It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USMS Counter-Surveillance Teams...on US soil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
With all of the domestic concerns over spying and law enforcement activity gearing up for "something" I was doing some bidding for my own company when I came across the solicitation below. The wording suggests they are looking for people to train other USMS personnel BUT, it also sounds like they are seeking contractors to do this work as well. pay attention to the wording in it below. I think this should be watched closely.

I have "heard" thru the proverbial grapevine ( yes, I trust the source) that Xe is trying to setup some type of law enforcement agency for CONUS ops. I had no luck verifying that but again I know and trust the source as he works in DC at one of the alphabet groups. he took issue with that and so do I. I do not agree with any private security company/contractor playing cop for any reason. Thought you all would want to know this. I'll update if I get anything more concrete but for now I think the issue of what I posted below seems somewhat in that neighborhood, maybe a few streets over though....L8TR, Mike

** This is NOT for fugitive purposes as the USMS already has a fully developed program for that in terms of training & interdiction **

Solicitation Number:
DJMS-10-R-0208 Notice Type:
Sources Sought Synopsis:
Added: Mar 26, 2010 5:15 pm
Sources Sought/Request for Information (RFI) for Counter Surveillance/Surveillance Detection Services leading to the development of a deployable CS/SD team for the United States Marshals Service Headquarters, Arlington, VA.

The USMS Headquarters in Arlington, VA is conducting preliminary planning market research to determine whether there are qualified small business sources, which includes small disadvantaged businesses, 8(a) Program participants, HUBZone small businesses, woman owned small businesses, veteran owned small businesses, and service disabled veteran owned small businesses with the capacity and capability to satisfy this requirement under NAICS Code 561611-Investigation Services. The anticipated period of performance is 9/15/2010 through 9/14/2011; with the possibility to exercise options up to four one year periods. The type of contract contemplated is an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity with firm fixed-price contract line items and cost reimbursable line items for travel.

USMS request that all respondents address the essential elements of the requirement to determine if it may be set-aside for small businesses. You are advised that providing responses to the questions will not automatically include you in the acquisition process for future solicitations. The requirement includes the following tasks:

1. Consulting with USMS personnel in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area with regard to

the composition, training, and tactics of the CS/SD team;

2. Designing a program of instruction for training the USMS CS/SD team;

3. Training up to 60 USMS personnel in CS/SD tactics and techniques (training is to be

conducted in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area); and

4. Providing a cadre of up to 60 trained, experienced, and top secret cleared contractor

CS/SD personnel, ready on 72 hours notice, to augment and assist USMS personnel with

CS/SD operations anywhere within the United States and its territories.

Please complete the Market Survey Questionnaire (attached) in its entirety and submit

your response no later than April 9, 2010 by 3:00 pm EST, via e-mail to

[email protected] or fax number (202) 307-9695. Responses shall reference the Sources Sought notice. We appreciate your participation and input.

Source: FedBiz Ops

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Providing a cadre of up to 60 trained, experienced, and top secret cleared contractor

CS/SD personnel, ready on 72 hours notice, to augment and assist USMS personnel with

CS/SD operations anywhere within the United States and its territories.

Sounds like a little more than "training" to me.

[edit on 3/26/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
there is no way they could do this on a national scale.
there would have to be tens of thousands on US
Soil to make a difference.

However, they might try this for Washington DC
only, as kinda like an Alamo scenario. Custer's
last stand. Foreign Police troops not afraid
to fire into a crowd of angry Americans.

This is absolutely appalling.

However, who is to say those very same troops
wouldn't turn around and take Washington
themselves. It's a double edged sword
they're wielding.

I can understand why they are doing this.
The US gov is anticipating some of their troops
will not fire against their own civilian population
so they're bring in mercs from other countries
who will. It's an inverted Blackwater operation.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

[edit on 26-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Remember now, Obama signed the order allowing Interpol Officers full authority and immunity on US soil a few months back. I see this as a way to spy on US citizens while using nontraditional personnel to get around the laws and constitution.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is a legit thing, but its really of no concern. The USMS is trying to mirror the FBI SSG CI groups that have been around for MANY YEARS. It may sound all bad a@@ or secretive, but in reality the job is an unarmed watchdog who will do all the bitch work for the Special Agents. I can pretty much guarantee it will be an unarmed job, just like the SSG, and the people will do nothing more than observe and report. Pretty boring and NOT what most people will want to do once they get out in the field and start doing it.

Also, the title says "on US soil"....not sure what thats about considering the USMS is a US agency...makes sense to be on US soil...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

No, it doesn't make sense for the military to be operating on "US soil" for anything other than domestic relief or traditional call-up duties. Do not confuse this with being contracted and outsourced for basically mercenary or private security jobs similar to Xe.

Unless the government is planning on declaring the Continental United States a war zone or indefinite domestic war, then any federal military operating anywhere close to Law Enforcement for citizens, anything other than at their own military discretion on military operations and bases, then it will violate Posse Comitatus.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act during peacetime.

It doesn't matter if it's "not going to be badass or secretive", it is against the law for the military to act as officers of the law, enforcement or otherwise. Explicitly during peacetime, and if I'm not mistaken, there is no war on the Continental US' soil. We are talking about the violation of a very serious and important act, and it was established for a very good reason. It is, in fact, a very big deal.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Also, the title says "on US soil"....not sure what thats about considering the USMS is a US agency...makes sense to be on US soil...

That linked towards this below...

I have "heard" thru the proverbial grapevine ( yes, I trust the source) that Xe is trying to setup some type of law enforcement agency for CONUS ops. I had no luck verifying that but again I know and trust the source as he works in DC at one of the alphabet groups. he took issue with that and so do I. I do not agree with any private security company/contractor playing cop for any reason. Thought you all would want to know this.

It wasn't about the USMS being on US soil as that is obvious and needs no clarification. However the use of contractors certainly does. This I believe is part of the Obama decision to allow Interpol police on US soil a few month's ago by signing that exec order. This would allow Interpol to learn the American culture and understand how to conduct surveillance ops here without raising too much attention. Currently there are Interpol personnel being trained at A.P. Hill In Virginia. I believe this all ties in together and that is the scope one must consider rather than just a single story or thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Posse Comitatus is no more than a formality now and is used to reference a bygone era where it once actually ment something. Don't be fooled by old ideas and practices because this is a new day and era in which will eat you alive if you drop the ball or fall on a complacent backside. BTW its the US Marshal's Service (USMS) not the Marine Corp. (USMC)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The United States Marshals Service is NOT military....you must of missed the acronym...not USMC...USMS..?????

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Texas calling in...."we ready"...i know it could be any unimagined scenario, "we ready"

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks Texas! I know Texas is always ready thats for sure. Take care

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Yep, I did misinterpret the acronym when I read through it. Very sorry for that, however I think my stance is clear, even regarding the jurisdiction of marshals.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

thank you , sir....MacArthur said that huh? !!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Yep, I did misinterpret the acronym when I read through it. Very sorry for that, however I think my stance is clear, even regarding the jurisdiction of marshals.

Your stance may be clear but the authority is a bit off. When a federal law enforcement agency operates, you know they have NATIONWIDE jurisdiction...i.e. anywhere on US soil...so that is not debatable..or worth worrying about.

As for Xe being hired...as I mentioned in another thread. I worked for Blackwater back in 2003 for 1 year. I still am friends with many guys who used to work there and currently still do as Cadre members in NC...they are not doing well and many of the guys are already police officers...those who need money are signing contracts to go to Kosovo or Africa...outside of that, I do not foresee them become private LEO's here in the US...IMO

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I did the same thing when I posted it
I had typed "USSMS" then had to correct it all...too many letters!!

I think there's more to it than what it reads because I still remain in weekly contact with my former colleagues in service and they usually are dead on about what they discuss with me. I believe this is one of them as it was divulged before I saw this solicit. Take care!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
you guys should see all the fun and smiling faces at one of the twice monthly gun shows here in Texas. yep, police are all over the place, and they smile too. so, it's not really a gun "show", and the smiles aren't from having good entertainment, it's more like everyone is being extra curtious, and not wanting to rush too much or bump or offend the crowded aisles,but it's more like let's take care of the business at hand, and "hey buddy, make that ten thousand primers and 7 pounds of powder, and i'll take both those desert eagle 50 cals"

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Xe wouldn't be hired because of the bad PR. Personally I liked those guys when I was in service. And they are still working in Afghanistan and the region with a solid contract book. But there are plenty to choose from now, but my bet is on Triple Canopy. Founded in Chicago and Obama just tossed them a 30 million dollar security gig to boot.

Of course there is always others in the pool to.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Since USMS is responsible for witness protection, I think counter-surveillance is an important part of that.

Nothing to see here.

CT

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Exactly my thought's, complete authority within the United States, and the finest outfit in Law Enforcement, nothing but professional's there, so no worries....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I believe both of you are missing the point or just have a passion for the Marshal's Service (which is fine).

Its not about what the USMS can or can't do nor their jurisdiction and its not about witness protection as I stated in the post that apparently was either missed or overlooked.

** This is NOT for fugitive purposes as the USMS already has a fully developed program for that in terms of training & interdiction **

Its about contractors performing the service and the other mentioned variables in the solicitation. Otherwise I never would have posted the thread as I'm fully aware of the authority & readiness of the USMS. Take care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join