It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel conducts airstrikes on Gaza targets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Israel conducts airstrikes on Gaza targets

news.blogs.cnn.com

The Israeli military conducted airstrikes on six sites in Gaza Strip Thursday night in an action it called retaliation for attacks by Palestinian militants.

"The strike comes in response to the deadly rocket firing toward Israel over the past 24 hours, which resulted in the death of a foreign national in Netiv Ha'asara earlier today," Israel Defense Forces said in a statement.

The statement was referring to a worker from Thailand who was killed when a rocket fired from Gaza landed inside southern Israel.

Five tunnels used for smuggling and terror activities and a weapons manufactur
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The photos showed many of the palestinian "militants" being detained by undercover cops, so they got at least some of the so called criminals. Now they are attacking six different sites, in 'retaliation.' Shouldn't the only justified airstrike be to question those who participated in a crime, and capture the conspirators, since Bin Laden is running the criminal conspiracy, right guys? Don't you think an airstrike just screams race war? Why wouldn't they at least go in and capture people they think were wrong, and I'll tell you why. Because in Israel, they consider the land Israel, not Palestine, they claim that Palestine does not exist. Well so these are not Palestinians but technically Israelis, meaning they are enemies of the state. So they are openly bombing their own people, yet under the disguise of a religious war, in which they blame the Muslims. Now, the Muslims weren't responsible for the US/Israel hostile relations, the Muslims are also not responsible for Ahmedinejad's non nuclear arsenal, the Muslims are only responsible for encouraging their people not to undertake suicide bombings, many of which are staged like 9/11.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They could of at least raided the weapons manufacturing site, rather than bomb potentially innocent people. It's not like they've never hit children before.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

They could of at least raided the weapons manufacturing site, rather than bomb potentially innocent people. It's not like they've never hit children before.

And what exactly was bombed in those 6 sites? Ice cream factories??? As for going in and arresting those responsible - well, you clearly want another war in Gaza, because this is what sending ground forces deep into Gaza means.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I see that most dangerous business in world these days is running a metal workshop in Gaza

( By Palestinian sources )

"Fixing neighbors car today in Gaza, will get you missiled by IAF tomorrow!"

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
filosophia-

Guess they shouldn't have sent a rocket into Israel.

Now they will have to endure a few days of bombings.

Oh and speaking of your hypothetical innocent people, you do realize that Gaza did kill an innocent man with their attack, right?

So we do know that Gaza has killed one innocent and you are ignoring that so that you can count, so far, fictional innocent lives lost.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I don't think ice cream factories could survive without electricity... They are slowly leveling the area bit by bit and not letting them rebuild... The air strikes are the new bulldozers of the decade...

Why use a bulldozer on 1 building when you can just bomb the whole area in 1 shot? and hey, you even eliminate the people inside the homes so that they won't get angry and retaliate... Great final solution Usrael...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berserker01
filosophia-

Guess they shouldn't have sent a rocket into Israel.

Now they will have to endure a few days of bombings.

Oh and speaking of your hypothetical innocent people, you do realize that Gaza did kill an innocent man with their attack, right?

So we do know that Gaza has killed one innocent and you are ignoring that so that you can count, so far, fictional innocent lives lost.

Sure... 14 killed Israelis justifies 1000 Palestinian deaths (the last conflict) because Israelis are "the chosen ones" to kill, and commit genocide on anyone they choose and have the world on their side...

Magnum

Stats
More Stats

[edit on 10/3/19 by Magnum007]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Why not exaggerate and exaggerate if there is enough electricity. Ice cream factories cannot survive if leadership of area where ice cream factories are declares that it will choose death over life. Dead do not consume ice cream but investing in producing rockets goes along with this ideology.
Hey, there is enough electricity to make rockets, i guess. As for letting rebuilt - i have no problem with rebuilding ice cream factories, i think only few in Israel would consider this a negative thing. But strangely only thing Gaza produces are rockets. And this factories are rebuilt. Weird.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Should we also count the death toll in Dersert Storm when talking about the Iraqi war? If you do that then some of these outrageous numbers people are throwing around kind of makes sense.

We are talking about this recent attack, not attacks that happened a year ago junior. You know, the attacks commited by Gaza militants.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Berserker01

Oh and I guess those in Israel are all innocent too right? And One guesses they have never killed innocent men, women and children either right. Oh and I guess they are not guilty of forcing palestinian people out of thier own homes, to make way for Israely settilers to build thier homes either eh.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The point of my post is to ask the question is retaliation justified for the uprising this week? If this happened in America, the SWAT team would take out those who are dangerous, and the IRS would get the weapons manufacturers sooner than the SWAT team, but in Israel they use air strikes. If Israel wants to be a State, I say they at least play fair and not bomb their own citizens.

Israel considers Jerusalem to be their capital, so they see it as not doing any harm to build 1600 new homes on their capital, they ask how the United States would respond if Israel told them they could not build 1600 homes in Washington, D.C. And the gaza strip is considered its own government, so it would be like they are attacking the palestine government?

Okay, I see now where they wouldn't use ground troops, but air strikes? Why not missile defense. This is only going to cause further retaliation from Palestine. So answer this question, is Palestine its own government or not? Hamas is called a terrorist government, but it's not technically considered Israel, right?

[edit on 19-3-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Why not exaggerate and exaggerate if there is enough electricity. Ice cream factories cannot survive if leadership of area where ice cream factories are declares that it will choose death over life. Dead do not consume ice cream but investing in producing rockets goes along with this ideology.
Hey, there is enough electricity to make rockets, i guess. As for letting rebuilt - i have no problem with rebuilding ice cream factories, i think only few in Israel would consider this a negative thing. But strangely only thing Gaza produces are rockets. And this factories are rebuilt. Weird.

Gaza only produces rockets? Can you prove that?

If Israel was the minority and you were Israeli, what would you do? What would you do if the Palestinians erected walls around you, cut fuel for electricity, refused food and water to enter your "ghetto", destroyed the only home you ever knew and put Palestinians in there, and also bombed the heck out of you when they please? Wouldn't you retaliate and try everything you could to make them leave? Wouldn't you want to fight until death to protect your people, your religion, your land?

Take your head out of the desert sand and put yourself in their shoes for a while.

Magnum

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Read my above post.

I don't feel like repeating myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Thats not how you win a conflict.

You are going to get into a fight and you know the guy is bringing a knife, then you bring a gun.

A person wants to use a rocket against you then you turn around and use fighters.

This isn't a highschool parking lot fight, there isn't anything fair about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here in the US, when a Mexican National kills a US citizen we do not send military airstrikes to level Mexico. On the other side of the world when a Palestinian touches an Israeli it normally means death for the Palestinian. Quite literally. When the radical Palestinians go on the offensive over the death of their loved ones Israel sends in their military to level a nation over the crimes committed by an individual. It looks like a gross over reaction from where I sit.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

So what you are saying is that we are to leniant on murederous illegals?

I happen to agree 100%

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Gaza only produces rockets? Can you prove that?

Thats the only thing its exports. And while you and me are both aware that there are shortages with almost everything in Gaza, they do have tens of thousands of rockets that they just "share" with us.
And the funny thing is that there was no blockade and there were airport and seaport in Gaza , and there were textile products from Gaza in Israel. Until someone had a funny notion that it would be good idea to launch rockets at Israel.
So spare me lectures about all this, i was in Gaza more then decade ago and it was a normal place.
Check it out, this is what Gaza looks like:
www.panoramio.com...
And it was all like that and there was no shortage nor blockade. If you think that any nation will agree to be bombarded and not act, you are mistaken. So simple people are those who pay the cost, and it is a shame. But that's how it is when rockets are flying around.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Define whom is illegal. As far I am concerned it is the Israeles whom are the Illegal people on Land, which does not belong to them. But you continue to shove your head in the sand. While the rest of us know exactly what Israel is doing. Funny how history repeats itself. They are repeating what the Germans done to them during world war 2.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Oh and I guess those in Israel are all innocent too right? And One guesses they have never killed innocent men, women and children either right. Oh and I guess they are not guilty of forcing palestinian people out of thier own homes, to make way for Israely settilers to build thier homes either eh.

Obviously not everyone is innocent.
But not all is guilty.
Take that into consideration.
Major part of 16-20 yr olds are really waking up and refusing military service in order to force the goverment into peace.

Not everyone has blood on their hands / Hate in their hearts.

You all ignore a simple fact:
America & England, sends soldiers to fight, kill, destroy other nations just as Israel does.
The fact that the media chooses to bash Israel at every oppertunity, does not mean I and my fellow like-minded country men agree with the murder of innocents.

But in some cases I agree with Israel's retaliation strikes.
Should we just keep quite when rockets hit? even if they dont kill... It is more of a moral weapon, and people who get bombarded daily are scared out of their minds.

I believe both nations, Israel and Palestine, should co-exist peacefully.
The only thing preventing that is the same reason that prevents your nations from being peacefull ones.

Agendas of the Illuminated ones who controll us.

Keep in mind that all humans should be brethrens, what keeps us apart is politics and media who makes us think we should hate each other.

Please dont blame entire nations for some things that a few wicked man caused.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

If you think that any nation will agree to be bombarded and not act, you are mistaken.

Does this mean Palestine is justified when they are attacked? You see, this is why this war has lasted a 1000 years. They are both wrong to attack each other, especially since they both profess a religion of peace. Under the same God no less. Geez, you can't make this stuff up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join