It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To whom it may concern-----WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
WHY--- This is the question the bothers me and keeps me up at night what changed in us and why. We have fallen into a hole and the very light at the top we can not see anymore WHY?

If you look back just a few short years you would see a much different America one in which neighbor helped neighbor and the government was not something to be feared. Right and wrong ruled the day rather then the endless gray area we live in today. People from other countries had respect for us and many wanted our way of life. This is not the case today many of the very same people want the US
to fail as country. WHY?

Parents would discipline their children and the police were more concerned with keeping the peace rather then looking for a fight. You did not have endless hateful debate on every issue the divides us. It was better to respectfully disagree rather then go for the others throat. WHY?

The right and left existed but the lines in the sand were not nearly as deep. Now it is about winning at any cost even if you lose your souls along the way. We had winners and losers and that was OK. Now it is about leveling the playing field for everyone to win. And being careful not to offend even over the slightest of things. Men were still men not some in-between mix. WHY?

The economy, wars in the middle east and the current administration mean nothing in comparison. We need to fix the US from the ground up not the top down. It is us-- that is why we are failing and why the very moral fabric of America is ripping away it is us. We need to be more about family and faith. We need to get rid of politically correct way of thinking. We need to see right and wrong and stand up for it. But mostly we need to remember what America is about and lead by example not by words or guns.

I don't even come close to having all the answers but I will never stop asking WHY. But I do know we need to live without apathy and fear.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
lead by example not by words or guns.

well it would appear that leading by example
and leaving our guns at home is what has
brought us to this slavery point we are in now.
So, ur analogy is not working, wouldn't u say??

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

lead by example not by words or guns.

well it would appear that leading by example
and leaving our guns at home is what has
brought us to this slavery point we are in now.
So, ur analogy is not working, wouldn't u say??

I think we are talking about to different things. You mean against our own I mean against others nations. And I have to totally disagree with you it is not time and conditions must get alot worse before we even think about that. But I do think peaceful organization is called for.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

And I have to totally disagree with you it is not time and conditions must get alot worse before we even think about that. But I do think peaceful organization is called for.

well I think waiting til they implant me with a RFID
medical chip or a National ID Card is a lil too late to start.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Too many people who thought they knew better, destroyed all the moral fibres of our "Once Great" lifestyle.

You cannot do most of the things today, that our parents did when we were young.

Discipline for children is no longer acceptable. I was watching a show one day where a Child Phsychologist actually said that if I child does something wrong, we should talk to it and say how he/she had hurt our feelings. When I was a kid, when I did something wrong, I knew how bad I hurt my parents feelings. I knew because I'd get a good whoopin for anything I did to hurt their "Feelings".

When I was a kid and I did something to infuriate the local Cop, I knew how much I had hurt that Cops Feelings. I knew because I had his size 10 Boot firmly planted on my Behind. Then I'd get home and get another of the same becausde the Cop had called my Parents.

I could go on and on about "WHY". But I'd be here forever. I just wanted to point out the above because I think our whole way of life has changed because of our Children and our Childrens, Children.

Is it me or does anyone else think that the 50's, 60's and 70's were the best years of their lives??

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It isn't the communities in the US alone that have sunk into a deep hole, but the communities throughout the whole world.
I recall a time here in the UK when neighbour would help neighbour, the government, wasn't totalitarian.
Friends of mine from other lands (France, Germany, Morocco, etc.) all talk of similar accounts.
I do wonder why we all became so uninterested in our own communities and our own futures...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's way too many things to list I think but among them is the fact that people have definately gotten more narcisistic and selfish with every succeeding generation. Used to you could have conversations about religion, politics, etc. and thats all it was, just a conversation. People take things alot more personally now. Its easy to start a fight with someone if you want, just start a conversation on religion or something and disagree with everything they say. They'll be fuming taking it personally wanting to choke you most of the time. I think Parenting should be looked at as one of the most important jobs out there. I know lots of people who get home from work and turn on the playstation and stay on it while their little kid is practically begging em to just play with em for a while. Instead they get yelled at and told to go to their room and shut up. I think too maybe since it practically takes both parents working nowadays and mothers arent home with their children, the kids just run wild. I hate to think of all the stuff I could have gotten into if my mom was'nt there when i got home from school.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ghostsoldier78]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
One contributing factor, among many:

Many of us are against the wars. But we can't dare speak out against them with out half the community accusing you of not supporting the troops. Cheesus Crust folks....have you ever stopped to think that the best way to support our troops and get them the hell out of there is to protest and quit deflecting the debate down to a "you are either with us or against us" mentality...

That's just one area that has caused the divide amongst neighbors....there are many others though.

My 2-cents

top topics

join