It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question everyone ignores.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So I keep going into 2012 forums or any forum for that matter. And they when the topic of 2012 comes up, skeptics always have one main excuse.

" There have been so many doomsdays predicted in the past, 2012 is no different"

So my question to you is, can you name a few of these previously predicted doomsdays?

Do not count Y2K because that was never a doomsday scenario, that was a techology failure scenario. Which was a modern day crisis, and was never mentioned by the ancients, nor is it in the bible or in any references in history.

I'd like to find some predicted doomsdays, that had history to back them up. That had more than once source pointing to that day. You all say there are so many of these days, so they shouldn't be hard to find. So post them up, so I can research them! Then we can compare those days to 2012, and once and for all find out if 2012 is really just another predicted doomsday among hundreds that have failed. When you post your doomsday, please leave at least once RELIABLE source. If some kid predicted it, it doesn't count. If an ancient civilization predicted it, awesome! You get the idea.

So debunkers, here is your chance to shine. What have ya got! Bring it on!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It’s the end of the world as we know it, again
alma-geddon.com...

www.2think.org...

www.jehovahs-witness.net... es

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Nostrdamus's book, full of 'em?

I think the Bible may of also had something to say about it as well.

Anyhow, here's a link that explains a few

www.lifepositive.com...

I don't know how to point to it in a reply so if someone wants to do the honours?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wanted to know this too.

It irritates me when people mention Y2K, because that was only ever going to be a computer glitch not an actual natural disaster or spiritual thing.
Not to mention Y2K DID have issues, not every computer was effected but some offices had to close for a while because their computers went screwy because of the 2000 date.

So while people say nothing happened on Y2K, they are wrong, because things did happen just not like they were exaggerated to.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So post them up, so I can research them!

How 'bout you do your own research and get back to us...?

Asking others to do your own ground work is indignant...and boring as well.

*Throws a dog a bone...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i just want to know this, because I have never heard of another major doomsday before. Even history channel talks about 2012 being the end. We have the mayans, and the egyptians, and many other things pointing at 2012. They have been pointing at 2012 since the 80's. 2012 has multiple sources from multiple ancients and modern scence. So if I can find just one other day, with as much pointing at it, I'll believe 2012 to be a complete hoax. Until then, 2012 looks pretty damned real to me.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This biggest question with 2012 is:

How do/did they know the world was going to end as some speculate. Because they knew the solar cycle or something of that nature? Because it had happened in the past? If it happened in the past, then no one would have been around to pass on this information. That leaves only 2 real possibilites. One is that God told them. That doesn't sit well with me, because why would god tell only them and not the rest of the world. The second one is Aliens told them but that's the same as number one. why only them? Everything else is just guessing? Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

It has happened in the past. Some people surivived. They calculated when it would happen again and left huge monuments like stonehenge, the nazca lines, and the pyramids. Under water cities in india, and undewater pyramids in japan prove it has happened before.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by amazing

It has happened in the past. Some people surivived. They calculated when it would happen again and left huge monuments like stonehenge, the nazca lines, and the pyramids. Under water cities in india, and undewater pyramids in japan prove it has happened before.

Well if that's true then we will survive as well or at least a good many of us. Stonehenge and the others are left overs of past civilizations in my opinion but I don't see how that proves that the 2012 catastrophe happened in the past? Not saying it didn't just wondering why you think that? Cheers!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

I have done research and I can't find a credible previously predicted doomsday, but all the skeptics say theres hundreds, so post them up. Then I can research it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

We even have our own monument for when it happens to us. The georgia guidestones.

They are in plain english, that when the majority of us are wiped out, they tell the survivors, to maintain humanity under 500 million in prepetual balance with nature.

So they don't make the same mistakes we made.

Underwater cities, and underwater pyramids. Just look at the nazca lines. We don't even know how these things were built. We know almost nothing about the ancients, yet, we can see their message clearly. And we call them stupid?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There's a reason people ignore this question - it's because if you've been alive more than a few minutes and had any sort of social contact with your fellow beings you'd know that these things come up all the time - like a good dozen or so per year.

Check out Heaven's Gate for starters and come back when you've found out that the only person not in the loop was you.

Don't cry mind - there's nothing wrong with it - but try researching it first prior to posting a thread about it. You'll get a much more lively thread when it shows you've put some effort into it.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by amazing

We even have our own monument for when it happens to us. The georgia guidestones.

They are in plain english, that when the majority of us are wiped out, they tell the survivors, to maintain humanity under 500 million in prepetual balance with nature.

So they don't make the same mistakes we made.

Underwater cities, and underwater pyramids. Just look at the nazca lines. We don't even know how these things were built. We know almost nothing about the ancients, yet, we can see their message clearly. And we call them stupid?

Great reply except for the georgia guide stones. I believe those were just made by a simple man with no more insight into the future than we have.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

No you're not understanding my OP. I know there are dozen predicted by various individuals per year. But how many have been talked about like 2012? How many have so much conspiracy surrounding it? How many have a movie been made about?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Stonehenge is a solar clock which indicates important seasonal dates for agricultural purposes. It is not a countdown clock to doomsday and does not point to 2012.

The Nazca lines are a similar agricultural celestial clock that uses Stars instead of just the sun.

The Pyramids are funeral monuments to kings and also not count down clocks to doomsday.

The Mayans never stated that the world would end on 2012. They state it renews like the spring without any disasters. Your calendar ends on December 31st. Does the world end then???

Underwater cities and pyramids? If it happened before there would be no world left so how does that fit?

Plenty of groups have predicted doom and gloom throughout history and if you bother to look they are easy to find. People give them little credit as they were invariably wrong, so you do not hear about them often, but none the less there are still there to find. My job is not to do your homework for you and you learn better when you do your homework yourself.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The georgia guide stones weigh over 40,000 tonnes, they are 20 feet high, and they cost almost 100 million dollars to build.

The man responsible for building it was named R.C.Christian.

A pesudonym. A fake name. On the stones, it says the stones were sponsored by a group of royal americans.

They are written in 10 different languages, including egyptian heiroyglyphics and ancient greek.

Still think it was a simple man with no idea of the future?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You have your lists.

But the 2012 "prophesy" is a bit different. It is the first one which has come to the forefront since the advent of the internet. There have been such predictions based on just as much nothing for hundreds if not thousands of years. The difference is that now hundreds (thousands?) of web pages are devoted to them and millions (billions?) of people have access to them. There are millions of dollars to be made and a lot of people want in on the action.

And people, being what they are, tend to believe that the more something is repeated, the truer it must be.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by amazing

The georgia guide stones weigh over 40,000 tonnes, they are 20 feet high, and they cost almost 100 million dollars to build.

The man responsible for building it was named R.C.Christian.

A pesudonym. A fake name. On the stones, it says the stones were sponsored by a group of royal americans.

They are written in 10 different languages, including egyptian heiroyglyphics and ancient greek.

Still think it was a simple man with no idea of the future?

It was a simple man with a vision and lots of money. Meaning that bill gates, or hugo chavez, or gearge cloony and some of his friends could accomplish the same thing and put whatever words of wisdom they wanted on them. It doesn't mean it has any special value.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Interesting question... One I have asked myself a few times. I have seen a ton of "prediction" shows on History / Discovery and of course checked out all the "big names" on the internet.

One question I would also ask is "Why do many of these predictions mention 3 World Wars and not 4,5, or 6?" and "Are there prophets that predicted a great WW5 or does it always seem to be 3?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth - rocks!

-Albert Einstein

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join