It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist/venus-project trying to redesign irish society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i suppose this is a conspiracy of sorts, people conspiring against the status quo or something.

the president of ireland is patronizing an online competition to try to come up with new ideas for how irish society might improve itself, basically, we're buggered and the government will take any ideas that might dig us out.

anyone with an e-mail address ca register to vote or submit a proposal and there are cash prizes offered for the whichever one wins.

i signed up for the zeitgeist newsletter back when the movie first came out and they sent an e-mail today asking for support for their proposal, i thought i might as well, it has to be better that the banks and builders crap we have going now. damned if they aren't the most popular by quite a ways.

at the moment they have 2400 votes compared to the next most popular proposal at 669.

man, i hope this proposal wins, even if just for the screw you element.

[edit on 19/3/10 by pieman]

[edit on 19/3/10 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm moving to Ireland if they start toward a resource based economy. There are flaws with an RBE, the biggest on how to transition, but a move in that direction would be astounding.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

well the irish government seems to have left us in a situation where the taxpayer owns the banks, the development land, the hotels, the apartment blocks and the office blocks while simultaneously being bankrupt and the main employer through direct or indirect means.

the slates been pretty much wiped clean, there's nothing left to lose. the transition might not be as difficult as you'ld imagine.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would be moving there as well.

Dang that sounds exciting! Thanksfor the info here

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
seriously proposing a change to an RBE system to a Westren world nation, is like proposing "Lets all get wings and fly around!"
Wont happen...

BUT IF IT DOES I TAKE THE FIRST FLIGHT OVER!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Count me in! If this were to happen I would relocate to my ancestors homeland in a heartbeat!

I think Ireland would have a hard time keeping everyone out. Can you just imagine the millions upon millions of people wanting to escape their lives of slavery to live in what would be considered paradise on earth?

I have a feeling that even this system would become corrupted and only people with "influence$$" would be getting in. Yes, it would be a system without money, but only for Ireland. The rest of the world would have to continue on as usual, while only the "elite" got to live in paradise!

Can you imagine, (hypothetically speaking) not only do the rich have all the money while the rest of us struggle, but they all move to ireland where it doesn't cost them anything to live???

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If I recall there was also a "New Zealand Project' thingy that was supposed to start a RBE community there.
I guess it failed....

Really hope this one sticks!
But hard to get your hopes up these days on issues such as these.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
Really hope this one sticks!

Some chance of that..

What resource would it be based on? Alcohol? Peat? Wooly jumpers?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Really? That is interesting, I wasn't aware the government has pretty much taken over everything. I just submitted a proposal similar to the RBE which provides a transitional economy until sustainable cities are developed that support an RBE.

top topics

join