It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can find out exactly how the earth was formed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is a theory I have come up with...

I know this has probably been thought up before, but I am explaining a certain project in which we can view Earth's past. It is scientifically possible that we can look into the past, and even watch the Earth form. We can scientifically prove that religion is a hoax in the same way. The only thing we need to do all of this with is time and technology.

First we need to overcome an incredible feat..
We would need to build a craft that uses free energy and can reach speeds in excess of the speed of light (its possible, continue reading).. and thats where the magic starts to unfold. For the sake of discussion, we will call this craft ATS-1.

Once you travel faster than the speed of light, you will start receiving light from the past. The further and faster you travel, the more delayed light becomes as it reaches you. So in theory, traveling fast enough, far enough, and long enough.. we can look back at any time on earth.

Building an extremely powerful telescope to view the earth from so far away would be another technological advancement we would need to make. This would be equipped onto ATS-1.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd938cf7e53f.jpg[/atsimg]

The further you travel out into space, the further you will be from communication with earth. That is why the ATS-1 has been pre-loaded with hundreds of thousands of tiny powerful satellites that will be dropped every 50,000 miles or so to transmit the images back to earth. ATS-1 will be taking the images and sending them to Sat-1 (Satellite 1). From there Sat-1 will take the images and rebroadcast them to Sat-2. This will repeat until the images are broadcast back to a satellite above earth and then be retransmitted back down to us. Think of these as ATS-1 leaving breadcrumbs behind as we - not as a crew, but as mankind - travel further and further into the deep void of space. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c354395ef57.jpg[/atsimg]

Its been proven that particles *can* travel faster than the speed of light.

According to the "Faster-Than-Light" Wikipedia entry:

The physicists Günter Nimtz and Alfons Stahlhofen, of the University of Koblenz, claim to have violated relativity experimentally by transmitting photons faster than the speed of light.[11] They say they have conducted an experiment in which microwave photons—relatively low energy packets of light—travelled "instantaneously" between a pair of prisms that had been moved up to 3 ft (1 m) apart, using a phenomenon known as quantum tunnelling.

Remember we are thinking about all of this in our technological time. If some day we can use wormholes to fold space and essentially bore a hole through it, we will be able to view earth's past in a relatively short period of time.

If ATS-1 became a successful project one day, we will be able to view Earth's history or even watch it form. We can see if Mars used to be inhabited. We could even see if Earth harbored an intelligent civilization before us. The possibilities are endless!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Or we could just observe how other planets similar to earth are being formed to build our knowledge of how all plantes including earth came about.

The extremely powerfull telescope may solve the problem without even needing to send it off into space where it may not come back. It just seems like such a huge tech economic and time consuming way, there must be a better way. Maybe even time travel, not of humans but a way to send an observer or some sort of probe back in time would seem easier, If the light from earths first moments is travelling through space the information sent out is still there now and traces may remain here on earth or be easily reachable in ways our physics is yet to explain.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I do believe Carl Sagan proposed this in "Cosmos". It's no new idea. However, will we ever be able to break the speed of light? Maybe, we broke the speed of sound. Let's hope

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I had a strikingly similar epiphany a few months back, the general consensus was that if we had the right tech, it would be doable.

My thread on the matter

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sure, if we could travel 5 billion + light years away, and point a big telescope at where in space our solar system was forming at that time, we could watch it form. A jump via worm hole would be another way to get there instead of actually going faster than light speed.

I think it's far easier to watch other solar systems form, which we are already doing. Observations have been proving that our theories of solar system formation are very correct. Stars form with spinning proto-planetary discs surrounding them and these discs of dust start to clump and form asteroids, planets, etc.

So, yes, such an experiment is possible, but I think wholly unnecessary as we can see the same processes happening with our current instruments. We don't need to travel 1/3 the way across the observable universe to sufficiently prove our current theories on how our planet formed, we just need to see it happening elsewhere, repeated over and over again in new forming systems.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
well the dude isent just talking about seeing the earth form but watching the past unfold in revers so as your leaving going faster then light using the tele recording the light as you go watching revers reruns of earths past ,
get 2k light years away and see just who this jesus was see just how they built thous pirmids 3k yaers agaio and so.
yea i have dreamed of tHAT for years but man the tek were talking about is a thousand years away alest i mean dude even the hubble cant see the moon landers and there only 238k away
so your talking about something way behond use even startrak hasent got it

[edit on 2-4-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok, I am up for it next week. This week I am having dinner at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well it would work on paper but not in practice. Going that fast has terrible liabilities. First navagating would be impossible because what you would be seeing would be off from what was really there. So going that far blind? It would be like trying to run thorugh a forest blindfolded without hitting any trees.

new topics

top topics

join