It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Empire of the City, George Washington, and the Holy Roman Empire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Also I don't know if it means anything, but I used to work in NYC and took a bunch of picks of Cleopatra's Needle and at the base of the obelisk are bronze crabs seeming to balance the obelisk at the four corners? I will have to dig up the pics and post when time permits.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First I wanted to give a broad thank you to everyone for their detailed and insightful input to this thread. This is why I love this site.

Here are the pics of Cleopatra's Needle I took. Funny I took these in 2005, before I was all into this conspiracy mumbo jumbo, I knew for some reason then that these crabs meant something. We all know that they just don't put things for no reason. What could the crabs signify?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05dcd23d4012.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af2bf048cfcd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3330656cd417.jpg[/atsimg]

Four crabs, originally placed at the corners of the obelisk by the Romans, are now 19th century bronze replicas of the originals. The present crabs were cast at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Two of the original crabs are in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

source

[edit on 26-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes, I've seen those before as well, thanks for including those.

I did not have the pictures uploaded to my ATS Media.

I will work on that because I need to add heaps more pictures.

Originally posted by timewalker
Also I don't know if it means anything, but I used to work in NYC and took a bunch of picks of Cleopatra's Needle and at the base of the obelisk are bronze crabs seeming to balance the obelisk at the four corners? I will have to dig up the pics and post when time permits.

Well, I find that interesting, and I did some digging.

Not saying this is the exact meaning but I found some interesting sites nonetheless.

Hope it helps on your adventure into the arcane of arcana.

The Stone Book PDF : Cleopatra's Needle

Mysticology : Temple of Ancient Art & Science : Symbols

ANCIENT LANDMARKS - XVIII - EGYPTIAN SYMBOLISM AND ANIMAL WORSHIP

I will say this however, that crabs remind me of scarabs, beetles, so their significance might align somewhere with that, but you definitely have my curiosity piqued.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

On July 9, 1755 his unit was ambushed by French and Indian forces. Every officer but him was shot off their horses. The Native Americans specifically targeted all of the officers, but could not hit Washington. They shot his horse out from beneath him, but could not hit him. When the battle was over Washington discovered he had four bullet holes through his jacket, but he was untouched.

He's not the only one in history like that. There are others. If something like that happens, those people have likely been chosen by forces beyond their comprehension for a great task.

This really rings true to me too. I remember when we discussed George Washington's life in grade school I had this exact same feeling. My friends and I even joked at the time that he must of had a forcefield protecting him throughout his life and on his quest to bring revolution to America.

Anyway great thread, I remember watching the "The Empire of The City / The Ring of Power" last year when I joined this site. It is very informative and thought provoking, but I thought it also stretched the facts a lot. It was definitely correct in that the City of London, the Vatican, and D.C. control the world though.

I don't have much to add other than that I agree with most of the material, and that the U.S. is modeled upon Rome and Greece, or even controlled by the same family dynasties as the ancient empires. Keep up the good work, people are paying attention!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Found some interesting things about Cleopatra's Needle.

First about the crabs at the four corners:

Pontius, the architect in charge. He discovered that the monument’s lower angles were badly broken away and would have to be reinforced. The problem was complicated by the need to do so in a manner that would not offend the Egyptians to whom the obelisks were divine symbols. Pontius adroitly solved both problems by casting great bronze crabs with dowels fitting into both the pedestal and the obelisk. As the supports had the shape of a crab, a creature associated in Roman mythology with the worship of Apollo and the sun – and by extension the divinity of the Pharaohs – they were acceptable to the Egyptians. And as each of the crabs weighed 922 pounds they were strong enough to support the obelisk for the 1,880 years that elapsed before Hurlbert of the World visited Ismail Pasha and suggested that it be sent to the United States.

More fun stuff:

The “needle” – a modern term for obelisks apparently deriving from the shape – had its genesis in the 15th century B.C. when Thothmes III dispatched a 120,000-man contingent 600 miles up the Nile to the Aswan quarry with instructions to provide him with a pair of red granite obelisks for the great Temple of Tum.

As was customary, all the quarrying, carving and polishing was done right on location and the finished product – 69 feet 6 inches high and weighing 224 tons – was barged down the Nile to Heliopolis and erected. But first the obelisk was sheathed in electrum – one part silver to four parts gold – so that its facets would catch the sun’s rays and reflect them like a heliograph. It is said that the Pharaoh had his only son lashed to the point, there to remain until the needle was safely in place. His workers knew full well what would befall them should the monument – and the son – fall.

Enter then Caesar Augustus, conqueror of Egypt who, in the year 13 B.C., learned of the desecrated obelisks in Heliopolis and decided that the one with its flanks incised with hieroglyphics might well adorn the waterfront entrance of his Caesarium – a great temple in Alexandria erected to commemorate the Roman conquest of Egypt. What did it matter that the inscriptions attested to the glory of Thothmes III and Rameses II? Neither of these rulers, dead for some 1,500 years, challenged the greatness of the mighty Caesar.

And so, eight to ten years after the death of Cleopatra, the obelisk was re-erected. As Caesar had placed it before the very structure where Cleopatra and Antony were lovers, it became known as “Cleopatra’s” obelisk, despite the fact that she had never seen it and, indeed, may never have heard of it.

Much later in New York City:

While all this was going on, the Brooklyn Navy Yard was casting replicas of the original four bronze crabs and foundation stones aggregating 87 ½ tons were being laid in Central Park – in the exact arrangement and position and with the same orientation to the sun, as in Alexandria. Gorringe also arranged to leave a space between the foundation stones to serve as a time capsule into which he placed lead boxes containing documents, records, obelisk data, coins and medals, the Bible, the works of Shakespeare, a dictionary and samples of various tools in common use. All was in readiness then for the erection and on Jan. 22, 1881 it was swung into place.

Travellersinegypt.org

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That is too wierd that you just made this thread, I agree. Some kind of collective consciousness going on there. Great thread here my friend and very very good information! It really makes me wonder how it all ties together.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wanted to plug these two threads into this one. All started the same week, all have pertinent info to each other.

ProtoplasmicTraveler ~

The Skull & Bones 322 And Why America Celebrated The Passage Of The Healthcare Bill On 3/22

Jackflap ~

The Vatican - Global Domination - The Sun God

[edit on 29-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Things always seem to come back to sun worship and Amun Ra the Egyptian Sun God. Whilst reading Jackflaps thread linked above he pointed out that the Obelisk at St. Peters Square ~ Vatican, come from Heliopolis, as did the two named Cleopatra's Needle in The City of London and New York City.

Heliopolis (Greek: Ἡλίου πόλις or Ἡλιούπολις), meaning sun-city, was one of the most ancient cities of Egypt, and capital of the 13th Lower Egyptian nome.

In ancient times it was the principal seat of sun-worship, thus its name, which means city of the sun in Greek.

The temple of Ra was said to have been, to a special degree, a depository for royal records, and Herodotus states that the priests of Heliopolis were the best informed in matters of history of all the Egyptians. Heliopolis flourished as a seat of learning during the Greek period; the schools of philosophy and astronomy are claimed to have been frequented by Orpheus, Homer,[5] Pythagoras, Plato, Solon, and other Greek philosophers.

St. Peters Square ~ Vatican

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4caf64cf04b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Cleopatra's Needle ~ City of London

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13b8ff39853e.jpg[/atsimg]

Cleopatra's Needle ~ New York City

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05dcd23d4012.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
very interesting thread. It just made me wonder, was new york meant to be a capital at some point? what is the connection with the washington monument?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

Not supposed to be, IT WAS, the first Capital.

During the American Revolutionary War, the area emerged as the theater for a series of crucial battles known as the New York Campaign. After the upper Manhattan Battle of Fort Washington in 1776 the city became the British military and political base of operations in North America, and a haven for Loyalist refugees, until military occupation ended in 1783. A major fire during the occupation led to the destruction of about a quarter of the city. The assembly of the Congress of the Confederation made New York City the national capital shortly after the war: the Constitution of the United States was ratified and in 1789 the first President of the United States, George Washington, was inaugurated; the first United States Congress and the United States Supreme Court each assembled for the first time in 1789, and the United States Bill of Rights drafted, all at Federal Hall on Wall Street.

New York City ~ Wiki

Still trying to find out the link between the three obelisk in D.C., New York and Boston. I just find it very interesting that they fall on a perfect line with each other as I pointed out at the bottom of page 1.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I will say this however, that crabs remind me of scarabs, beetles, so their significance might align somewhere with that, but you definitely have my curiosity piqued.

David Rockefeller has a major thing for beetles. He's been collecting them all his life.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79

David Rockefeller has a major thing for beetles. He's been collecting them all his life.

That would be The Scarab...
The real religion is the old religion of Egypt.. all the rest were based upon that..
The meditative religion of Hermes Trismegistus... compare his (prior art) version of The Apocalypse to the ones you already know of... posted here on ATS LINK to Hermes Trismegistus - The End Days

Originally posted by seataka

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by seataka

The soul and all the beliefs attached to it, according to which the soul is immortal by nature or forsees that it can obtain immortality as I have taught you -- this will be laughed at and thought nonsense. And believe me, it will be considered a capital crime to give onself to the religion of the mind. A new justice will be created and new laws. Nothing holy, nothing pious, nothing worthy of heaven and of the gods who dwell there, will be any more spoken of nor will find credence in the soul.

That was a beautiful read! Thank you. Where did you find that and who wrote it?

This was from Professor Francis A Yates
Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition
University of Chicago Press

It is a 14th century? translation of an ancient Greek document called The Asclepius by an Italian named Ficino

The original author was Thot, AKA Hermes Trismegistus, the High priest of Egypt, this passage was him speaking to his son, and telling his son what shall occur in the future..

Francis Yates translated this passage from Ficino... there is a previous translation of Ficino that was bastardized, altered, and re-tooled to make them into what was later called Satanism via Blavatsky and some intelligence agencies et al. The materials were demonized so that Christians would never look at the originals... and see, that Christianity was, in fact something else, much older, and completely different.. it was the religion of ancient Egypt... I suspect this is why parts of the Vatican Library are closed. Images of Hermes Trismegistus appear on the walls of the Borgias room in the Vatican, with him standing NEXT to Moses.

I Believe The old Egyptian religion became the core belief of the Masons... and our countries founders...who were Deists, kept this secret to avoid Giordano Brunos fate...Bruno was also a Deist. The day of the Boston Tea Party the logbook of the Masonic Temple in Boston reads : Not enough members present for a quorum

Giordano Bruno's sect the Giordanistas... may have become the Rosecrucians.. after Bruno was burned at the stake by the Inquisition.

I cannot recommend Francis Yates book more highly... well there is another I might recommend... but for other reasons.. Guiseppie Mazzini by DENIS MACK SMITH

The data might give those readers willing to slog through the dense writing including the footnotes.... greater courage to walk in truth.. if one walks in truth one can walk through anything in the valley of the shadow of death.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by seataka]

And... the real data about the founding of this nation, we call America, based upon the readings of the native American's Wampum... (Because wampum were valued so highly, wampum was originally described as the money of the American Indians.. Wampum was their way of keeping track of agreements between tribes, histories, momentous events...) are available here www.sidis.net...

Wampums go back to document the landings by the Norse raiders at 1000 BC on the East coast and even go back to hints about Atlantis...

I have read through this up until the Cinciannati Conspiracy of George Washington to topple the First Republic, and replace its flag (the pine tree on a red background) with the Eagle of the 2nd Republic of the Cinncinnati - of the Aristocracy - who founded Washington DC. www.sidis.net...

The truth shall set you free.

In my 1861 Webster's Unabridged the definition of the word APOCALYPSE is "When all Secrets are revealed!"

[edit on 29-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
From my pictures of Cleopatra's Needle in London, taken June 2008... hope this is interesting ...

(...there was some maintenance underway at the time, hence the scaffolding around the base)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by serene

Thanks serene for posting. Very interesting. I was wondering what was at the base of the London one. It is still a bit hard to discern what it is. I see the wings, is that a scarab beetle in the middle?

Also the second link is not working.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Obelisk is a symbol of the microcosm the phallic energy of G-eneration. The Obelisk is the microcosmic ray of sunshine (Solar energy.) Which comes from the Macrocosm known as the Sun. The placement of the Obelisk represents a statement & that statement is surely the Sun shines brightest here.

Skull & Bones 322 is the date of the equinox when the sun is highest in the sky providing 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of nighttime. A perfect equilibrium of astronomical beauty from the Macrocosm known as the Sun. For the Suns energy transmits to the Plants, Water to create mist for rain. Provides warmth for all. It provides a human with vitamin d via exposure to it. Also when a human eats plants or animals we digest it back into Solar energy in our Solar plexus. When the sun gives rest during the night it gives us the ability to process Melatonin also known as the "hormone of darkness." The Holy Royal Arch works around the Sun being at its highest point in the sky.

Oh yes btw, the hidden hand was a feature of some statues of the ancient Greeks. As we see the hidden hand comes from them.

Yep, Greece is divided for administrated purposes into 13 regions. Darkness is the garment of light surely so.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Though I am not well versed in Jewish lore, I understand that the eagle was one of the signs of the Tribe of Dan, one of the LOST tribes of Israel. Also red and white were their colors.

From the description above, this one suits here well. Doesn't it?
What do you guys think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b73ed72e331.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

In the video they they show the flag of D.C.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/958c0a642c01.png[/atsimg]

They say in the video above that the tree stars represent the three city states, The Vatican, City of London, and The District of Columbia. This may be true, but it is also the Washington Family coat of arms.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d590ee32aab.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is another version of it on a stained glass window in Selby Abbey. The abbey was founded in 1069 though the glass is from the 14th century. This Crest is in the abbey paying homage to the Washington ancestors who bore the family crest.

The different versions of the stars called mollets, one has holes in it one does not. The one with holes signifies a Knight. The one without signifies a third son.

Washington's ancestors come from the ancient kingdom of Northumbria in what is now on the borders of England and Scotland. The original Washington land tract of land between the River Tyne and the River Wear considered to be a "Cradle of Christianity" in 1000 a.d. also the first place a book was written in England. From there the English Language and Christianity was spread throughout the world. They say Jesus visited England in his time, could it have been here?

Ancestry UK

My , possible way out there theory, there is speculation that Jesus was actually Caesarion, the son of Julius Caesar and Cleopatra. Julius Casear was son of Gaius Julius Caesar. Making Caeserion the third son with the name Caesar. He was also called the King of Kings. This might explain all the obelisk. Strange too, what do we call a birth not of the normal fashion? Could this be a twisted version of a virgin birth?

You can watch The Ring Of Power documentary for more info on this. It's very long. The Jesus, Caesarion link is in the first part. Each part is 2 1/2 hours long, but is is very interesting and covers many of the topics we discuss here on ATS.

Redicecreations.com

Selby Abbey - Washington ancestry - Holy Roman Empire? Could they been guardians of a secret, predecessors to the Knights Templar, and the builders of the second Roman Empire?

Interesting fact also, George Washington himself picked the site of D.C. on a tract of land that was called Rome, 'Mary'land. He was also born on at a site on Popes Creek in 'Virgin'ia.

Excellent short video and many thought-provoking ideas.

AuranVector

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: timewalker
a reply to: MikeboydUS

I wrote a post a while back concerning the connections between The Holy Roman Empire and the United States. Check it out:

Symbolism of TPTB - On the Development of World Power Structures - Part 2

And this is Part 1 if you want to go in depth:

On the Development of World Power Structures - Part I

The Red and White stripes on the flag of the United States (which comes from the the British East India company flag - pointed out in Buckminster Fullers book Critical Path) as well as used in other countries flags and symbols, I suspect originates from the Holy Roman Empire's symbolism, as does the Great Seal of the United States.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: timewalker

Here is the origin of the flag stripes:

Leopold V (1157 - 1194)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join