It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Size Comparison HD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Star Size Comparison HD

Although a thread was probably created on this already, but i couldn't help posting this. Those stars are huge! How can something exist out there with that kind of mass without becoming a black hole?

With the amount of stars and galaxies, there has to be SOME sort of life out there.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That music reminds me of a Tim Burton movie or something. I've seen different versions of this star size theme, but never this particular one. I really loved the zoom in to the largest known star, and the airplane analogy. That is just mind blowing.

Reminds me of the movie "Contact" : If there really is no other life out there, seems like an awful waste of space!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've seen the pictures before but never the 3D representation like this. To me, it never gets old. Whenever I get too bogged down with the problem of Earth, I need only to see the size comparison again to shut me up, haha.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

yea, watching videos like these, and able to kind of wrap your mind on how big things are in the universe can ground you.

we can barely wrap our minds around how big one star is, let alone the universe. its infinite, but we cannot commit to infinity because were limited to finite spaces of our reality.

Its still nice to see how small we are in this universe. Makes your life seem insignificant compared to the universe.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Cool post I have seen this before and loved it. To truly understand the size of things in our universe is unbelievable. Now if you look at those things all the way down to sub atomic particles and down to the Planck length it is truly fascinating. Good Post.

Pred...

top topics

join