It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock on C2C right now! Are you listening?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I certainly am. It's great to hear Hancock being interviewed.

Graham Hancock on CoastToCoastAM

Anybody surprised by anything that's been said so far?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Graham Hancock is going to town tonight on coasttocoastam.com...

Anyone listening?

I met Hancock at the INFO Fortfest back in 1998 -- he was still lecturing on Fingerprints of the Gods.

His big schtick at that time was how a comet was going to destroy life on Earth and how only a nuclear missile would save Earth -- by destroying the comet.

I commented to Hancock that doesn't the effect of nuclear technology equal the effect of a comet? Isn't the method of the solution just as bad as the problem?

He didn't have an answer -- only we didn't have another choice.

But I think we do -- and now Hancock is fixated on the spiritual and the paranormal -- which is what I was focused on -- NOT on using nuclear missiles to save humanity.

haha. Big change Hancock and nice to see! His last two books are focused on the spiritual and the paranormal --

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.grahamhancock.com...

The science behind his new novel.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
From the Web site:

See the trailer

Since when do books have trailers? Am I the only one who's annoyed by this?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

He appears to be just reading from the book -- so I guess that's a trailer! haha.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well I was hoping they'd be talking about ancient, highly advanced civilizations. Sadly, they're just yammering about spiritual ideas.

Boring.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Obviously you've never done ayahuasca! I did it and I assure you Graham Hancock was completely transformed from his experience! It really does show you a post-death state of consciousness -- truly mind blowing bliss and what I call the "rainbow vortex of reality."

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
No, but I've used psilocybin, '___', MDMA, marijuana, coc aine, crystal meth, GHB, nitrous oxide, and probably a few other exciting substances that are slipping my mind at the moment.

I just listened to them take a call from a doper who asserted quite emphatically that psilocybin has done nothing but remove all of his illusions and enhance his creativity. He stated that psilocybin ought to be worshipped, and Hancock enthusiastically and rigorously agreed with him.

Please.

I was enormously creative before I ever touched psychedelic drugs.

Just because your drug trip gave you something trippy to paint or write about, that doesn't mean the drugs have awakened your creativity.

Creative people are creative regardless of whether they have access to mind altering substances.

Sure when you're on ayahuasca, you might have some insight in between the vomiting and the explosive diarrhea. But so what? There are safer, less messy ways of experiencing insights.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Hancock's research. I just wish tonight's program would deal more with the things he's found in the archaeological record, as opposed to the things he thinks he found while puking his guts out on powerful hallucinogens.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Seriously you gotta do ayahuasca then -- it's way beyond '___' or magic mushrooms -- at least according to people who've done all three before.

I did it while relying on my full lotus qigong third eye training:

www.youtube.com...

springforestqigong.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'll take your word for it. I've seen enough of what's in my subconscious mind to know that some things are buried for a reason, and ought to stay buried.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Regardless, Hancock's new novel, Entangled, certainly sounds like an interesting new direction for him as a writer, and I do intend to check it out.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am a fan of Graham Hancock's earlier works, and did read his spiritual one "Supernatural". I wish he would get back to his original focus of lost and ancient civilizations.

There is always Colin Wilson.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The problem with Supernatural is that Graham Hancock breezes over 90% of human history -- specifically the Bushmen culture. Hancock argues that psychedelic mushrooms caused humans to have a revolution in consciousness around 50,000 years ago so that sophisticated culture (art) emerged. So Hancock relies on an analysis of the Bushmen cave art -- a 80,000 year old statue of serpent was discovered in a Bushmen cave which calls into question Hancock's thesis. In fact the Bushmen are the original shamans -- using trance dance healing which is the same as yoga or qigong alchemy. The Bushmen use psychedelics but usually it's just the females (to help induce trance) and the Bushmen don't rely on psychedelics. So for 90% of human history 90% of the males trained to be alchemists -- without using drugs.

Psychedelics are an amazing tool but the spirituality of humanity that Hancock has discovered is beyond the confines of using a plant.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well said, Drew.

Also, if humans have only been fully conscious, in the way that we think of it, for the last 50,000 years, then how did we manage to either build pyramids on Mars and then migrate to Earth or, alternately, get off Earth, migrate to Mars, and build pyramids? 'Cause those structures are almost certainly a lot older than 50,000 years.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well you'll have to read the Stargate Conspiracy to find out the answer:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...-%20Of%20Hoagland,%20Cayce,%20Egypt,%20Mars,%20&%20The%20Stargate% 20Conspiracy

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Graham Hancock does not believe aliens ever physically came to Earth. He is quite adamant about it in his book Supernatural. I was disappointed he took that sort of tone, as his theories get ridiculed just as badly if not worse as he is a journalist, not an archeologist to begin with.

I will keep his earlier tomes as reference, but will probably sell or give away his later stuff.

As for the question of did humans go to Mars, we would need to send people to the planet to really look at what is there. There is a possibility that it is all natural formations and tricks of lighting. Physically checking out the "hot spots" on the red planet is a good idea before delving into all of the theories of who built what.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if Hancock is careful to distance himself from ancient astronaut theories not so much because he doesn't believe them, but because he hopes that is research will be less vulnerable to ridicule if he leaves out the alien hypothesis?

Also, didn't Fingerprints of the Gods at least mention in passing the startling correlations between the monuments of Mars and certain ancient structures on Earth? Or am I thinking of one of his later works?

What did he have to say on the subject in The Mars Mystery: A Tale of the End of Two Worlds?

[edit on 3-4-2010 by flightsuit]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

He did co-author a book about the mysteries of Mars and the links to the pyramids. So far, he has never mentioned what his theories are on how that happened. Did the Ancients have the means to go to Mars, or did extraterrestrials put them there as to tell us of their presence?

I can see him trying to avoid all the problems Erich Von Daniken has gone through and not mention ancient astronauts, but to dismiss them outright seems to be a little harsh from a man who now makes many claims after using psychedelic drugs.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
www.grahamhancock.com...

The science behind his new novel.

LOL there is no science, only a good writers formula on how to make money from the gullible minions....

[edit on 4-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 4-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join