It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Happening As Expected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I like many are focused on the little things because it's all we really have. I can be concerned with where our government is taking our country though, even though I am only 29. I work 2 jobs, went to college for 5 years, I pay my taxes, and I have a family. I have a lot that I have worked for and am still working towards, and yeah I will be pissed off if some wanker, better yet many wankers, run our country into a crap hole. My children will be around to deal with this atrocity after I have the great fun of dealing with it through my lifetime. Things are going to get worse, potentially devastatingly worse, and I will be prepared when that time comes.

Don't get me wrong I mean no disrespect and I appreciate your comments as they do show genuine care...but I can't sit back and watch this devastation occur and act blindly so I can get toppled.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm totally with you Doc!

Failed End of the World predictions

"Something big is about to happen, I feel it"

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Events or actions which are "Fluid" in nature are ever changing and as such cannot be counted on to be used as good milestones for anything considered stable or dependable because it will only frustrate you with so many missed deadlines or needed changes that will keep you working it much more than you feel is necessary.

All I can say is that any fluid situation is fluid because it can change, move in ways that are hard to control. Keep that in mind and your frustration level will be lessened.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Envisionimage
These "predictions" have been the same for 1000's of years, and only a few people have, if ever gotten spot on or really close i.e. Edward Cayce...

What about Nostradamus?
What do you think of him?

Also, has anybody wondered if we were never close to the truth? If we were, this place would probably be shut down and we would not be talking on this site. Lots of disinformation to keep us busy and to hide the "real truth".
Just a thought.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

The same will happen in 2012, December will come and go and people in 2013 who believed in the idea will claim it is a year behind because a Mayan slipped with a chisel on the calendar. Or maybe they'll claim that vapour released from one of Jupiters moons has pushed us slightly of course so we actually go around the sun slower than at the time of the Mayans or, well you see the point. They will make up completely baseless, even insane stuff to protect their ideas.

I think the reason people now believe in this 2012 stuff and Nibiru is because they want the world to end/change. They are tired of the corruption and problems and they think a wiping of the slate would be good so they can start again. Others think aliens will arrive and fix everything, others still think we'll ascend to a higher plane (again fixing things).

I think it's about desperation and the hopeless and powerless feelings these people share.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by DocEmrick

The same will happen in 2012, December will come and go and people in 2013 who believed in the idea will claim it is a year behind because a Mayan slipped with a chisel on the calendar.

No, they will think 2112 would be the new date if 2012 fails.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by Envisionimage
These "predictions" have been the same for 1000's of years, and only a few people have, if ever gotten spot on or really close i.e. Edward Cayce...

What about Nostradamus?
What do you think of him?

Also, has anybody wondered if we were never close to the truth? If we were, this place would probably be shut down and we would not be talking on this site. Lots of disinformation to keep us busy and to hide the "real truth".
Just a thought.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Well I said spot on or CLOSE, using Caycee as my example he has also been wrong many times, but his abilities are no doubt far ahead of let's just say Mrs. Cleo =)

Keep in mind all of this alternate theory stuff is still new to me so I take no criticism if I'm wrong and corrected by people I hope have done a lot more research then I have... But I have done a lot in the last 4 years since it's ALL started to interest me! Hence me joining ATS last week....

As for Nostradamus, I'm not sure what to think, First his books were scattered (On purpose they claim) so there is no discernible order in which to read his quatrains, how convenient... Also his quatrains are written SO obscurely it's easy to take one and try to match it with something that COULD be relevant, really the only one of his "prophecy's" that has stood out to me would be the supposed Hitler prophecy...

-Beasts ferocious with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battlefield will be against Hister.
Into a cage of iron will the great one be drawn,
When the child of Germany observes nothing.

But even this could be due to improper translation or it could merely be a coincidence...

Regardless, I feel we all have the ability to see events that may take place in the future (Hence De' Javu). I also feel that our future is not written in stone and we have the free will to change our present to affect our future. So maybe Caycee was right about all of his predictions but something in the timeline changed therefore making some of his prophecies null and void...?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Envisionimage]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi everybody... I've been listening to this stuff for almost 20 years. I remember Reagan was the anti-christ, Bush1 was the anti-christ, Clinton was the anti-christ. I remember that Clinton was coming for my guns, ...that Y2K was a contrived crisis to allow tha NWO/Illuminati to take over. I remember when TWA 800 went down.

I remember that the EU was the revived Roman Empire and the return of Christ was imminent for 1993-94-95-96-97-so on. Did we go to the moon? Was there really a face on Mars? That the Savings and Loan collapse was a harbinger of the coming depression. That the .com bubble was a harbinger of the coming depression. Now, because of simple and stupid financial decisions, we may be on the verge of another depression.

No matter... it was after Y2K that I decided not to put any faith in this stuff anymore. A hobby...yes, like football or racing. A lifestyle...NO. I stopped living in fear or paranoia...I decided to enjoy life. The last 10 years have been wonderful. Yes, there have been challenges, but nothing that me, my wife, and God can't handle.

My advice: Look for the worst, hope for the best, live everyday like there is no tommorrow, and love your fellow man...and woman.... and their dog or cat...even their hamster if they have one... we have a parrot, but not everybody does.... so..........ok, bye.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join