It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics! What's the Matter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What's the matter! no gods? no aliens? no angels? no demons? no cryptids? no intelligent designers? no ethereal beings? no free energy devices? no strong artificial intelligence? no starships? no UFOs? no paranormal stuffs? and no conspiracies?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
That's about the jist of it.

Not much of story I'd say.....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You left out-

Not looking like a complete and total fool every time.

It has its benefits.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Dear Republican08

So why are you a member of ATS??? Or is that a conspiracy in and of it’s self????

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Dear Mr Mask

I usually start with people say or some people think. It deflects.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Republican08

So why are you a member of ATS??? Or is that a conspiracy in and of it’s self????

Because it's fun

They are all little unsolved puzzles, keeps the brain going.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Dear Republican08

Fun indeed keeps the brain going naturally.

However your reply sounded negative.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Dear Mr Mask

I usually start with people say or some people think. It deflects.

Sigh...

Do I look like someone who needs advice on how to get my point across?

Like I said...

All those subjects mentioned in the OP do nothing more then make "certain types" look gullible and "other types" rich.

Most of those subjects are best saved for "what-if-fantasy-talk" and the rest are littered with hoaxes and lies.

Well, cryptids pan out sometimes...but hardly enough to get overly invested in much of the garbage in that area of interest.

I'm not saying any of those things are 100% impossible...but the "joke" that is the "common conspiracy folk's perception" of said subjects, is laughable and uneducated.

I'd stick to "provable things" if I was one those types and stop looking so darn foolish embellishing such poppycock.

Hey you wanted an answer...there it is.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
You left out-

It has its benefits.

It's usually the people who are so worried about how they look to others and claim everyone else are a bunch of fools who are the biggest fools of all.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Speculation , Theory , Conjecture . What would this World be without them ? Dead from the Neck uUp , that's what ! .............

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Speculation , Theory , Conjecture . What would this World be without them ? Dead from the Neck uUp , that's what ! .............

Sorry , Broswer Lag . Double Post *

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
What's the matter! no gods? no aliens? no angels? no demons? no cryptids? no intelligent designers? no ethereal beings? no free energy devices? no strong artificial intelligence? no starships? no UFOs? no paranormal stuffs? and no conspiracies?

Masonicon.....

What do you mean when you say "skeptic"?

Kind regards
Maybe.....maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

You left out-

It has its benefits.

It's usually the people who are so worried about how they look to others and claim everyone else are a bunch of fools who are the biggest fools of all.

Sure it is...

So you assume that skeptics who find all these "people" on here "looking foolish and trusting false info based on nothing more then a uninformed grasping hope" are afraid to join them because they secretly are terrified of looking stupid?

Cute theory but I wouldn't guide my boat across any ocean by it.

Just do the math and check the score.

What side is wrong a billion times a year, forced to take back everything they say all the while often rallying behind a fraud/wack-o/huckster?

Yeah...trust me, the reason I'm not jumping in that wagon has nothing to do with fear.

I simply refuse to join any group that is almost always wrong, never backed by evidence and uneducated on all sorts of reality.

Sorry...it isn't fear, I'm just addicted to being right.

So I refuse to join those who are "constantly" making fools of themselves with "made-up stories" and laughable ideas.

I'm just not that easy to "take for a ride".

Make sense?

Or are you still thinking I'm an idiot for not setting my watch to watch Planet X arrive?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Dear Mr Mask

You might go back and have a look at what I actually said.

It begins with “I usually start”

Just my point of view.

However it sounds like you are having a really hard day I suggest you go and have a lie down.

However it that is how you feel why are you here, that really is question??

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

You left out-

It has its benefits.

but who is the fool, the fool? or the fool that follows the fool?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

However it that is how you feel why are you here, that really is question??

I promise you this much-

All those subjects listed in the OP are the candy-cardboard-cut-out-conspiracies.

The REAL conspiracies of this world are much more important and grounded in reality.

And it is those "real conspiracies" that I come here for.

Not that silly kid stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Trust me...it is ALWAYS the fool who is the fool.

Those who allow those fools to be, are just tired of telling them to smarten up and stop selling the family cow for beans.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Trust me...it is ALWAYS the fool who is the fool.

Those who allow those fools to be, are just tired of telling them to smarten up and stop selling the family cow for beans.

yeah i dont know why i said that, thought it sounded quite profound at the point of typing, beieve me i'm one of the biggest skeptics on this board, which is a shame really as I came to ATS to confirm my beliefs on UFO's it has had the opposite effect and made me a skeptic

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

If you can show me some concrete evidence that any of these things exist, physical scientific evidence, then I wouldn't be a skeptic, but most of the time, the evidence is not strong enough on any of the subjects to really commit yourself too.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No UFO's?

UFO's are unindentified flying objects. I would never deny their existence because if a witness can't identify a flying object, then it is unidentified until someone else recognises it for what it is. The problem sceptics have with UFO's is the assumption that if they can't be identified, then they have to be manned or unmanned spacecrafts from another planet. From that unfounded assumption, it is a small step to assert the existence of aliens as fact. Hucksters, hustlers and conmen of all ilk have been lining their pockets for years based on that idea.

In my opinion, it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility of other intelligent life forms in our vast universe. But to uncritically accept the wild speculations about ET's as facts, as promoted by our popcorn culture, would make such a believer a prime target to be milked and fleeced by unscrupulous con artists.

By all means, one should keep an open mind and look closely at the evidence available, but if someone told me they are channeling Grockchak from planet Yurdonut and started talking rubbish in a funny voice, I would run like hell.
Peace.

Edited for weird grammar

[edit on 2-4-2010 by jeanvaljean]

<<   2 >>

join