It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March Madness Begins!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How is everyone's bracket doing???
So far 8 games are done and I'm 8 for 8 I am the luckiest person alive today.

I'm wondering if anyone else saw the buzzer beater from Murray State vs Vanderbilt, that was sick.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have never done a bracket before this year for some reason. Just never did one. I figure what the hell, so I threw one into the Around The Horn division of ESPN. Thought it would be cool to go against those guys.

I'm doing better than all of them, which is not so surprising since we know they all stunk it up last year as they all were in the lower half. I'm at 84 percent as I took Georgetown to win three games and the blew it to Ohio?!?! I also picked my hometown UNLV Runnin' Rebels and they blew it. That doesn't hurt my bracket much as I had them outty like Curt Gowdy against Kansas in the second round.

I also got burned by ODU, Wake Forest and Vandy. Not too bad, I might say. At least I'm doing better than the sportswriters except Blackistone who I am tied with. I'm doing pretty good, I'm only in about 7,00th place LOL!

Yeah, that Murray State shot was sick.

I have Louisville and West Virginia going to the Final Four with Syracuse and Kansas in the other bracket. I may have lost it with Louisville, as they will have to play Duke, but I cannot in good conscience give any dap to Duke. I hate them with a fiery passion over what happened in 1991.

No, I don't harbor grudges, what makes you think that? Even though we blasted the hell out of them the year before to win it all( my oh my that was probably the craziest night of my life) - by thirty points, a record, nonetheless, but I cannot think that Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner beat the awesome team we had back then. I will never believe it, no matter how long I live.

I actually think the refs were bought off to make us lose. I've watched it a number of times and the fouls given in that game were ridiculous. The NCAA wanted Tarkanian out so badly that I do believe that game was rigged.

Sorry, rambled a bit there. I got Syracuse winning the whole shebang and probably screwed myself with that pick as they are missing what's his name. Who knows when he will play.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nice I have Kentucky winning in the finals against Kansas, with Ohio State and West Virginia in the Final Four...

Yeah Georgetown was the first game I got wrong but I had them losing to Kentucky in the second round anyways so it wasnt that bad.

But then I got Texas wrong in a 1 point OT game against Wake Forest.

And then Cornell ran over Temple who I had in the Sweet 16.

Then Siena lost who I also had in the Sweet 16.

And Utah State just lost who I thought would upset Texas A&M.

But all in all im still doing well 19 out of 24 still in the lead in all my groups.

Last night I was ranked like 180 at one point but now I've fallen to 26,807. Still 98 percentile.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Frakking Louisville, I had them going to the championship game( my hatred of Duke really, really screwed me) and losing to Syracuse. I do expect much better from a Pitino coached team.

I wonder if I would have done better if I had watched more college hoops this season. I did pick a lot of teams by name as I just didn't pay attention this year for some reason. I spent too much time with my Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel marathon where I should have watched some games.

Wang Tang, I didn't have any faith in Ohio St. so I had them getting bounced by Georgetown. Looks like I really blew that one, also. It's official, I suck. No two ways around it.

Looking at the bracket, Syracuse has to beat Gonzaga, a good program, then Butler, another good team then most likely Kansas St. and if they don't get what's his name back(a little help here LOL) that might be difficult and would totally kill my bracket, or what's left of it.

Oh well, it's all in fun as there is no money riding on it. Luckily I don't gamble anymore, especially on sports as I don't like losing my money( I suck, remember?).

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I watch the tournament every year. Murray St. was a good game for sure. Lots of upsets this year so far.

Love March Madness. Way better than the boring NBA.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

hahahaha Lousville in the finals that is kind of funny. For me at least, maybe not for you since they lost.

Well I don't know about you but each year I do a bracket my bracket gets better and better. I guess I just learn to be less biased towards the teams I like and more biased towards the teams I don't like.

But again I picked Ohio State to go to the finals because I like them, and I picked Duke to lose in the Elite 8 because I don't like them, so we will see how my bracket does later in the tournament when my biases kicked in.

First round I just went with my gut instincts and it went really well. I had 2 brackets, and in my second bracket I changed two of my first round picks because I re-thought the games, and I got those both wrong. So I guess the trick is to just not think about your picks too much and you will do well.

join