It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-doctor kills eight students in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ex-doctor kills eight students in China

au.news.yahoo.com

A former doctor with a history of mental illness has hacked eight children to death with a machete and injured five others at a primary school in southeast China, state media reported.

The attacker was a middle-aged man who allegedly had mental problems and had been dismissed from his job at a community clinic, Xinhua news agency quoted the local government in the city of Nanping as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What a sad event. Violent crimes like this may be rare in China when compared to the western world but when they do 'it', they do 'it' good.
What a sad desperate world we live in. To be able to take such rage out on innocent children
I have notice an increase in violent crime in Australia lately but China has had an increase in school attacks in the last few years, being blamed on mental problems and personal grudges.

au.news.yahoo.com

[edit on 23/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

What a sad event. Violent crimes like this may be rare in China when compared to the western world but when they do 'it', they do 'it' good.
What a sad desperate world we live in. To be able to take such rage out on innocent children
I have notice an increase in violent crime in Australia lately but China has had an increase in school attacks in the last few years, being blamed on mental problems and personal grudges.

au.news.yahoo.com

[edit on 23/3/10 by spearhead]

They probably happen more often in the poorer parts of the country.

But wow, that's just.. disturbing. Thinking of some insane chinese guy, walking around and cutting people apart with a machete.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Poor kids.

I do believe I prefer the good 'ole American method of going nuts and killing lots of people.....guns. Getting hacked up with a machete seems like it would hurt a lot more and take longer.

Edit to clarify, I dont mean I would prefer to do it that way, of course, but if it were to happen to me, I would rather be shot than hacked to death.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's surprising to me that that story even got out. Isn't Communist China supposed to be a paradise, like all other repressive regimes?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Isn't Communist China supposed to be a paradise, like all other repressive regimes?

Yes, which is why people who could stop this but didn't will be shot. They and the attacker were obviously exposed to some corrupting western influence

[edit on 23/3/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

When they do it, it's more visible which is better in a way, unlike in the US where it becomes a serial torture and murder and nobody knows who did it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I call for the nations of the world to come together and in one voice ban the ownership of or at least regulate the ownership of Machetes. Lets do it for the children!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If it had happened in the UK, you can bet your sweet patootie thats exactly what would be going on right now....lol. Those poor people are going to be eating with plastic sporks in a couple more years as metal cutlery goes next...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That is amusing, but i'm sure even a splork could become a deadly weapon in the right hands. I can see it becoming a situation of eating with your left and wiping with your right...

In reality this situation is a more than likely a one off occurence and you could bet your sweet batooty the perp wishes he'd had the guts to do himself before he was nabbed.

They'll shoot him in the knees and say "oops, I missed!", then they'll shoot him in the abdomen and while he squirms around on the floor they'll chime in "hang on! third times a charm!" then 'click'... finally "looks like your in for a slow death, choppy! And let that be a lesson to all you other discruntled unfortunate teachers"...

new topics

top topics

join