It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Treasurer: Dems healthcare plan will 'bankrupt the country in four years'...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Massachusetts Treasurer: Dems healthcare plan will 'bankrupt the country in four years'...

www.bostonherald.com

“If President Obama and the Democrats repeat the mistakes of the health insurance mandate on a national level, they will bankrupt this country within four years,” Cahill said. “It is time for the President and the Democratic leadership to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new plan that does not threaten to wipe out the American economy.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bostonherald.com

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Treasurer Tim Cahill ripped Gov. Deval Patrick and President Obama this morning for health care initiatives that the independent gubernatorial hopeful alleged will “bankrupt the country in four years.”

Pretty strong words from the Treasurer of the only state in the union with a state socialized medical plan. Mr. Cahill is certainly in a position to understand the Massachusetts plan and the implication of the entire country going to a socialized plan!

His words seem to describe Obama/ Pelosi/ Reid! “spent like we’re in a booming economy at a time when we’re experiencing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.”

www.bostonherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Quite amazing considering the source. I figured it was a Limbaugh article or something lol. Maybe this will wake them up. I have my doubts though.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I thought the usa was already bankrupt? Now its 4 years away?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not that I'm in any way defending or attacking the dems but as he makes this claim, has he or anyone for that matter actually read through all 2000+ pages of the bill? However,i remember the last time a couple thousand page bill that no one bothered to read was pushed through Congress we got the original Patriot Act. Just saying.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The U.S. has never been bankrupt.

There's two charts that they have.

One is the chart that says we are trillions of dollars in debt, raise the taxes, foreclose homes, etc.

The other chart is the BILLIONS of profit that they are making while everyone else focuses on the first fake manipulated chart.

Goldman Sachs made RECORD profits.

Other major banks made RECORD profits from overdraft fees ($28 Billion + from 5 banks)

Cell phone companies made RECORD profits from text messages and videos.

In the Forbes 2010 Billionaire list:

1,011 billionaires are included with a combined networth of approximately US $3.56 Trillion.

If 1,011 people have a networth of $3.56 TRILLION Dollars, imagine what a country with over 300 million people has...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Both parties don't have anything to gloat about. Both parties have played a role in leading this nation into ruin. While the Democrats plan to bankrupt the country is projected for such a health care bill that no one wants, we have to ask ourselves whether this revelation of bankrupting the nation is intentional or the proud work of imbeciles.

I could stand it, although I wouldn't be happy about it, if this were the work of the Obama Circus of Imbeciles, but something in my gut tells me this is an intentionally planned collective Globalist, Lucifer, Lord of Darkness NWO effort to destroy America that is coming together right before our very eyes.

Bankrupt the USA, the banks get rich, we get taken and get robbed, anyone putting up a fight is killed as a terrorist or what they now call a belligerent.

Can you believe that, a belligerent, most the people that are willing to shoot you and kill you to keep you down like dogs cant even spell GED let alone spell belligerent. Besides you don't need to spell when you carry guns and lots of bullets and wear lots and lots of black on black attire. Hell, I'm sure they even practice in the mirror at home their most favorite command: "Put your hands on your head MFO and drop to your knees...and do it NOW..MFO or I'll blow your Birdbrains all over that wall! " Do it NOW! Anyway, let me get back on track.

Once the dollar is worth nothing/zero value and when the USA is competitively bankrupt, there will be no more way to pay for food. We will have transitioned into the Twilight Zone and I for one don't want to play in a world where there is no cash, nothing but pain and misery and the makings of chaos and anarchy on a daily basis. Hunger, Starvation, death and misery would become our daily curse.

Hunger, chaos and civil unrest is the bastard demon child of a bankrupt nation. Let's hope the imbeciles are at work instead of the NWO because even though its the lesser of two evils, imbeciles I could get over, Globalist corrupt politicians are another matter. They want to kill everyone and the moment they think they can get away with it, they will make that push for the World Government that they say doesn't exist but which they announce all the time we must move towards for the sake of the planet and mother earth.

While its good to see that those in Massachusetts can discern the grave condition they project for the USA and our fiscal demise, but then again I really didn't need to be reminded of what I already suspected. Right now I feel like I'm waiting for the shoe to drop over the US FED dollar and that has me on edge. Mississippi Queen, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

The U.S. has never been bankrupt.

When you think bankrupt think of a country like Greece! It has so many social mandates built into the system the strikes go on while the country is literally sinking financially. Then there are the other PIIGS! (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain).

We are heading into an era of poor economics with decreasing work force and the Baby Boomer's (already spent) Social Security coming due! Many are retiring this year, BTW.

What Barack and the Dems are trying to do is ram through another huge social mandate while we still have the ability to borrow money. Then when the SHTF starts millions more will be permanently on the dole and will demand their little piece of the pie. And, the Dems think those people will vote Democratic.

This era goes through the next 10 to 15 years and will be particularly bad for the X and Y generation as they try to support the Baby Boomer bubble in their retirement. Hopefully they won't have a huge mandate in the form of health care also as that would be double whammy!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

CBO: Huge deficits to average $1 trillion per year over the next decade

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said President Barack Obama's budget would lead to annual deficits averaging nearly $1 trillion for the next decade. The estimates are for larger deficits than the budget shortfalls expected by the White House.

Annual deficits under Obama’s budget plan would be about $976 billion from 2011 through 2020, according to a CBO analysis of Obama's plan released Friday.

Not only will spending continue to soar under Obama but tax income will be down according to CBO:

CBO expects fewer tax revenues largely because it expects less economic growth than the White House over the next decade.

Can anyone honestly argue that Obama and Obamacare will not bankrupt America?

[edit on 18/3/10 by plumranch]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Seeing that he is running for Governor, I can't help but wonder about how sincere he is.

Anyway, there is cause for alarm. Entitlements are out of hand and only going to get worse. Medicaid, Medicare, and social security are headed toward problems, our debt is soaring. I find it hard to believe that taxes and fines will pay for this healthcare as well as the rest of the entitlements.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It would make since for states to regulate their own health care like Massachusetts and Hawaii and the federal government needs to stay out of health care for the most part.

Health care in America will continue to fail if the industry keeps on being treated like a business where the bottom line is the goal.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It's called political bullcrap. Cahill, serving as a wannabe independent (sort of like Lieberman, where "independent" just means "Republican that jewish people will vote for") under a Republican, has a vested interest in slinging this slobber far and wide.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would have to say America is already Bankrupt. When the Dollar hits bottom with in the next 6-18 months that's when all chaos will break out. Gold of course will stay steady right now but slowly rise over the next few months. Expect to see gold soon at $1160, the oil prices are slowly rising and hovering right around $80+ which is weakening the dollar. The higher oil goes the lower the dollar will fall. After the Euro crash which looks like it's going to play out over the next year America will crash soon after. Of course this may happen at more of a rapid pace it's hard to tell. Hyperinflation U.S. much like Zimbabwe. Stock markets will drop but eventually gain on the dollar bottoming out. We citizens don't know what this global currency will look like but I'm sure someone has designs out there. One world bank, one world government. Expect nothing but chaos over the next few years. Even reported in Moody's AAA financial report. Drastic measures Will test social cohesion...it's at the bottom of the article.
Check it out on google..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
IMHO, 4 years is too optimistic. Even without this boondoggle health care plan, the US cannot continue to service the debt it is racking up.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I find it hard to believe that taxes and fines will pay for this healthcare as well as the rest of the entitlements.

The strategy is to ignore the consequences, ram through any legislation they can and deal with the consequences later! The slam, bam, thank you Mam approach. No wonder the bill has such a low approval rating!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
IMHO, 4 years is too optimistic. Even without this boondoggle health care plan, the US cannot continue to service the debt it is racking up.

I am inclined to agree.

These would-be business "geniuses" have theorized about innumerable revenue channels all based upon presumed market performance. Further, they all assume that they will have the dedicated support from the supranational bank cartel and her front office at the Fed.

Not one of them can predict how the Fed will manipulate inflation or what new and creative vehicles for revenue suction they will inject into the transnational banking ponzi scheme.

One might think that the incredibly arrogant and flagrant notion proffered by them to eliminate ALL fractional reserve requirements would be a dead give-away regarding the amount of 'security' they place in the national edifice.

This particular celebrity politican is just capitalizing on the fact that our absurdly stupid representatives are utterly clueless regarding the nature of monetary systems and economic principles in general.

They probably think it's all good as long as their kids are covered.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What utter nonsense. On one side of their mouths, when it suits, folks insist This Great Nation (of ours)™ is already bankrupt but at the same time it is going to be bankrupt, when it comes to anything Obama.

Lalalalala...I don't hear you. Y'all talk B.S. and have no clue what's really happening. It would be easier if people would just admit they don't know a damned thing about anything.

Me? I don't know a damned thing about anything and I'm comfortable with that.

Edit: Ignore this post. Mess it, ignore me. Yes, use the that button down there; it's there for a reason.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

What utter nonsense. On one side of their mouths, when it suits, folks insist This Great Nation (of ours)™ is already bankrupt but at the same time it is going to be bankrupt, when it comes to anything Obama.

No offense, but speak for yourself. I study, watch the markets, read all I can, studied university economics and pay attention to the people in a position to know. Plus I remember history like a lot of other people.

Eg. CNBC, the money channel, took a poll of its listeners today and found 75% were against this legislation! These are people who are serious about their economic future and have a stake it the future.

[edit on 19/3/10 by plumranch]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It's called political bullcrap. Cahill, serving as a wannabe independent (sort of like Lieberman, where "independent" just means "Republican that jewish people will vote for") under a Republican, has a vested interest in slinging this slobber far and wide.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same things about your posts. You always come running to the defense of Obama, no matter where the criticism comes from. Almost like a paid shill. Or a shill.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
No offense, but speak for yourself.

No offense is possible, and I am of course.

I study, watch the markets, read all I can, studied university economics and pay attention to the people in a position to know. Plus I remember history like a lot of other people.

I study too. It's a jungle. Not believing it all is the machete.

Eg. CNBC, the money channel, took a poll of its listeners today and found 75% were against this legislation!

Not sure I buy the accuracy of a phone-in poll, they cannot really get a true representative sample, and the noisy birds will sure flood the lines at the head of the list, pushing others out of the opportunity to respond.

More reliable information isn't nearly so skewed towards opposition:
Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

RCP Average 3/3 - 3/17 -- 40.4, 49.1, Against/Oppose +8.7

These are people who are serious about their economic future and have a stake it the future.

Yeah economics, it's all about that in't it?

But in all fairness, that includes people who disagree with you. This sounds as though anyone with a different opinion has no regard for themselves, their economic situation or those in their charge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join