It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamie Oliver's school dinners shown to have improved academic results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Having just watched jamie Olivers first episode of his new Food revolution shown in America, I was interested to see that his efforts have paid off here in the UK. A school where jamie trialed a new school menu showed healthier school dinners had not only significantly improved pupils' test results, but also cut the number of days they were off sick.

It's common sense really, but hopefully other schools will follow suit.

I here his show has gone down like a cold cup of sick in America though, not too keen on having a limey come from over the pond to tell them how to eat, which is fair enough, it can quite easily come across as condescending, I'm sure he has peoples best interests at heart, even if he is a fat tongued Essex boy

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Fair play to him i say.

I always try to eat healthily and since i have been doing that i have noticed a major change in myself, now when i go shopping i try to pick healthy foods and dont even really drink anything bad (beer excluded!)

i litterally just cooked the nicest dinner lamb chops and some crazy potatoe thingy i copied off the telly! yummmmmmmm!

Id give up on the yanks if i were him they obviously dont care much about that sort of thing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Fair play to him i say.

I always try to eat healthily and since i have been doing that i have noticed a major change in myself, now when i go shopping i try to pick healthy foods and dont even really drink anything bad (beer excluded!)

i litterally just cooked the nicest dinner lamb chops and some crazy potatoe thingy i copied off the telly! yummmmmmmm!

Id give up on the yanks if i were him they obviously dont care much about that sort of thing

Im sure the Americans do care, just maybe being told by a British person is counter productive in some ways

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Maybe but just see how many replies you get from yanks that care.

Doesnt really matter what nationality the person is who is telling me about what not to eat, what matters to me is that they are a world class chef

new topics

top topics

join