It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2081 everyone will finally be equal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

2081 everyone will finally be equal

you can watch it online here:

loombo.com...

"A short film adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, 2081 depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th Amendment to the Constitution and the unceasing vigilance of the United States Handicapper General, everyone is "finally equal...." The strong wear weights, the beautiful wear masks and the intelligent wear earpieces that fire off loud noises to keep them from taking unfair advantage of their brains. It is a poetic tale of triumph and tragedy about a broken family, a brutal government, and an act of defiance that changes everything.

Featuring an original score performed by the world-renowned Kronos Quartet (Requiem for a Dream) and narration by Academy Award Nominee Patricia Clarkson (Far From Heaven, Goodnight and Good Luck), 2081 stars James Cosmo (Braveheart, Trainspotting), Julie Hagerty (Airplane!, What About Bob?) and Armie Hammer (The Social Network)."

link www.finallyequal.com...

now how about that?

i just watched this short movie last night, it blew my mind! AMAZING story line!

just how more crazy society can get?

it's the ultimate dream of the control freaks, to have everybody handicapped, obey, be like sheep....

this film is pure art

[edit on 27-3-2010 by raynemarina]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The concept is good, very good.
But what I think what would happen is something from stories of Deus Ex and Deus Ex 3.
Lookie here:
en.wikipedia.org...

and Deus Ex 3:
en.wikipedia.org...:_Human_Revolution

Starting with RFID chips, moving to nano tech, microprocessors inside a brain, much easier to control a person

Star and flag

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I read the story version when I was a kid and have been looking for it recently, as it means even more to me now. I can never find the names of the random stories floating about my head, so yeah, a million million thanks!

Also, you may enjoy this one as well:

www.cracked.com...
More funny where this one is serious, but still maybe worth a read.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ganja]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

thank you very much, i myself found the story recently and thought i'd share

was looking for all new sci fi films out there, but this story is so close to real that's even frightening, taking in consideration the health care reform and soon to be implemented RFID technology, the HEALTHLINK

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Eh, there will (unless we kill them) be two systems- one for the unwashed masses, and another for the 'elite families'

We will wear weights and masks and machines that scramble our thoughts, 'they' will not.

I don't expect 'them' to do things that would impact them negatively in the future, but us? On the other hand...

new topics

top topics

join