It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father shot molester son through head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Father shot molester son through head

www.smh.com.au

A Michigan man who shot his 15-year-old son to death after the teen admitted molesting a three-year-old girl has been convicted of second-degree murder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
G'day

What can one say about this?

One has to wonder how this father raised the very son that he shot.

I wonder if we'll find out it's been a circle of "father abuses son"....."son abuses girl"....."father abuses son" (i.e. kills him).

Perhaps it started generations previously.

Perhaps the father was abused by his father.

What a terrible story.

Father Shot Molester Son Through Head

April 2, 2010 - 11:09AM

A Michigan man who shot his 15-year-old son to death after the teen admitted molesting a three-year-old girl has been convicted of second-degree murder.

Jamar Pinkney Sr. of Highland Park was convicted Thursday in the November 16 death of Jamar Pinkney Jr.

The elder Pinkney's lawyer has said the father became enraged after his son's admission and couldn't control himself when witnesses say he forced the teen to strip, marched him to an empty lot and shot him through the head.

The second-degree murder verdict means Pinkney will be eligible for parole.

Defence lawyer Corbett Edge O'Meara says the 37-year-old Pinkney never expected to be exonerated.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow... Bit of an over reaction.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Horrible on so many levels. What the son did was inexcusable, and it must have broken the father's heart in a way I can't imagine.....but the rage it takes to kill your own child is something even more powerful. No peace for anybody in this story.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

G'day Kaytagg

It also wasn't like it was a fit of momentary rage.

He made him strip, walked him to a vacant lot, etc....

The father was an animal.

It should have been a 1st degree murder verdict, not a 2nd degree murder verdict.

It would be interesting to know more about their background......I reckon there'd have been a lot going on there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Makes you think
A father so against this raised the kid who commited this

I am all for death penalties for such people

Is it just me or is pedophilia becoming an epidemic?

This is wrong but at the same time the father deserves a badge!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Horrible on so many levels. What the son did was inexcusable, and it must have broken the father's heart in a way I can't imagine.....but the rage it takes to kill your own child is something even more powerful. No peace for anybody in this story.

G'day Alora

I agree.....no peace at all.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am of two hearts on this one...

On one hand I have always agreed that you should put your own dog down.

Your on son I can only imagine the heartache...

On the other...

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

Truly....

Star and Flagged

I have no clue how I would handle it..... No bloody clue lads none in that situation. None.. I can only hope that no parent has to go through that..

Was the other child related?

The whole issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
IMO...he did the right thing and should be set free.

Now if only more parents would do this

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Makes you think

G'day ModernAcademia

That last statement of yours is a brave one to make.

But no.....I can't agree with that.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

G'day grayghost

I don't agree.....

He shouldn't have shot him.

That's wrong.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Everybody loves a good witch hunt, "maybe... maybe not." The one thing even the scum of the earth seem to be in agreement on is that you don't hurt/molest children.

So when somebody is convicted of doing that, suddenly even the worst of the worst, most immoral people on the earth are able to get up on their high horse and reign down their holier-than-thou retribution.

I think in this case, it was probably more of an excuse to kill his son, rather than some misguided sense of morality; that's what morals generally seem to be to most of these animals -- a justifiable excuse to hurt someone.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No point in being PC about this......

The father gave him life... His son chose to abuse with it.... The father took his life back after the abuses.....

His own blood committed horrendous acts with the life his dad bestowed.... Whats his to give is his to take back...

God bless the dad..... I would not be him for any amount of money... He is a hero....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Makes you think

I had a brother that worked at Kingston Penitentiary and he explained what a horrible existance the inmates lived. And this was Canada, not the torturous US prison system.

Enlightened societies KNOW that having the state kill people (outside of war) is evil and susceptible to abuse. How many threads have we had just here at ATS about police and DAs commiting perjury and worse?

My point is, too many innocent people die by execution and living for the rest of ones life is no picnic in prison. If you want to punish the father in this story, don't give him parole or any kind of protective custody in prison.

As far as giving Dad a badge? You're sick! ...The kid , the child, was 15 years old. What he did was horrendous but my God, did he deserve to die?

You make me sick! Grow TFU!! Hopefully for you, you're never falsely accused of anything. Of course, that NEVER happens today.

Get yer head outta yer...!!

No offense.

Jason

[edit on 1-4-2010 by hthjason]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
No point in being PC about this......

The father gave him life... His son chose to abuse with it.... The father took his life back after the abuses.....

His own blood committed horrendous acts with the life his dad bestowed.... Whats his to give is his to take back...

God bless the dad..... I would not be him for any amount of money... He is a hero....

I thought the "almighty god" gives people life and takes it away...

What happened to "thou shall not kill"??? Oh yeah, I forgot, some people can do what they want....

Magnum

[edit on 10/4/1 by Magnum007]

[edit on 10/4/1 by Magnum007]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I saw the title and thought, "Good man, way to take out the trash."

I read the snippit from the article and thought, "WTF?"

This just seems like bad parenting by a bad person. I dont know a single father that could ever imagine killing their own child. And this guy shot his son IN THE HEAD. It feels like that would take a certain level of hatred to do. Look at your son, point a gun at his face, and pull the trigger. I can't even imagine myself doing it. And i dont want to.

I'm not for eugenics, in any way shape or form (unless its natural selection, come to think of it, this is kinda natural selection) but maybe its good that this gene pool has ended, assuming he's an only child.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You guys are HYPOCRITES!

If you had read about this father hearing about his son molesting his 3 year old sister and not doing anything about it then you would just be posting about how messed up he is to let his son get away with such a sick thing!

Of course it is drastic to kill your son out of anger - but If I had a son and I found out he molested by 3 year old daughter - I would be FURIOUS!!! Obviously he has some anger management and self-control issues BUT seriously....CAN YOU REALLY BLAME HIM!?

I am in *no way* advocating he was right for killing his son - I am only saying to stop being so judgmental and condemning!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
You guys are HYPOCRITES!

If you had read about this father hearing about his son molesting his 3 year old sister and not doing anything about it then you would just be posting about how messed up he is to let his son get away with such a sick thing!

Of course it is drastic to kill your son out of anger - but If I had a son and I found out he molested by 3 year old daughter - I would be FURIOUS!!! Obviously he has some anger management and self-control issues BUT seriously....CAN YOU REALLY BLAME HIM!?

I am in *no way* advocating he was right for killing his son - I am only saying to stop being so judgmental and condemning!

You mean like Dad was judgemental and condemning.

Of course we understand Dad's anger. That's not the point. Ths boy commited a sick act. He was sick and only a boy.

Jason

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons?

Get out of the 19th Century and into the 21st. He was just a kid. he needed help, not a bullet!!

The only reason to hit someone, much less kill them, is self-defense. Period.

Gandhi defeated the British Empire and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Murder is wrong, especially when committed with the power of the state.

Jason

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I grew up in Detroit.

15 year olds are not "just kids" there.

They know EXACTLY what they are doing.

I am not saying he should have been shot- Hell, by the time I was 18, I was in county jail already 6 different times... I am now a very successful young woman, a theoretical physics major who speaks several foreign languages and has won many scholarships, awards, recognitions, distinctions, etc. So although it's uncommon, I do know for a fact that people can change...

But I am just saying to look at both sides of the story...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join