It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian & Grand Juror Sign up??? HOLD OFF FOR NOW.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

On Monday I have an interview set up in Oregon with a man who claims to be a member of this movement and helped to draft the letter to the governors, I would welcome any suggestions for questions to ask him. I've got quite a few myself!

Awesome opportunity PJ,
I think a top question would be: Why they are not reaching out to the millions of Americans who are frustrated with the 2 party system and all the corruptness in DC and across this land? Are we to assume that we do not matter to them?

Any new info. to report?? or did they get to ya?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong in writing letters to your congressman.
There is nothing wrong in asking them to be good.
There is nothing wrong even in lending your signature on such petitions.
There is nothing wrong even to physically attend a protest.

Such are your birth rights as a citizen.

BUT when your name, signature, and social security number is used to perpetrate violence by a minority devious others, then it may be TOO LATE to right a wrong, for violence against the majority is wrong and is never justifiable under any law or constitution.

Viable questions remain unanswered and yet the blind sign up – how does the GOTR intends to ENFORCE their powers?

By destroying the very Constitution other amendments made and call it a 'restoration' of the Constitution, if not murder?

Worse should you be ripped off and using your hard earn money in these hard times to support such violence. Beware of wolves in sheepskin. They always talk sweet and claim peace.

There are existing political infrastructure to initiate peaceful change. To force change by violence, one must realize that there is absolutely no supporting social infrastructure in the interim, which may last for weeks and even years.

In the meantime, who will take care of everyone else, if not a culture of everyone for themselves, the rich and the powerful protected, the strong killing others in order to get what they want, the poor, the weak, the kids, left to die?

Welcome to Somalia.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

I met with my contact today and he laid out the legal claims they are operating under in their letters with the governors, he also stated that the movement is non-violent and is acting under legal means to attain their ends.

He did not seem to think that they needed mass-public support for their actions and said that since anyone is welcome to join, he did not think that they were being exclusionary.

The main issue that I see coming of this is that the Guardians are operating under a very different interpretation of the founding documents than the United States government recognizes. Their interpretation would probably be just simply rejected when brought before a court, and I was unable to get a response out of my contact for what they would do if and when that happens.

Tomorrow I am talking to a law professor about the claims of legitimacy, but they seem to be in line with the Sovereign Citizens Movement to a point, thank you to the ATS member that pointed me in that direction for my research.

The SCM has had a rather troubled legal history, especially because of their links to extremist and racist organizations and here are some links about their ideas that I've run across:

From the Anti-Defamation League:
www.adl.org...

From US Legal Definitions:
definitions.uslegal.com... (draws info from the ADL site)

From the Southern Poverty Law Center:
www.splcenter.org...

From Wikipedia (redemption movement) :
en.wikipedia.org...

I'll have more tomorrow after I've talked to the professor.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Remember Jimmy, that the SCM is NOT a radical or extremist component. We are a peaceful movement as is shown by the moves so far. I am not a member of this movement. I have been researching this myself over the last 9 months. As I have time.

As for the way that the modern day government looks at the Constitution, is of course the whole reason behind the movement.

The Constitution was never meant to be reinterpreted. The meanings behind the language of the Constitution are quite clear. They do not change as time goes by. The precedents inferred by courts do not write law. The changing of meanings of words do not change the meanings of the Constitution.

There is one way and one way only to change the Constitution, and that is by the Amendment process, not by legal and legislative maneuvering.

Thanks for your research. Let us know what you find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join