It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit of Federal Reserve inches closer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Audit of Federal Reserve inches closer

www.wnd.com

A proposal on which U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, has been working for much of the last decade is getting close to reality: an audit-the-Federal Reserve requirement that has been approved in the U.S. House and is pending in the Senate as an amendment to a piece of financial reform legislation.

The plan....would provide for "an audit of all actions taken by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks during the current economic crisis…"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thenewamerican.com www.wnd.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
H.R. 2755: Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act
You don't own yourself -- the Federal Reserve does!
Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion
8th Circuit Court of Appeals Admits Federal Reserve is Privately Owned

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It provides for a report from the Comptroller General of the U.S. to issue a report on the audit to Congress "and make such report available to the public."

The bills are HR 1207, and a senate version, S 604.

More here

The actual bill at Thomag.loc.gov is HERE

And though it has been gutted, as expected, it still holds actions worth doing.

Anything to get the Federal Reserve to disclose more information to Congress and the public, is a go in my book!

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Mon Mar 15th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
well if its gutted and does pass, its cause the banks let it pass...

2nd line

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
well if its gutted and does pass, its cause the banks let it pass...

Exactly, you will never be able to legislate the federal reserve to do anything unless they allow it. This bill only means a review of what the FED does 6 months after they do it!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Yeah, I am not so happy with that part either, but you gotta admit, 6 months is better than NEVER!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Eat an elephant one piece at a time. Ron Paul, the only politician I like. In fact, I won't even degrade him using the term politician, I'll call him a human standard from now on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You watch...they will use a "special review board" from the IRS to audit the FED

I'll put 100 sheckyls on it

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not much better, that is more than enough time to delete any records they don't want to give out and change whatever they want. Don't forget they could just say we can't give you records for national security if it had to do with war or something like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
BFD!!!
This is another circus event so that they have fodder to propagandize on television. It means nothing, does nothing and accomplishes nothing. The politicians will tote this out and claim that they are working hard to "Fix" the system. The reality is that system is "Fixed", as in RIGGED", and save a very small number, the politiicans simply lack the backbone to do the right thing.

In the meantime, bubba can feel good that his government is working hard to look out for him - now get back to the Pabst, grab a slice of Domino's pizza and settle in for another exciting night of American Idol!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Not much better, that is more than enough time to delete any records they don't want to give out and change whatever they want. Don't forget they could just say we can't give you records for national security if it had to do with war or something like that.

Yeah, well speaking of deleting records, you may be more correct about that than you could ever guess. And don't take it from me- take it from Richard Grove-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Hey, I thought I was skeptical, but you take the cake! Come on now kozmo, this is better than nothing, and you can't exactly throw Ron Paul in with the rest of them- at least not on most counts. If this country would do only half of what Ron Paul suggests, we might actually get some respect back as Americans. Cause right now, there is little of it from the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It only takes a little bit of information to unravel the lies....

I'd be surprised not if this passes but if there's actually any relevant information that hasn't been destroyed or shredded already....

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying, but history has already demonstrated what becomes of these watered down resolutions - NOTHING! This will be no different. We already know the lies, obfuscation and deceit by the Federal Reserve and now we are demanding a FULL acounting of it. What we've received instead is another pointless signing ceremony with no teeth. Nope, I am NOT on board with this - at all!
I want... NO... DEMAND a full accounting!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Though I am all for getting rid of the Fed, it`s the end game for all all of this that makes me wonder.

It has been talked about as of late, about TPTB wanting to replace the Fed with something new of their choice. In other words, this is really what they want to happen. So in short, it`s all been a game to them. There has been fake gold bars found throughout the gold supplies all around the world. I find it a lttle strange about that point. Why all the fake gold? Is it there to make everyone think that there is more gold then there really is? Or is it there to replace gold that has been lifted and hid? Are they setting on it, just to make the claim that it`s all theirs? So goes the old saying, possession is 9 tenths of the law.

You notice how when ever the Fed is raked over the coals at those hearings about an audit, Bernanki throws it back to them, that they really don`t want to do that, it will cause many problems. So, ok, it would cause problems, like a few more would hurt? For such a powerful system, you would think you would see more then a lukewarm responce from Bernanki. Maybe the warning Bernanki is trying to get across is, look out, you may get more of the same in the end by dropping the Fed, only worse.

If, and only if I say, the books are opened, and it is found that the whole system is a ripoff, we then drop the Fed, are we really going to want those in Washington be the ones to replace it? I wouldn`t, not when so many of them are in the back pockets of TPTB. In the end, it would be the TPTB that does the replacing with a new system, and it`s right back to the same old garbage, we get high taxes and interest, just starting it all over again with a clean slate, fiat money worth nothing.

As I`ve said before, I may be wrong because i may be seeing something that isn`t there, but, much of it does seem to fall into place.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Anyone remember that guy that try to control the federal resereve in the 60´s...whats his name.....er....ermmmmm....

Ah thats it.....John.F.Kennedy, he tried to strip the fereral reserve of its power to loan the government money at interest with presidential order number 1110 on the 4th june 1963

He had that terrible accident later in November of the same year when his head simply "exploded" on a visit to Dallas.

Mr Obama and Mr Paul had better double their life insurance policies if this goes ahead because their heads could explode at anytime too.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by andy1972]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by time91

Yeah, well speaking of deleting records, you may be more correct about that than you could ever guess. And don't take it from me- take it from Richard Grove-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Huh, it gave me a an error message when I clicked on the link, what was Richard Grove saying?

[edit on 15-3-2010 by time91]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

No, I really doubt that. This system IS on it`s last legs, and if i`m right with what I posted above, it`s nothing but a way of letting the TPTB start the game all over again with another of their ripoff systems.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yeah...the systems on its last legs...but the REAL power isnt.

The same men, the power men, the bankers etc (without mentioning names, we all know who they are) and the agency men who put Kennedy in his box are still there today. Maybe the names have changed but the game hasnt.

When you or I write a cheque there must be sufficient funds in our account to cover the cheque, but when the Federal Reserve writes a cheque there is no bank deposit on which that cheque is drawn. When the Federal Reserve writes a cheque, it is creating money." - The Federal Resrve Bank Of Boston, Putting it simply 1984.

The federal Reserve doesnt want anyone looking at the books.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

What you say is true. But rest assure, they have their scape goats in place when the books are opened, and life goes on for the real power players, and they can try to put their new system in place. A system to make them rich(as before), and to shaft the common worker.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hope this isn't done right. As much as I don't wanna say that, in the event that it is audited right then our entire system will crumble. I am afraid that everyone would drop their bonds and inflation would go through the roof.

<<   2 >>

join