It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Hill, based on Illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone may know of a connection. Seems to me the cult from the Silent Hill series are supposed to represent Illuminati. The Seal of Metatron? The flauros? The pyramids of pennance? God is the devil and paradise is pain? Just seems like someone in the games development was either taking a shot at the Illuminati cult, or intentionally made it that way to put a sour taste for such cults in our minds so that we would reject them in real life. Either way I feel there might be some connection.

What do you think?

Also, has anyone heard of the order of the silver hand? Just wondering.....

Seal of Metatron - Halo

Flauros

Pyramid of Penance (AKA Pyramid head)
I'm replaying all the games to see if I can find anything significant in the game, like an easter egg.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There is a ton of symbology in there...

Although i think a lot of it is based on the subconscious fear of symbology as opposed to the symbols themselves.

The stories focus more on the inner universe reflected outwards as opposed to the interaction between character and events (if that makes sense).

In other words - Silent hill is a reflected version of the psyche and subconscious of the protagonists.

You could be onto something though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I live in PA, a few hours from Centralia, the town in which Silent Hill is loosely based on.

I never heard of The Illuminati having anything to do with this actual event, though in the video game you can see some of the obvious symbolism. I think it has more to do with Satanism than the Illuminati (though both subjects are interrelated). Centralia is a sad story, and going up there you can just feel the negative vibes that were left from the incident.
Centralia, PA

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Yeah I read all about centralia, can't believe the fires are still raging after so many years. Kinda like the "door to hell" in Russia.

Door to Hell

Mr-lizard I completely get what you are saying, in truth the game was about the inner demons of the protagonist, but those demons were manifested by the cults work. I know the cult are actually not satanists, but really rather are much like the Illuminati; they believe God and the devil are the same and that their paradise is like our hell.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Argh, I wish I had the Silent Hill games so I could see more of this myself. However there does seem to be strong symbolism going on... S&F for pointing this stuff out.

The subject of this particular secret society interests me, I've stumbled across countless other Illuminati references in all forms of media, whether they be direct or the product of stipulation.... since we're talking video games in this thread, I've followed speculation that Resident Evil 4 was either heavily influenced/inspired by the Illuminati. For instance, the name of the group trying to control the world in RE4, "Los Illuminados", is pretty obvious, if you ask me. RE5 follows up on that group. I also think it's of particular interest that there was a version of RE4 already well completed prior to it being scrapped to become the game it is now. Whether that has any significance or not is purely up to you.

Another game to point out is the not-yet-released "The Secret World", a MMORPG centered around conspiracy theories and secret societies -- the Illuminati are one of the main 3 secret societies that the players will be able to choose from, effectively becoming a member of that group in-game. This is a game I'm definitely playing, lol, it's a fascinating concept already. Definitely should have a look if you've not seen this yet... here's the official TSW website. (Gotta love the title of that site...
)

Also, this trailer from The Secret World is worth pointing out:

Thus seeing as the Illuminati do make it into our video games, I would not find it as a surprise that they were at the very least inspiration for things seen in Silent Hill. The theory I keep hearing is that the Illuminati are so heavily referenced in media because they make it that way. I suppose after looking at everything thus far, it wouldn't be too hard to believe....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
But dont you guys always find some way of taking anything and saying it leads back to the illuminati? I mean every time there is a pyramid or any numbers they are somehow connected to the illuminati.
If you can find it in silent hill you could probably find it in sonic the hedge hog and school house rock.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Actually the pyramid is a much more masonic symbol, not Illuminati. The symbology of the seals in Silent Hill, the belief that God and devil are one in the same, that paradise is pain and suffering, this is what makes me think Silent Hill is Illuminati based.

I agree with you in that many people find literally "anything" to be related to some secret society or another, but trust me in that i wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't see so many connections. Finding one connection is easy, even two, but to find almost ALL of the beliefs and practices of a secret society in one game is too much to ignore.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Silent Hill is not your standard video game.

The symbols used in the series, are far from random or just "triangles & pyramids".

The series has departed from what it was originally, about the time the movie came out and the 5th installment in the game series.

Anyway, back to the symbols. I didn't know until recently, that the symbols displayed in some of the games, namely the original, are the symbols from 16th century occultist Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, and his "De occulta philosophia libri tres", (Three Books About Occult Philosophy). Pretty heavy choice for just a "horror video game". It's been a long time since I've played this game, but from what I can remember, the Seven seals represented the time of transformation for the coming of a god. They littered the town and were always amongst other disturbing imagery. Including such images as, an upside down corpse used as a bloodletting sacrifice to fill up a bucket.. well, need I say more.., and with gratuitous amounts of horror, mystery and other occult symbolism.

The whole game is an occult freak show, and it scared the ever living crap out of me when I was around 14. It is a very disturbing game psychologically, especially the second in the series.

The protagonist in the first game is Harry Mason, who is trying to find his daughter who is inexplicably lost somewhere in the town. There is even a secret ending which features one of the most random sequences I've ever seen in a game. UFOs fly over the town, and a bunch of other random scenes take place. Mason gets zapped with a ray gun and abducted.. apparently. It's simply known as, "the UFO ending". I mean, the guy's name is Mason.. it's just too coincidental for everything to be random. The developers were clearly knowledgeable on conspiracy theories and the occult, and did all of this as a silly joke or they were trying to plant a strange message.

I would do a full write-up to put everything into perspective, but I don't want to lose my mind, frankly. Some of the stuff is quite unsettling. The second game is rife with the manifestations of the protagonists sexually repressed mind in a world of hellish monsters, nightmarish worlds and disturbing imagery. The ending, which I won't reveal, puts everything into it's place and you're left in awe.. when it was released anyway. It is considered today to be one of the few games that holds up as a great story.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

yeah whatever. Symbols and triangles= illuminati no exceptions. ▲ oh noez im illuminati now. but yeah i found this it can only mean the they might be giants is in on the illuminati thing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

The first game is occult heavy and full of hermetic and goetic material.

I have read that a number of the people who worked on the first game were big into the occult and knowledgeable of the Typhonian Order and the Illuminates of Thanateros.

The Typhonian Order
user.cyberlink.ch...

The Illuminates of Thanateros
iota.goetia.net...

The later games are more psychological and deal far less with the occult. The film retains none of the hermetic or goetic elements of the game.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't know about all this, but the first silent hill was a freaking great game. One of my favorites. And it is obvious that the designers knew all about occult subjects...etc..etc. I don't' think its any "illuminati conspiracy" or anything though, they just wanted to make a compelling game with a cool story, which is exactly what they achieved.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I dont know if Silent Hill is part of some sort of pyramid. I became a member and was thinking of writing about Silent Hill before I saw this. The pyramid head demon could reference two eyes and the third eye as a pyramid. He is an executioner demon or an executioner around the town come back as a demon. Its peoples own version of a hellish purgatory designed for them exclusively, and very psychologically disturbing.

The concept for the first game that made the town purgatory and allowed good and evil the day mist and the dark nightmares that created the series might resemble illuminati. A young girl pre-teen gets trapped in a burning building set on fire by her mother and the evil cult of silent hill. The girl becomes comatose burned badly so she should be dead but still lives. She had the soul or spirit of a dark evil god inside her and the cult was trying to release it. It split the soul into 2 a newborn placed outside of town and the burn victum pre-teen girl whos nightmares created the purgatory nightmares monsters. The cult tried to bring the 2 halves of a soul together to release their dark god Samuel.

The second game shows a greiving husband being drawn to the town by something later that could be seen as an illusion or a hallucination. He gets tormented by watching a twin of his wife being murdered 3 times in front of him and realizes who smothered her to death. He says "I know why you brought me here to be punished".

The third game revolves around the newborn of the first game born at the end who has a new identity and is being brought back to the town by the cult. She is 17 supposed to be 24 and has a problem or bad feeling of religion. She has to fight the apparittion or her former self Alessa and the whole game follows the series as really psychologically disturbing . Again the cult is trying to give birth to a god but she rejects it at the end. The whole series has lots of religious references.

The 4th game a guy is trapped in his room and a hole appears fights ghosts as he trys to escape his room locked completely from the inside out. This is a different take on the series but he travels to Silent Hills orhanage and to locations in Silent Hill.

I guess it depends on what you call the illuminati. I read in a gamer magazine the term "rapture olympics". And if you consider this with Heavenly Sword, a red head girl gets a divine sword that slowly kills her, Bioshock city of rapture, Devil May Cry series or 4, Halo series, Final Fantasy 7, Legend of Dragoon, Bullet Witch, Darksiders , Bayonetta , F.E.A.R., or Assassins creed. All have religious imagery and some deal with armagetton. If you believe the illuminati might be trying to fufill something. I saw an image of a writing on paper will all this be saved on memory card. Uhhhhhhhh it was on Marilyn Mansons new cd with the song Arma mother F ingetton.

join