It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia in Total Panic after Russian Invasion war hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
New Primetime Panic Spoof report sparks fear and protests in Georgia. Amazing

It seems that one Georgian television station may have made a serious error in judgment in its search for ratings. As part of a new talkshow, it broadcast a fake report, saying that Russian tanks had entered the capital and that President Mikheil Saakashvili had been killed. All somewhat believable, bearing in mind the history of animosity between Russia and Georgia.
www.youtube.com...

www.thesun.co.uk...

Seems like there is a lot of tension in Georgia at the momment.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There were reports of people preparing to take up arms and clearing food off shelves amongst total panic.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

The ‘news’ of the ‘invasion’ spread like wildfire – I heard when my neighbour, in a state of distress, knocked on my door to tell me about it, someone else saw people on street begin to run in panic, the mobile phone networks crashed as everyone tried to contact friends and family. The emergency services reported a peak in calls from people who’d suffered heart attacks.

One Georgian friend whose parents live in Gori, the city worst hit by the 2008 war and located near the de facto border with South Ossetia, said she and her brother frantically tried to work out how to gather enough money to get their parents out of the city by taxi – presuming taxis would already be charging rack rates to go in and out of Gori, as they did during the real war.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
sorry I did a search and nothing came up thought I couldn't have been the first thread please close and visit this thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

join