It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I just seeing things?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is strange even to me but I have noticed a shift on ATS after the health care became law. Before when the argument raged back and forth many pro-health care posters filled the threads and it was hard to get a word in at times. And many were new members and they seemed to be posting from a script.

Maybe I am paranoid but am I only one who has noticed this? Did we just see a organized propaganda push for health care? And in the future both sides should keep a vigilant eye on this. I am sure it works both ways. And is there anything ATS can do about it?

I can tell you one thing I have much more respect for the people who are still here fighting for their cause no matter what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

i noticed...we all know the gov has hired help to troll the boards looking to sell everyone their bs schemes...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The best part about government is that it is inefficient. Imagine what they could do if they weren't so terrible at everything. I wouldn't put it past the government to utilize forums like these to spread lies. I would, however, object to the effectiveness of it.

As long as its government propaganda, I am not to scared or even slightly concerned.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As I have been lurking since while back (and I am relieved I have finally decided to join the fray) I noticed a lot of health care issue threads and now there aren't as many. It seems that there may have been paid advertisers for the health care bill on ATS.

Strange though that they DID seem to be scripted! I think you should put up some links of such posts just so that everyone can see them(and you can prove yourself with having sources).

(flagged this!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So I am not alone I am glad to know I was not going crazy!!!!

I have noticed this with other topics we need to start to take a look at new posters right before these huge issues. And once the issue is gone so are they. I have not idea what ATS could do about ?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nothing you can do. Everything they are doing is legal and, just like the various skeptic trolls etc, their words are theirs and we cannot tell them to stop.

Maybe ATS can have a task force to find these accounts and delete them when they do desolate?
--

Also, can you please post example posts? I know I asked before but I think it would be fun to see them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No, do not post anyone else's comments. It is against T&C. I caught either a habitual liar or troll or CIP once.

Posted about 15 of their comments and got globally banned. Almost got booted.

Do not go down that path. No attacking other members. That is a no no.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
No, do not post anyone else's comments. It is against T&C. I caught either a habitual liar or troll or CIP once.

Posted about 15 of their comments and got globally banned. Almost got booted.

Do not go down that path. No attacking other members. That is a no no.

Who are you saying this to? And what are your thoughts I respect your views please share them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Did we just see a organized propaganda push for health care?

Some of it would have been.

If they spent big bucks selling it to the people in any way, they would be nuts not to pay a few people to post comments on the net.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm still here.

Though, I don't remember making threads specifically regarding HCR. I am a proponent of it and remember arguing for it from time to time.

I notice a lot more 'against' than I do 'for' on these forums. My take on your observations stems from personal experience. I've taken a great sigh of relief now that it's been passed and don't feel the need to fight so hard for it anymore. That general feeling may be what you're witnessing...though, I can't say for certain because I don't know what you remember.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
I'm still here.

Though, I don't remember making threads specifically regarding HCR. I am a proponent of it and remember arguing for it from time to time.

I notice a lot more 'against' than I do 'for' on these forums. My take on your observations stems from personal experience. I've taken a great sigh of relief now that it's been passed and don't feel the need to fight so hard for it anymore. That general feeling may be what you're witnessing...though, I can't say for certain because I don't know what you remember.

If you look back about two weeks ago you will see about 75% is for health care and now it is like 25% it is like they were here just to see it passed this is my point. And you still being here says alot. Just like I said in my original statement I have respect for the posters who are still here. Even though I do not agree with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Maybe it's about time that people realised that the Health Care Bill is here and it's going to stay.

Maybe people are finally realising that this may not be a bad thing after all. And in reality, it's not a bad thing.

For everyone to benefit from good health care be it Rich or Poor, Black or white, Christion and non Christian and lastly Old or Poor.

Wouldn't people be more Comfortable knowing that no matter what, if you needed a Doctor or a Hospital in an Emergency, You will be looked after without it Costing you a Fortune?

People really are Making a Mountain out of a Molehill.

How many people are going to miss a few dollars from their Tax, anyway?

America needs a Healthy and Strong Population if it is going to become the Great Country it once was.

For all the People that were Angry and totally against the Health Care Bill will all quieten Down after the next few years.

From now on, Watch America Grow into the country that everyone would like it to be..

Health Care for the Poor, The Homeless and the Needy, What a remarkable difference it will make to their lives.

Anyone who is against this bill, is in my eyes, Extremely Selfish and have a "Me Only attitude".

I'd love it if they had a record of people that were so against these reforms. They wouldn't take the Taxes from them to Pay the Mandatory Bill. Then a person on this list requires Urgent Medical Treatment and get's Denied because they Don't have the funds to cover it. How good would that be?

They'd come back to this site and cry their hearts out because they were refused Healthcare because they Couldn't Afford it.I bet that would change their outlook then..

Mandatory HealthCare has to be implemented in any Society, especially America's. Americans have to keep themselves Healthy and Strong for the long road ahead to recovery.

Further more, What would you rather? 2 percent of your income to pay for Universal Healthcare or Wait until you are Sick or injured and then have to spend your Life Savings, in order for your illness or Injury to be Fixed?

Whan you look at it Logically, it's a Win/Win situation for all Americans.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I saw a couple that used some pretty weak excuses and a couple that looked like they had play by plays.

I usually do not pay much attention to them though. If I wanted to engage people that are not constant members I would probably be on my other sites more.

Gotta love the king of conspiracy.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Please stop trolling my thread!!! This has nothing to do with the topic and if you want to talk about the issue I will glad to argue points with you but this is not a debate about the plan itself but how propaganda was used on ATS. If you want to debate the bill I am sure you can find 100 threads.

Please stay on topic.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I saw a couple that used some pretty weak excuses and a couple that looked like they had play by plays.

I usually do not pay much attention to them though. If I wanted to engage people that are not constant members I would probably be on my other sites more.

Gotta love the king of conspiracy.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by endisnighe]

Yea ATS is kinda like one big dysfunctional family in a way. But I hate when the party crashers come and this is my point.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

This is strange even to me but I have noticed a shift on ATS after the health care became law.

ATS has always had the majority of members against the healthcare bill. I challange you to link me one thread that was for the bill and recieved more support than opposition, I am sure you will not find any.

Most ATSers opposed this bill and any proposal brought from the Democrats. However I can see how alittle opposition will appear to you as a flood of opposition.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Seriously I just went through some of the healthcare bill threads, all of them have more people flooding in opposing the idea. So where on earth do you get the idea it was the complete oppose?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hm...I for one am not a proponent of the HCR bill. I believe it was just a tactic to keep the American people arguing with one another and distracted from our real problems in this country. I also believe we will not see it entirely enacted either. It's unconstitional. Period. The Dems will be voted out this year and the President shortly thereafter in 2012.
That being said, I must respectfully disgaree with you. I noticed more threads against HCR than I did for it. Of course though, that was only my own personal observation. For me, seeing that it was discussed (or rather argued against) ad nauseum only further brought me to the realization that it was all a ruse. It was meant to turn us against each other, and it seems to have served it's intended purpose.
One last thought- why would linking to pro-HCR threads be against the T&C? It's not posting another member's comments. It's not attacking anyone. It's linking to threads the were pro-HCR, to let people draw their own conclusions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Seriously I just went through some of the healthcare bill threads, all of them have more people flooding in opposing the idea. So where on earth do you get the idea it was the complete oppose?

Well having dealt with you on past threads I know were you stand when the truth is concerned and it is not with me. And if you do not see it I am glad you don't. I called out a few posters in the past and you know what they are gone? Just like I said they would be.

And you should think to yourself just because I am on the right side of the coin this time does not mean that will not change in the future. The worm can turn and you will be on the other side and just like I said in my opening statement this is used by both sides.

And this is a personal observation not a scientific one. But I am pretty sure I have nailed this one. I think your pride and arrogance is clouding your view and even if you did see something I bet you would cover it up. I have seen you before and I know this is how you roll.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Your problem is that you cannot deal with any opposition to your points of view even if the consensus of the thread fits your world view. Again I could not find one thread where opposition against the healthcare bill was flooded out, I keep on finding the opposite. The threads Iv seen so far have all been anti-obama care so would you care to show me a thread where the majority of people were for the bill? Thanks.

Feel free to u2u me and show me a thread where the opposition is flooded by pro-healthcare posters because such a notion is completely unrealistic to my time spent here on ATS.

And if you do not see it I am glad you don't. I called out a few posters in the past and you know what they are gone?

What posters? Its funny that before the election year most anti-Obama posters were not around. Where were you folks I ask?

And please u2u me the thread 'I do not see' that you speak of.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join