It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Soldier Needs a Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just saw this and immediately thought it needed to be posted on ATS, immediately.

I don't know what the guidelines are exactly, but it's not profane or inappropriate, not is it copyrighted. So here it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Many of my friends who served in Nam felt the same way 40 years ago . The Military is what it is , the Servants of those who hold the Political Power over Life and Death ..........Nothing changes I see....

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Wow, Great Star and Flag

I don't think, as he may of hinted when he said "I was the 'real' terrorist", that, that should be hinted as the US Army being terrorist and just ignorance, or may of signed up for it, and later decided that this war isn't something their for.

So I hope not that this video gives a bad name to the people serving the country.

Good video intriguing.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I certainly don't believe the intention was to cast anybody in a bad light other than the culpable and villainous tyrants he speaks of...not himself, the working class or his fellow soldiers, but the tyrants who created the system and captivate us therein. Certainly, this is not to slight soldiers, or at least that's now my interpretation.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can't believe more people aren't intrigued by this!!

Too busy discussing left vs right and 2012?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Very Intrigued, just thought provoking, and a lot of thoughts at that.... give it time, and it will grow....

*** on a side note, Brady Quinn Fan here, no offense....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have to say that I agree with what this young man was portraying.
When I was in Vietnam in 66,67,68, I didn't really question much back
then. I just took orders and didn't really question my superiors.

I came home to a different world in the spring of 1968. I saw the
marching in the streets, the protests and a lot of bad things, but nothing
compared to what I saw, felt and breathed in Nam. I still didn't question
things until much later in my life. I applaud that young man for having the
courage to stand up and speak his mind. My hat's off to him. Thanks for
showing this video. It made me feel what this person was feeling, and
it also made me angry to think about how certain power greedy thugs
have made us all eat war and more war. What a sick freakin' world we
all live in. All of it and everywhere.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Talk about a smart young man. This soldier indeed needed a thread. S+F for bringing this out in the open. People are waking up and in strong force. What an inspiration to hear people waking up right up front of you. Amazing!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I really feels great to watch people wake up, and thanks for your nice comments.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good video, the quote in my sig kinda sums up the terrorist bit. Never been in the military, don't intend to. I don't think these soldiers are fighting for their country, for the defence of it or to preserve it's freedoms. In actual fact the war they are fighting has allowed the enemies within to destroy peoples freedoms. Like i said i have never been in the military, but im guessing they are fighting to keep the guy next to them alive...everything else is just an illusion, smoke and mirrors created by the state and the media.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Dehumanization has been used to convince others to do your dirty work for centuries. A bit about dehumanization from wiki for those who aren't familiar with its historical prominence:

en.wikipedia.org...

Sociologists and historians often view dehumanization as central to some or all types of wars. Governments sometimes present "enemy" civilians or soldiers as less than human so that voters will be more likely to support a war they may otherwise consider mass murder. Dictatorships use the same process to prevent opposition by citizens. Such efforts often depend on preexisting racist, sectarian or otherwise biased beliefs, which governments play upon through various types of media, presenting "enemies" as barbaric, undeserving of rights, and a threat to the nation. Alternately, states sometimes present the enemy government or way of life as barbaric and its citizens as childlike and incapable of managing their own affairs. Such arguments have been used as a pretext for colonialism. The Holocaust of World War II and the Rwandan Genocide have both been cited as atrocities predicated upon government-organized campaigns of dehumanization, while crimes like lynching (especially in the United States) are often thought of as the result of popular bigotry and government apathy. The main cause behind the American mutilation of Japanese war dead has been stated to be dehumanization. Anthropologists Ashley Montagu and Floyd Matson famously wrote that dehumanization might well be considered "the fifth horseman of the apocalypse" because of the inestimable damage it has dealt to society. When people become things, the logic follows, they become dispensable - and any atrocity can be justified. Dehumanization can be seen outside of overtly violent conflicts, as in political debates where opponents are presented as collectively stupid or inherently evil. Such "good-versus-evil" claims help end substantive debate. (See also thought-terminating cliché).

Example of dehumanizing propaganda from WWII, the granddaddy of them all.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
very good video

is the truth

anyone

I mean, ANYONE

who supports wars are stupid and totality slaved

these people, besides their bodies, have their minds are stuck in a box

I wont get into much detail, I just dont want to waste my time discussing with below average IQ ...

thanx for the video

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Sometimes I too find it difficult to express my views on the subject, as anything we say can be so easily misconstrued. I will say however, that not every infantryman is a brilliant mind, and not every officer can lead.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
S & F
I facebooked this vid a while back.. i think everyone else should too.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

what do you mean by that? Share it on facebook or join a facebook group about it? I can't seem to find the progenitor(s) of this video.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sometimes, the most patriotic thing a soldier can do is not fight for his country.

I am sick and tired of people in today's military calling themselves heroes. I am sick and tired of naive people thanking today's soldier for their service to this country. What service have today's soldiers provided other than letting Osama Bin Laden get away, fighting a war in Iraq that has largely been a loosing proposition, and supporting a military-industrial complex that has caused the budget deficit to go out of control

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

what do you mean by that? Share it on facebook or join a facebook group about it? I can't seem to find the progenitor(s) of this video.

I just linked the vid as a status update.. There is another vid on youtube of the full speech by the guy as well, without music and graphics..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

I know what you mean, but Facebook is the last website I would trust with this kind of thing. But I'll do it anyway, we still have freedom of speech.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some of you may want to look into this clown a little more before you make him your "hero."

LINK

Looks to me like he might be stretching things a bit with what all he saw.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Some of you may want to look into this clown a little more before you make him your "hero."

lol.. "hero".
I don't believe in heroes.
Anyone speaking against the grain will always have their detractors and character assassination attempts. Anyone's story will always be subjective. But at the end of the day it's not about the messenger, it's about the message.

I know what you mean, but Facebook is the last website I would trust with this kind of thing.

Yeah, i agree, i'm gonna close my Facebook account soon probably, the idea of everything i say or do on there being the intellectual property of someone else, to do with whatever they like, doesn't really sit right with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join