It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarface School Play - A New Low

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Freenrgy2

O well you act like it sorry. I mean I'd really love to blow my lid over something completely fabricated. Also you get me that article where it says this happened in a school? Either that or get me something stating parents can't let there kids do a nonviolent recreation of Scarface?

I never said it happened in school. What are you doing, taking bits and pieces of things people have written that you disagree with to make a broad based assumption.

There have been plenty of links posted as to what this play was all about.

link   

Nothing really "vulgar"... thats pretty simple. No swearing(I heard motherfudger), no fighting, and no ill temperment toward each other. Unless you can show me somewhere in their "Acting" where they verbally cussed at each other and got into an actual fist fight.

And yes if Scarface isn't cops and robbers or cops and drugdealers(The new age game), then what is it? Did you see a different movie where the tyrannical drug boss gets murdered in the end? I still stick by that many kids probably wouldn't get involved in this type of activity if they saw the actual movie.

link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Ya I do but if this isn't a school system I'm sorry but there isn't an arguement here. A family can do whatever they please, especially when no one is actually getting hurt and nothing really vulgar is involved. I mean do you honestly think these kids understand everything they are doing? If you do I'd love to be the child you were, where they understood everything at 7 years old. There was nothing in that scene that was any more vulgar or brutal then playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians.

Have adults write the script for Cops n Robbers, have them add sexual references such as "my fudging wife's womb is polluted, I can't have babies with her", and then have the adults push said children on stage while they perform "cops and robbers with detailed dialogue that mimics Scar-Face"

AND THEN (only then) would "kids playing cops n robbers" be anything similar to this.

As for the old fart line...are you sure it smells like old farts here, or are you just an amoral child?

Never know...kids are evil yknow.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Ya plenty of links with zero credibility. Your the one getting worked up about this, that this is such a travisty!!!! So please what is your exact stance... explain it to me, I'd really loveee to know.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Ya plenty of links with zero credibility. Your the one getting worked up about this, that this is such a travisty!!!! So please what is your exact stance... explain it to me, I'd really loveee to know.

I guess I just am intolerant of this type of abuse.

Trust me, I'm sure millions of adults are about to make a public outcry against this.

Heck, that was probably half the plan when these "bad parents" set forth to moles there children in this fashion.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

My exact stance? Have I not been clear about it?

Tell you what...go back and read what I wrote then ask again if you really aren't sure.

And I'm really not worked up about it. Fact is, I'm disappointed...disappointed that there are people like you (and others) who don't find this inappropriate. Guess that explains the state of much of the world these days....apathy.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

What I do know is those kids were happy at the end of that play. They put their arms up and were happy but I suppose you just pulled all the bad out of it. Ples the language wasn't offensive at all to me. I can walk outside and here a 5 year old swear 80 times. The kids looked like they enjoyed it, doesn't seem like much more then a family event. If it is a school like I said before, at least this time I'll be entertained. It's the parents job to interpert information and explain it to their children, although I don't let my child watch rated R movies all the time I do let her watch some. Why you ask? Because some adult movies can show a great deal to children. If you disagree well thats you. I on the other hand will choose to discuss things with my children to let them know what exactly something means. Since I doubt these children really unserstood the scarface play, again why I see this as being innocent. Also it does smell like old farts, that and smug people who think sarcasm is different then insult.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ya that we have wayyyyy to many up tight people still living here. Have a good one, I on the other hand am not disappointed at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Ya that we have wayyyyy to many up tight people still living here. Have a good one, I on the other hand am not disappointed at all.

Is that a threat? Trying to get rid of me, eh?

I think you'd find more people opposed to this than to just blow it off as kids having fun. I consider the intent of such a production.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That was hilarious, and a little disturbing, but only because grown adults had anything to do with it. consider the following.

upon seeing the movie boys in the hood, as a child, me and a couple friends acted the whole movie out, and even spawned variations of the movie. This includes rolling up tree leaves which were then used as joints, getting but assed naked and running through one little girls house screaming, "your grandmas here" a couple actual fist fights ( all for the sake of realism) and twice i was nerfed to death with a pistol.

now, consider me and my little group of friends did this with damn near every movie we ever saw. but we were like little alexs from a clockwork orange. A bit of the ultraviolence was always thrown in. My version of teenage mutant ninja turtles involved death, drugs, sex, depression, and a slew of other things. We used to go to school and while we were pretending to be something, another group of friends (basically kids from another neighborhood, but went to the same school) were pretending to be something else. We'd end up mixing it completley and it normally ended up with someone in the clinic. Our excuse, was ALWAYS cops and robbers.

As a kid, i was a theiving, cruel, twisted being. and most of the kids i knew were the same. its survival of the fittest out there on that jungle gym. you had to have the better jokes about someones mom, or how ugly someone is or poor or stupid. Because if you didnt, you were oh so screwed. just because you didnt want to be mean, doesnt mean others where going to leave you alone.

i agree, we were basically little barbarians. if i knew what copulation was, and i could have convinced a chick to do it, im pretty sure i also would have been wifing up half the schools female population. and fighting other dudes over them. im not kidding either.

and this all took place before 4th grade

love and peace

edit to add : not that we werent kind too, and we werent always mean, its just, when the situation called for it, i could make your mama jokes with the best of them, and scrap with the rest of them.
[edit on 30-3-2010 by M157yD4wn]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Local Channel 2 (FOX) in Detroit just picked this story up. It *is* very distubing, and the media is taking notice.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Woops. They just said it was a hoax on the news. But still...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Woops. They just said it was a hoax on the news. But still...

Vindication!

Other words, comprising a second sentence!

(Edit, to clarify: I called this on the first page, and got all kinds of flak for it. This feels good.)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Seems it was viral afterall.

I guess MR Mask and the Joker from Arkham Asylum will have to fight the good fight alongside Klasfeld (The director) for social justice.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It's kind of funny to see TMZ, CNN, FOX, etc... pick this up after posting it on ATS.

Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well, looks like the initial reports of this being a viral video are true. Even though I can agree on some level to the reasoning behind the director's intent, this still is an inappropriate way to get your message across.

I still feel that this is nothing more than child exploitation for some individual's gain. I guess if he's satisfied with the results, then that's all that matters. Who cares what the rest of us old fashioned types, such as myself, think.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Ya whats the intent? World Domination by Scarface play?

Also I'm not trying to get rid of you, but you clearly are looking at this as bad and no other way so how can I have a debate with you?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I still feel that this is nothing more than child exploitation for some individual's gain. I guess if he's satisfied with the results, then that's all that matters. Who cares what the rest of us old fashioned types, such as myself, think.

Correct!

Thanks to everyone who called this a hoax from the beginning!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join