It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain this UFO someone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Howzit everyone.
Now..I am not claiming this to be any type of alien UFO or anything....Frankly when I saw it i asked myself "WFT is that !?"
its round about 1:19 on the video, and comes from the top-middle right of the screen, slows down its velocity and changes direction. It looks like a sphere of some sort! some help and debunking?
Thanks
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow that was pretty awesome. I don't know what it is but can't wait to here the explanation.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a drop of water on the shuttle window, near the camera.... the drop is stable, but the camera was moved a bit by the cameraman... at about 0:45 you can see how "dirty" are the windows.

And the drop, like any drop, has lens characteristics, producing a smaller but inversed image of the background, here the earth rim.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd definately say that was water on the window. At 1:18 just a second before the movement you can see the trail it will follow, kind of like when its raining on your car window and your travelling down the motorway and you can see the raindrops trickling down the side of the window in different unpredictable directions.

The camera man does also move his camera.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It refracts the light from the Earth exactly the way I would expect a water drop to refract light -- i.e., it looks like a water drop.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nice cut scene/fade from the event.
That was some FAST editing.

Very suspicious thing to do considering that they will likely say it was something innocuous and mundane. Even if it was something normal, someone may not have thought it was and made sure to move away from that scene fast. Someone used to hiding abnormal things from the public.

I wonder...did the cameraman catch the "other" cameraman in the shot?
That is a no-no.

"You're allowed to go up boys, but you damn well better make sure you cut us out of all the shots."

Put this on the Orb blooper reel.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I dont know what that is, if it was water wouldnt it be ice?? and i think moisture on the inside would be a bad thing right?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
I dont know what that is, if it was water wouldnt it be ice?? and i think moisture on the inside would be a bad thing right?

thats what I say...everyone has seen water before...to me this does not look like a water drop... very cool

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Swamp Gas. A water droplet would never move that fast or change direction that way.

All kinds of other videos around of similar orbs that nobody will or can explain.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

aint that the truth!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
it looks like a water droplet, when the side of the shuttle is away from the sun, it will freeze up, when it comes back in view of the sun, it will heat up. Thus melting the ice. It (shuttle) is also traveling quite fast in orbit even though it looks stationary.

That will do until Phage gets here.
(that was my impression of him BTW)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It looks to change direction to me from when it first appears.

dunno but it does remind me of some other STS videos of appearing orbs. Particularly the one where a fleet is behind the shuttle and they just keep appearing.

b

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

It is on the inside of the shuttle window. It is the camera which moves, not the water drop.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pic is maar bietjie kakkerig

Me thinks it might be some condensation or icy partical of some sorts

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I tried.

A cheap imitation is never as good as the real thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i knew i saw it before.....

These sequence is NOT from STS-7. Disinformation.

Is from Space Shuttle Flight 14 (STS-51A)

here the oficial archived link

www.nss.org...

narrated by the astronauts themselves.

at about 10:38 time mark it is the drop sequence.

... NASA didn't bothered to "hide" this even in the oficial conference video.

[edit on 25/3/10 by depthoffield]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The way i see it is,

More and more while we progress through time and into 'the future', more and more regular things that people were very used to before suddenly seems amazing and with no explanation, just 20 more years or so and we will be explaining thunder and forest fires as punishment from the angry gods...

Oh, watched the video and there is a drop of water, pretty much the same as i have seen tons of times in car windows when its raining, or even in my bedroom window when its raining and there's a lot of wind outside.

The Black Night? really? from all possible things it had to be that one?

Don't know what ufos are, have seen lots of them, never had gotten to understand what they really are, but (totally unrelated to the first part of this sentence
) this comment on youtube is just plain dumb:

What the heck is that orb at 1:19?

Beats me.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

although no one said it was the BK sattelite. I was only curious about the water droplet that comes in at 1:19...
as always....Phage to the rescue..thanks

tick....one more of the anomoly list

[edit on 26-3-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Why would you guys assume that it is a normal thing for water to be floating around inside the shuttle?! They don't just let water or anything for that matter just float around freely, that's an extreme safety concern. Items are usually tethered or watched closely while being used.

That object in the video looks a lot similar to this topic. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only reason I am leaning towards the object being something from outside our realm is because how the programme reacted to it. They quickly cut into a scene then went back to a view that was focused on Earth, not the same view of space.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally898
Why would you guys assume that it is a normal thing for water to be floating around inside the shuttle?! They don't just let water or anything for that matter just float around freely, that's an extreme safety concern. Items are usually tethered or watched closely while being used.

That object in the video looks a lot similar to this topic. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only reason I am leaning towards the object being something from outside our realm is because how the programme reacted to it. They quickly cut into a scene then went back to a view that was focused on Earth, not the same view of space.

It's not floating, it's on the window. It looks like water but it could be a clear droplet of mucous drainage (snot) from an astronaut sneeze for all I know, but it's definitely a clear droplet of something and water is as good guess as anything.

I think you're assumption that the program reacted to it is unfounded. If they didn't want you to see it why give you a sneak peek and cut away, why not edit it out completely?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join