It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statist Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My name is DINSTAAR, and I used to think that the state and the institutional violence associated with the existence of one, can solve complex social problems without creating others.

I am now a recovering statist. 12 years of public school, military training, and a couple years of state college education (transfer, thank God) has given me a vast history of statism.

Every day I feel the lingering effects of statism. I can't help but notice things like post offices, and town halls without feeling a nostalgic burst of ignorance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
When I finally left the Church of State, I found peace in the fact that I did not advocate coercion and murder anymore and that I could logically connect all moral principles without contradiction.

I still have friends and family who still belong to the cult. All I can do, is set a good example for how to treat others and hope that some day they will stop.

Any other recovering statists out there? If so, tell me about yourself.

1. What flavor of anarchist are you?
2. Book list?
3. Favorite speakers, authors?
4. Your story. How did you come to your conclusions?

I will start.

1. I guess one can consider me a market anarchist. I don't like this particular name as I see it more as a system of unhindered voluntary exchanges. I guess one can say I believe in a 'Free Market' for all things. You are free to exchange anything (goods, ideas, service) voluntarily. When coercion (violence) is entered into the mix, the idea of exchange itself is subject to manipulation.

The market is the whole of peaceful human interaction and I believe that this be free.

2 and 3.

America's Great Depression by Murray Rothbard
The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
No Treason by Lysander Spooner
Anything by RA Wilson

4. I started from a conservative family and grew into a libertarian. From this, further education in economics and philosophy made me follow the logical path to Anarchy.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1. What flavor of anarchist are you?

Anarcho-capitalist.

Property rights reside with the individual, the first person to work or transform a resource owns it.

Free market adherent, I believe all voluntary markets are the backbone of freedom. I believe in voluntary free market monetary systems with competing currencies and banking standards that are not set by a state.

2. Book list?

fascistsoup.com...

Human Action
Man, Economy and State

3. Favorite speakers, authors?

Tom Woods, Robert Murphy, Jeffery Tucker, Walter Block

4. Your story. How did you come to your conclusions?

Started off as a republican statist. Joined the military at age 18. Served a tour in the gulf and a tour doing counter narcotics in the Caribbean.

Started to question what was going on after discovering 9/11 was a total fraud and inside job. Became further alarmed as I learned more about our monopoly banking system.

Ron Paul running for the 2008 election is what really opened my eyes though.

I've moved progressively from republican to libertarian to total anarchist.

I now realize the state is not necessary and is the cause of 99.9% of societies problems.

edit: had to add Walter Block

Any man that writes economics articles like this deserves a prize:
libertarianpapers.org...

Martians and the economics of shooting Coke machines.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
little girl reads Rothbard

join