It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the rebuke of Israel by US and others sincere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Recently, the US rebuked Israel for announcing it would build houses in East Jerusalem while US VP Joe Biden was in Israel trying to jump start peace talks. The UK recently rebuked Israel because Mossad agents used forged British passports while carrying out an assassination in Dubai.

UK "punishes" Israel
Hillary Clinton criticizes Israel

My question is whether this criticism is sincere on the part of the UK and US. Or, are the UK and US trying to distance themselves from Israel knowing that an attack on Iran is imminent?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No. As long as there's as much double citizenships in the federal government, that the US gives Israel whatever new technology they have, protect the Israeli spy rings, connections to 911 and give them billions in aid, it's ALL FAKE.

So don't hold your breath.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its a good point, I have been thinking the same, that these manouvers by the UK and the US are just for show a bit of smoke and mirrors so to speak. Remember the most powerfull lobbies in both countries is the Israel Lobby, we will see how things play out, but it wouldn't be unusual for countries to play these deceptive games, especially with a war with iran on the cards

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Just want to make a correction;

The most powerful lobby group in the United Kingdom, that can influence legislation and put pressure on the House of Commons, is the Catholic Church. Pro-Israeli groups are represented by nearly all parties, but the Catholic Church is the most significant lobby group in the UK.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
NO NO NO.... The capital of Israel is Jerusalem.... All of it.. We won it with our hearts and blood... And we bought it too with money many times over...

Would you allow the Taliban to build on your capital???

I think not...

I could not care what your government says, or any others... It is our capital.. We will build there if we want..

Why dont you come try to take it away from us?

Even though I have just moved from there i will go back anytime to tell you where to go.....

It would be a great pleasure ....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The uk government only doing this to secure the muslim vote for the general election. well thats my opinion anyway

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All smoke and mirrors look how silent the UK gov has been on the Iranian sanctions issue, and now with this rebuke of Israel, If I didn't know better I would say it was blatant electioneering by NuLiebour.. Nothing more or less...

As for the US, well I am sure they are playing games as well..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I totally agree with you. Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel. Israel is not
going anywhere no matter what. All the countries surrounding Israel
can lob all the grenades, rocks and stones, puny little rockets and even
drop the mother of all bombs on Israel and it will not go anywhere. You
can invade Israel with all the boots on the ground you wish, and Israel
will not budge. It is amazing all the talk of destroying Israel and wiping
it off the map, but the truth is, the ones messing with Israel will be the ones destroyed.

In a way, I can't wait to see it happen. Someone please get the show
started. If it is to just shut up hundreds of millions of Jew haters, then
let's get the ball rolling with some pissed off country that wants to
eliminate Israel. What a laugh. What a joke. Never happen folks And they
will survive even without the aid of America.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

In a way, I can't wait to see it happen. Someone please get the show
started. If it is to just shut up hundreds of millions of Jew haters, then
let's get the ball rolling with some pissed off country that wants to
eliminate Israel. What a laugh. What a joke. Never happen folks And they
will survive even without the aid of America.

Yeah right - The ONLY reason you have survived so far is with UK and US assistance - your cocky, loud mouthed attitude will only lead you to ruin.

Despite what you may think, you are NOT gods children - you are in fact war-mongering , paranoid , land stealing fools.

Karma is a bitch and one day it will bite you in the arse.

P.s - I'm not sayin all Israeli's deserve this, but the ones i have met have all been arrogant bastards and i would quite happily turn the other cheek when Iran or another nation gives you the kicking you deserve.

Call me racist, call me what you want - but you are a nation of ungrateful, horrible , cocky, loud mouthed fools

Edit: In fact i'd quite like to see you try and bite the hand that feeds you and see how cocky you all are then

[edit on 23-3-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It is true that the UK and US have given Israel a tremendous amount of
aid over the decades. They don't need it to kick ass on anyone. No one
is going to whip up on Israel. Just keep your eyes open and ears cleaned
out, because one day you will definitely eat your words. Israel will NEVER
lose, no matter what people like you think.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Big words....

The only reason you will 'win' is because you have nukes aimed at various parts of the world, that when your country is crushed - the last coward alive will press the button to assure mutually assured destruction.

The equivalent of the spoiled kid at school breaking all the other kids toys.

Bunch of cowards that you are.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Mr snake:

First off, I am NOT from Israel. I live in the US. I am a Christian by birth
and faith. I am simply stating that ISRAEL is not going anywhere or
will never be defeated. And I don't have a clue as to why you would
call someone a coward. Are you referring to Israel or the USA? Whatever
the case may be, neither one of these countries are cowards. The only
cowards are those who spew venom at both of us, threaten to destroy,
kill, kill, kill, wipe off the map, etc. The country where you are probably
from and won't identify. Just more idle threats and BS. What do you think
of that now, meester snake?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

Mr snake:

Mr Lizard.

First off, I am NOT from Israel. I live in the US. I am a Christian by birth
and faith. I am simply stating that ISRAEL is not going anywhere or
will never be defeated.

Your Christianity is irrelevant. But you make some bold statements that i cannot help but assume ARE somehow backed up by some sort of dogmatic belief.

Are you referring to Israel

Israel

The country where you are probably
from and won't identify. Just more idle threats and BS. What do you think
of that now, meester snake?

I'm from England, may i suggest you actually LOOK at the location below my avatar.

But i'm obviously wasting my time here. Sure whatever you say....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Dude I agree with most things you say on here but at this point im gonna disagree with you... Shame really... Coz if we meet up in future i would really love to buy you a pint!!... Or two.. Or three but you know how THAT goes lol... But you wouldnt find an arrogant Israeli Jew... But a fervent English patriot who has served his country and is probably the only Israeli/Britain in the world with a St George cross tattooed on my shoulder and a west mids black country accent.. Even though I have been just been I talk posh.... Me?... Lol...

Anyway.... Im a bit drunk coz i have scoffed too many pints of banks's but have to say with the help of Google chrome spell checker that you are talking sh*te dude...

We are Israelis... We fought and BOUGHT the land... And I will gladly kick the ass of anyone who
says otherwise...

People who have not lived there can shut up.. It was a desert flee pit before we got there.. The Arabs couldn't wait to sell some of it.. The rest we captured in war... Much like the Falklands... Been there too picking up penguins for the Brits...

Soo come an have a go if you think you are hard enough....

Damn its confusing being me... Lol... Love England... Love Israel...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
grr i've had a bad day and it may be reflecting on my views...

I'll get some sleep and think about it. Maybe i'm judging you all based on the few assholes i've met.

In which case i'm sorry... Tired...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The SOCA report has been seen only by the government...

Miliband has refused to disclose to parliament which Israeli diplomat has been expelled...

He and his top opposition friends kept on repeating Israel was our friend...

A few very interesting questions asked to him by backbenchers have been very unsatisfactorily answered IMO...

So No the the OP question as far as the UK is concerned.

As for the US it's pretty much the same I guess.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well you may have bought the land but you didn't buy the air that comes with it. That's why rockets are raining down on you daily.

Badum dum tsch

Bad humour FTW
:3

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well...as it seems that violence and threatening are the only things you people understand and are good at, we the Europe doing things by freezing israel out...it´s much more efficient in the long run, but you wouldn´t know you are too blind with hate...and thats a shame...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is the rebuke sincere?

Yes I think that it is in both situations. It would seem that slowly the general public and western politician's are starting to view the Middle East without bias.

For a couple of years now (since 911 truth started filtering through government high offices) there's been many outspoken people demanding Israel be held accountable for its actions.

Increasingly the western public wants to work with Muslim nations to make a better world. As this starts to happen people look at the situation with more equality. Iran is an exception here, right or wrong, the media push is strong and focused.

My point is that as these (mostly individuals) speak out against some actions of the Israeli’s; they are trashed amazingly quickly and efficiently by a powerful minority. Slammed as being a Nazi or perhaps an anti-Semite, they are often set on like wild dogs.

People are waking up to this in large numbers. It's not an anti Israel thing, it's not an anti Jewish thing - it's being able to criticise, to point the finger at an injustice and expect a result. Especially from a ‘friend’ and ally.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is the rebuke of Israel by US and others sincere?

When dealing with politicians - its always hard to tell . There is a danger that they attempt to be all things to all people .

===============================================

Don`t you think a two state solution based on the 1967 borders , with E. Jerusalem as the Palestinians capital in exchange for recognition of W. Jerusalem as the Israeli capital , is the way to go in the end . Perhaps a `land swap` by Israel to the Palestinians in exchange for some of the larger settlements .....They could always stay an apply for Palestinian citizenship , though i doubt that would be wildly popular .

I can see how the `right of return` of Palestinians to what is today Israel is impractical and some arrangement would have to be trashed out between the parties.

What are the alternatives ?

Surely you agree the status quo can`t continue .

A Bi-national solution , Israel /West bank/ Gaza comprising a single state with citizenship and equal rights for all inhabitants regardless of ethnicity etc. ?
Serious demographic issues for those wishing to retain a `Jewish` state.

As it stands - the settlements and the annexation of East Jeruselum are considered by the E.U / U.S.A and the International Court of Justice as a violation of international law.

==============================================

I`d appreciate your thoughts on this Yissachar1

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join