It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This isn't really any different than the government covering up UFO's by sending up fake ones for people to see. They make them look fake and anyone who claims to have seen it and insists that it is real looks like a fool.

This takes the light off of the real UFO's that are out there.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Kata]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have read some ancient arabian texts (forgot the name). Its told there is somethig that can be called multi dismensional gate, teleport, star gate or something like that, and it tells that it is located in undergrounds of babilon city.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Stargate! Where? At last I will be able to get home!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh this is great, Stargate

And my buddy just dung up "Encino Man". They tell me hes the missing link.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
You come to this forum to discuss things that you may believe are real and than again fantacy. Stop your uncalled for criticism. You live in a world where things are taken for granted. Turn on the lights and tell me how illumination was instantenous. I bet you can,t.

WOW! I'm sorry as I was under the impression that this was a place where one could express one's opinions even if they are the opposite of yours. I must be some sort of idiot!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
LOL I just saw the name of the last poster, and thought it said Jonas, ' as in Jonas Quinn' hehehe, As much as I would love there to be a stargate in real life, No really I would love it, I don't believe something like that really could stay in cheyenne mountain without some asgard or G'ouald giving the game away
hehe , take this with a pinch of salt

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
Maybe that's what happened to the WMD. They sent it through the stargate to another world.

How did you know?

The trouble now is we are having a hell of a time figuriung out what seven codes to dial in to find the right planet =/. We have asked the asgaurd to come and help us but they were unable to reply we just got a video feed back of some kind of spider robot hybrid thing on the asgaurd channel.

Please don't tell the Colonel that I let you in on this as it is Way above top secret and I'll get into trouble.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adam_S
I have read some ancient arabian texts (forgot the name). Its told there is somethig that can be called multi dismensional gate, teleport, star gate or something like that, and it tells that it is located in undergrounds of babilon city.

Don't mean to come off rude but I don't believe you at all. There is no such thing as an ancient arabian text out there that describes any type of dimensional gateway and it's hidden location.

By all means though...I'd appreciate it if you'd prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"Stargate in Iraq What is the possibility? I have read on other web websites that the possibility is real."

Pretty High, I'd say that after we've finished over there the chances are they'll have stargate, Smallville, Angel I wouldn't be suprised if they manage to pick up re-runs of Buffy!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Simon]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I could be way off on this because I don't know the topic that well, but wasn't it some of Carl Sagan�s scientific �stargate� theories that were used in that awful movie Contact? It�s not like the theoretical concept of a stargate is that far out of reality. I don�t think the people that made the movie Stargate or Stargate SG1 were really cutting new ground. They were just producing a fictional story about a theoretical scientific concept.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's about time someone has come to my aid. You were absolutely right about the movie "Contact". Myths and Legends have a beginning, wether it is true or false.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's just sooooo fashinable to make fun of Contact, but the simple fact of the matter is that it was a believable movie. Everybody was pissed because they didn't get to see slimy aliens or the exciting lives of scientists at disco clubs, but to 'Hollywoodise' it would have turned it into a mockery. I enjoyed the movie myself and thought that it was done intelligently and with a resurved dignity. Sure it is not the type of film that one goes to the theater and jams popcorn down their throats to, but Americans have enough eating disorder as is. Or haven't you heard that it is a country of obesse people? Or is it that you just don't care? See how petty it all is now?

HA! Don't worry as I have the Friday evening 'slaphappies' and am just F*ing with you.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the skeptic meter should be pretty high here. Stargates are a great way to get around that whole "science" thing and go directly to alien world exploration. Like another fella said, why would his sons die and Sadam live in a dirt hole if he could escape to another world...

Anyway, Im going to watch the stargate in action in a few hours, even if it is a re-run.

Variable

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think it's a cheap little tactic to use movies like "Contact" and "Stargate" and claim that their premises must have been gleaned from some "real life" legends of myths when there's no other available proof.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What "cheap little tactics"?

Albert Einstein has a scientific theory that time travel is possible. Carl Sagan has a scientific theory that stargates are possible. Stephen Hawking has a scientific theory that black holes connect multiple universes and multiple dimensions. None proven, but all theories based in real science.

Not many people are calling these three guys crazy. If I was forced to bet I would put my money on these top scientists over some posters on an Internet forum.

BTW: I wasn't making fun of the movie Contact. I just thought it was a very boring movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Einstein did not say time travel is possible. What he said was the closer you go to the speed of light time slows. If you could go the speed of light for a day and then stop, turn around and head back at the speed of light, a little over two days may have passed to you but, more time would have passed on the world you started from, it's called relativistic time dilation link. You also have to deal with the theory that if you travel the SoL then you turn into light, or energy. So it is all moot.

Sagan wrote "Contact" as science fiction. Hawking doesn't believe nature would allow wormholes as Carl envisions. It is a theory, much the same way as say, aliens or say God, because it is not proven. To a scientist anything is possible until its is proved impossible.

Multidemensions are part of several theories, String Theory for instance. It's all theory.

Lots of theory abotu time travel can be explored here link

Variable

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This arabian text is called crazy arab manuscript or something like that, dont know in english. It says also about deamons etc, but also that there is a gate to hell in undergrounds of babylon city, so we can interpretate it means a trans-dismensional gate.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know if there is a Startgate or not...I can only say that I, personally doubt it...seems they would of helped themselves with it instead of being in the predicament they are currently in if they had one, of course that would be assuming they knew how to control it. As to the reptilian theory...it has indeed been around longer than the mini series V. And for the record, this IS the pace to post what you think and it is also the serious minded ufo searchers responsibility to be skeptic, otherwise how can we learn the truth...but I don't think it's our place to make fun of others ideas.....we read things on other boards and come here to ask about it, not get laughed at...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway......I love the series!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmmm I dont know, I highly doubt there is a stargate or ever was, dont you think if there was, we would have seen some effects of it throughout the course of history over the last few years. Again , I highly doubt taht we have the technology to create a wormhole, especially one that is containable, to the extent that is doesnt act like a worm hole.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
it seems, that the majority of the people tends to see this "iraki star gates" , that are burried in the ruins of ancient babilon, as similars or exatly identic in propose as the ones from the movie. why?
we can't talk about irak start gates with out just think on the ones on the movie?!
i can build a gigantic gate , with a futuristic design, and call it a "star gate",and relate that on my diary or sometihng like that, because he can be adorned with planets, stars, etc. 2000 year in the future, if some one find it's ruins, or the diary, i think they will be interested too in it, as we now can be interested by this one.but that dosen't proof that they wrok or have the same objective of the ones on the film.
but, i always think twice each time i see something about "something" already in a movie, because it can have some truth behind it.
make a movie it's one of the best ways to desbilive something.

*typos

[edit on 15-8-2004 by kangaxx]

<< 1    3 >>

join