It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rawstory Does Story on Jesse Ventura Censorship, Then RT Gets Censored Themselves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Rawstory posted the following story on the Huffington Post's censorship of Jesse Ventura's article for them, about his book and questions on 9/11.

It is here:

rawstory.com...

At the bottom of the page, they had a video posted by Russia Today on the story, but then when I went to view it, the video was removed!

I took a screenshot of this:

And then went and tracked down the video, here:

It deals with an RT reporter interviewing Ventura about the HP's censorship of his article, to which he had pretty blunt and not-happy-camper reactions.

So the question is, why was this video suddenly removed by the user?

It wouldn't be like Rawstory to use an RT video without permission, so I doubt it was copyright violations, plus I believe they have used RT videos in the past, and a working relationship was established.

No, to me this is looking more like they got a call from "the man" telling them to can this interview with Ventura.

[edit on Fri Mar 12th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Heh, no sooner than I posted this, than Rawstory has fixed the link with a reference to another user who had posted the video... So the video is back up...Very curious...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So they couldn't even be bothered to dredge up their own disinfo troll? Cheap and lazy.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ahh, but wait, the plot thickens.... It appears that RT themselves removed the video! I am sending email to RT asking why, will report back...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Email sent to the producers of RT.

Look at what a search of Jesse Ventura turns up on the RT website itself:

rt.com...

The video is not there!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hmmm. What have they got to hide?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
From 1:39 to my post at 3:03 CST there were no posts? This would seem to be a topic of great interest. Where are all the comments?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

Heh, good luck figuring out what is of interest around here... It's interesting to me, and you I guess... In the meantime, still no return email from the producers of RT to help sort this out, so we're kind of in limbo on this...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wait, I think I am pretty sure now this video was indeed removed by RT.

Check this out:

Look at the screenshot where it says:

"This video was posted by RT at YouTube on March 11, 2010."

Well, "RT" is actually the RT username on youtube, and is Russia Todays channel on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

But now check out how Rawstory has changed what it says!

"This video from RT was posted at YouTube on March 12, 2010."

Notice it now says "from RT instead of "BY RT," and they have changed the date as well.

Yup, that sukka was removed by RT, and all traces of it are gone at RT's website and on their youtube channel. Now the question is, WHY??????

Very suspicious.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Jesse has been getting a hell of a lot of media attention over this book. It must be ruffling someones feathers.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think this issue was a good find. Seriously, obvious cover-up.

Jesse Ventura is speaking out, and apparently upsetting someone. God forbid if his message actually reaches the masses, and he actually looks credible.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Heh, well maybe we need some leverage on this. RT is still not responding, and I sent them the link to this thread. They may be watching it to see just how much attention it gets at ATS, as it is quite likely they are very familiar with this site.

Want an answer? Flag the heck outta this sukka!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jesse is a true warrior. I love his quote in the interview about this being censored. "Hey Huffington Post, I got news for you. That's the last article you ever receive from me".

[edit on 12-3-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Here's a new interview with Jesse Ventura by disinfo.com and they mention abovetopsecret.com!!

www.disinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura has a cult following of wrestling fans, acting fans, political fans, and conspiracy theorist fans. That is quite a cross section of any given population.

I betcha when you do the math, that is just too big a liability to have out there on a Soap Box tub thumping away at the Bush administration, and the OS of 911. Too big a risk. After all this guy held public office, he's not a basement dweller living with his mom at 45 with no reputation to back up his claims.

Great work Jesse!! Ballz O Brass.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In for the bump. I'm starting to fear for Jesse's life even with the show he seemed to be floating under the radar but this book has thrust him more into the mainstream. He also looks like he's aged about 10yrs just in the last 6 months. Here's hoping he stays strong and healthy and keeps asking those tough questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Great thread OP! S&F for ya!
Jesse Ventura has done wonders for the movement and CT's in general.I think he is ruffling some feathers but that's what we need to do.Steal The Air so to speak in order to wake up the masses.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
In for the bump. I'm starting to fear for Jesse's life even with the show he seemed to be floating under the radar but this book has thrust him more into the mainstream. He also looks like he's aged about 10yrs just in the last 6 months. Here's hoping he stays strong and healthy and keeps asking those tough questions.

Don't worry about Jesse. TPTB can't hurt him if they tried... He ain't got time to bleed! Only thing that can take out Jesse is a shoulder mounted Plasma Caster blast through the chest from Predator, and that's only because Predator is the coolest god damn alien ever.

Anyway, good on him. I wish him luck in his endeavors for the truth

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The USG is just scared of people who have the balls to question their motives. They don't want people like Jesse talking about it because other people will begin to ask the same questions (obviously). Considering the extent of the government's influence in the media it's highly unlikely any such articles will be published on any 'prestigious' news sources since this is just one big game of credibility.

We will never hear the truth from the proverbial 'horse's mouth' but perhaps given enough public support somebody will eventually crack under the pressure. But even if that happens I'm sure we'd simply have a page in the obituary rather then any useful or FACTUAL information... Like they said, the government is far too careful to allow any leaks of this information, and do not doubt their power to contain any such leaks. If a leak actually came down all we'd get is a buncha body bags and cover-up excuses, what else would you expect?

If this were a communist country these people would be assassinated before they even got a word out. (oh, and this site wouldn't exist)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by slayer420]

[edit on 13-3-2010 by slayer420]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
RT still has its video uploaded and available... so may be it is just copyright issue www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by FIFIGI]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join