It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do YOU hate the fed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

Again, the fed has no authority over what private enterprise is doing. That is how Reagan and the conservatives (and bush, and Clinton and Obama) want it.

But lets get one thing straight: Your beef with the fed is that it doesn't have ENOUGH power to regulate?

Boy, that's a new one.. I agree with that, somewhat. That is way different from what everybody else is saying on ATS

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The fed "controls" inflation. That can mean causing it (during deflationary periods, IE, most of 08/09), or limiting it.

For the billionth time, you're complaints are solely on the doorstep of private business. Your wages have absolutely nothing to do with the fed.. The fed doesn't pay you, your employer pays you.

That talk of "maximizing profits," have you ever heard of it? Where do you think profits come from -- they come out of your labor, and they go into the pockets of the shareholder. And if you don't want to work for a low wage, somebody else will, and that's called the FREE MARKET.

All this has nothing to do with the fed.

Btw, when inflation goes up, so do wages (for some.. usually the guys who own everything. They make more money every year, as they increase profits every year).

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You don't quite get it. You are convinced the fed is good. The fed are the enablers of the criminal securitization efforts of the banks. They support the banks getting free money and railroading people because they collect kick backs in the form of interest on every dollar not to help the economy. They'll print quadrillions because their interest is always covered by our debt.

They are a private for profit corporation, Kucinich knows it, Ron Paul knows it, Louis Mcfadden knew it as well as others who met untimely deaths trying to abolish the fed. Its a privately central bank and the idea that its on to have people running our monetary system who we have no voice in electing or appointing is wrong. That fact alone proves its private.

And since you asked I will do so nicely...

Read through this
www.real-debt-elimination.com...

And for the record yes I would rather walk around with gold coins in a change purse

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kaytagg, I would recommend you do some more research on just what the Fed has been up to since 1913, I don't think you grasp it man.

Start with "Money Masters" on google or youtube
Then check out "Money as Debt"
If you have time check out "Money as Debt 2"

Read and or Watch "The Creature From Jekyll Island"

I hope that helps!

Cheers SourD

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Simply put, the Fed, or any central bank, charges us for the use of our money. This is a totally unnecessary situation as any government could simply print its own money without the need for us to pay intrest on it.

Since we can only repay our central banks by buying more money from them, its mathmatically impossible to pay them back, since we have to borrow more money from them (with more interest attached) in order to pay back the principal + interest. This obviously leads to an unending debt spiral that forever keeps governments under the thumb of the money changers.

This leads to a primacy of central banks over their respective goverments, which is of course the plan. The Fed, and other nations central banks, compel governments to go to war on their behalf, because nothing forces a government to borrow more money (at interest remember) than war. Central banks in England and the US have funded every side of every major conflict since at least Napoleon and perhaps even earlier. These banks created and profited from all of the 20th centruries megadeath dictators - Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao and others were all creations of these cancerous organizations. So I would say its a pretty big deal to eliminate these parasites.

If you dont see what all the hub bub is about, simply ask yourself - 'should i be forced to pay for the use of my own money?' If your answer is no, then you can count youself as an end the fed'er.

If youre truly interested in the bare bones facts and historical recount of the misdeeds of the money changers, I *highly* recommend the classic documentary 'The Money Masters'. And if you have the patience to slog through 1300+ pages of scholarly text, 'Tragedy and Hope' by Bill Clintons mentor Caroll Quigley outlines the true historical effects of central banking on the world.

Really, until the practice of holding nations as debt hostages is ended, there can be no hope for humanity to advance in any meaningful, positive way. Kiiiiiiiind of a big deal.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Neo_Serf]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If I knew how to embed I would. Critical listening if youre really interested in educating yourself on this criminal instiution.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I applaud you for your attempts at enlightenment. Presented some good arguments and if it's any consolation, a good many are STARTING to see what you see.

To Kaytagg
One of the primary responsibilities of the Fed is to maintain stable prices and MODERATE long term interest rates. They failed miserably in this because they didn't (refused to) see a housing bubble which they could have stopped dead in its' tracks by raising interest rates to moderate levels.

And now, they've been above the law and scrutiny for so long they feel comfortable breaking the law outright.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here are some threads if you're interested in researching the federal reserve. The top one just started today, about the unauthorized bailouts.
Fed admits pre-bailout bailout
The one below is about the creation of the fed.
The Creature from Jekyll Island
The last one is a thread about when the fed lost NINE TRILLION DOLLARS.
Fed cannot account for 9 trillion

Do you still not get it?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I posed a similar query recently in this thread and just got the grumpy CT's who seem to be mad at the world. Although mine was about the US Government in general.

This country is far from perfect but affords an abundance of opportunity and inimitable freedoms. I denounce any person or group that would cause her harm. The faux patriots act as if they are defending democracy but are actually hell bent on destroying it.

I suspect it is the nature of the human existence that there will always be the haves and have nots.

Nice thread.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Your nations true history is one of resistance to private central banking. Just ask Andrew Jackson or JFK. Prolly just grumpy CTers mad at the world though, eh.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I hear Jefferson was just a crazed CTer aswell.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. '

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Did you read what I posted or look at any of the threads above? What about the info posted by whattheh? But of course we're all just angry CT's mad at the world. Who cares if what we say is backed up by EVIDENCE, right?
Do you love big brother?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Do you love big brother?

In the real world that I reside in it is imperative that there be laws, rules and systems for economic and societal structure. As I said it is an imperfect system but functional. I work as hard as anyone else, own my own business and pay my personal, property and tangible taxes. I complain just like everybody else.

It is not utopia, but it offers opportunity for advancement and rewards ingenuity and hard work.

Do I love big brother? No, I AM big brother. Paranoid much?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You realize the system you so blithely defend is on the verge of total collapse...right? You realize this was forseen by the founders of the Fed system when they created it in 1913, and they even made contingency plans on how to pass on the losses to the taxpayer, ie YOU, when the house of cards inevitably came crashing down? You think 'bailout' is a new term?

Sometimes being 'paranoid' is just having all the info. Enjoy your serfdom.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Paranoid much? In relation to the rest of ATS, nah.
I know we have a pretty good system but I am talking specifically about the Federal Reserve. So again, what do you think justifies their existence? Not to mention there are a lot of people who think that the federal reserve was unconstitutional in the first place because the constitution gave congress the power to mint coins and regulate their value. It did not give them the authority to set up a central bank that runs wild, doesn't regulate very well, and does very shady things independent of govt. oversight. So, again, answer my original questions.

Edit to add: Saying things like 'in the real world I live in' that imply I don't live in your so called 'real world' make you sound arrogant at best, ignorant at worst. Instead of making veiled attacks on me and calling me paranoid, how about reading my earlier posts.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by time91]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I am relatively well read on the Fed and empathetic to most criticisms which I feel are valid. However, life altering events have forced me to adopt a more relaxed approach to life and see and accept things "the way they are." I am familiar with the original charter, greed, corruption and nefarious ties to Illuminati.

In my life I've learned to play the hand I'm dealt. I'm near retirement and exhausted.
I've accepted I'll never be an astronaut and go to the moon, or climb Mt. Everest or swim the English channel. I'll likely not change the maligned financial system of the most powerful nation on the planet. (Look at what happened to Kennedy.)

I'll bide my time and although I won't get the Gold Watch and Rail Road pension, I look forward to comfortable golden years of retirement. I've paid my dues and saved a tidy nest egg. I'm not banking on any Gov. subsidies but I'll accept SS if it is still available. At my age, Health insurance is my greatest financial hurdle which is why I'm pleased it is finally being addressed.

"It is better to light a candle, than curse the darkness."

Sorry for my life story, but you asked. After all I'm unique, just like everybody else.

Regards...kk

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I like Ben B.

He seems generally pretty nice and has a good demeanor. Also after listening to a lot of Fed Presidents I have to say they all seem pretty nice and knowledgeable as well. Minus the former Tiny Tim.. he is a bit squeamish but now seems to love the spotlight * lol *... He (Ben B.) is also doing a real nice job of keeping his mouth shut and letting the market do the talking.

As long as you are in not in the camp of him/them being inherently evil and all that..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

The fed is not "enabling" the "securitization efforts" of the banks.

And btw, there's nothing inherently wrong with what the banks are doing -- but, considering how much capital they wield, they have the capacity to undermine the entire system; thus, when they go down, they take everybody with them.

It's been that way for quite a while. In 2000/01, Long-Term-Capital-Management imploded in a similar way, and needed a tax payer bailout as well (they reformed and went bankrupt again in 2008, btw). There are probably other examples, which I can't think of off the top of my head.

But, back to the main point: The fed didn't have anything to do with this mess. It was all private, unregulated business. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the private banks which caused this, not the fed. The fed didn't securitize subprime mortgages, then sell them, nor did the fed write the credit default swap insurance contracts which we ended up having to pay for, etc..

The Fed didn't do that -- private business did that. The market did that. Not the fed.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Actually as I have said for 1000 times be mad at congress for enabling most of this through lax regulation and lobbyists..

This has nothing to do with the FED but 99% of this website does in fact believe this.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Appearing to be a good honest person is the mark of the most deceptive people. Look at Bernie Madoff, remember the hearings on steroids with Schilling? (I only recall a few phrases, point is he appeared to be honest but lied)

Ben Bernanke refused point blank to tell congress where the money went on bailouts and has lied through his teeth and feigned ignorance on issues when confronted by Ron Paul and others.
I don't think everyone is inherently evil, but money and power corrupt people. The fed has way too much power, and I don't think they should exist in the first place.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join