It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Green UFO Photographed Over Norfolk Windmill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
G'day

Thanks for discussing this report & picture

It seems the consensus here is the "object" is a lens artifact.

That's what I though when I posted the article.

It's very obvious.....

If you have a look at this enlargement, you can even see a lens artifact (i.e. the white line) connecting the lower light & the "object".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c20ca82ca6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I dont' think that white line has anything to do with this being a lens flare. However, the ghost image to the left of it does. Camera lenses have multiple coatings on them, especially the Nikon that he's using. The ghost image is the same flare but from a different coating on the lens.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
No it's not. Lens flare is caused by an object saturating the lens with so much light as for the lens, or photographic medium, to be unable to deal with it. It's actually a form of aberration , well known in lens, since the early days of retractors and one of, the chief reasons the reflective mirror telescope was developed. Compound lens, pretty much, solve the problem, apart from extreme cases.

The wikipedia explanation is incorrect.

The bottom left lit window has lens flare around it, the green patch is actually less luminous than the light from the window. Given the light from the window is, probably a couple of 60 watt or a single 100 watt bulb, the green light is actually ,apparently, not that luminous at all.

From the Daily Mail...
"The green light was on some images but not others indicating it was not a smudge on his lens and it appeared to have moved from right to left".

That would suggest, if it is an artifact, it is from the iris aperture, not from lens flare. lens flare would have been visible through the view finder. One of the first things you learn in astronomy is that. if you can resolve a star, from Earth,as a clear round disc, you have a problem with your telescope.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
G'day

OK.....

We agree it's a lens artifact of some description, as per my previous posts.

Is it a lens flare or a lens reflection?

Well....

I'll let you camera experts argue the toss on that one....you know much more about it than I do.

I look forward to reading any expert commentary you might post

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
WOW look at that photo, that thing is in really high-res! I think that photo is probably one of the best examples of quality shot, perfect timing, perfect moment.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by jdmmade]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdmmade
WOW look at that photo, that thing is in really high-res! I think that photo is probably one of the best examples of quality shot, perfect timing, perfect moment.

G'day jdmmade

Exactly what do you feel is being shown in this quote "one of the best examples of quality shot" unquote?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Imagine that, a photographer pretending to not know what a lens flare is, just to get in the paper. Who woulda thunk

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Both. Flares come from light hitting the edges of lens elements. Modern lenses typically have many, some flare patterns can even identify the lens. The color there is likely from the coating on the lens.

The photographer knew what that was, this thread should be about the fact this seems to be a bad news source.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Both. Flares come from light hitting the edges of lens elements. Modern lenses typically have many, some flare patterns can even identify the lens. The color there is likely from the coating on the lens.

The photographer knew what that was, this thread should be about the fact this seems to be a bad news source.

G'day Blaine91555

Although the photographer should have known the cause of the "object" in his photos, nowhere in either of the articles I posted does it state that he knew.

Therefore, how can you state with such certainty quote "the photographer knew what that was" unquote?

Perhaps he is simply very inexperienced.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The color there is likely from the coating on the lens.

Or a cheap UV filter, can create this type of green lens flare.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

The color there is likely from the coating on the lens.

Or a cheap UV filter, can create this type of green lens flare.
www.flickr.com...

G'day nablator

I see what you mean.....

www.flickr.com...

It's a UFO invasion

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffd09b9ec28d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a74f5eb501e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
First its swamp gas, no its an artifacte on the camera, ohh wait is a plane or a bird.

Nowadays any UFO in the UK seems to get tagged with "ohhh holy hell batman its a chinese lantern damm these things get everywhere"

I am certian there are 1000's of the cases with damm good down to earth explinations but how did chinese lanterns suddenly become the answer to every unexplained thing seen in the skys.

With this one I think the genral concensus of the posters is right.

What interests me about UFO research is the tiny percentage of cases that can't be explained away.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I'm not too sure I'm sided with the artifact description, the light from below on the picture is completely yellow so how that would change to green is beyond me.

It also looks like the aura of the object has a solid outline.. wish I wasn't at work so I could take the pic and have a closer look but I definitely will be doing so later.

Very clear pic for once aswell, nice one OP

S&F

Why do you have the Avatar of Mckyle?

Where is he... you're driving his car and im worried..

I just looked and hes removed his AV and has not posted this month......

8[

Sorry for off topic, just avatars of others being used.. meh.. I sposed this one is common..

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by A boy in a dress

G'day A boy in a dress

I hope very much you will not be sending us any photos of your "butt naked" UFO hunting.....

In fact I hope very, very, very much we don't see them.

Speak for yourself. I need the laugh

I dont honestly see this as lens flare. Sure it points to being as such, but it just does not appear that way... not from the alleged source anyway.

Im not saying its a ufo.. But that the so far accepted consensus is just not fitting for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That Saturn shape has been around.
So it must be a usual lens flare when taking photos of UFOs.
There are even balloons that look like the ghost image.
images.google.com...
Very popular.
To debunk the image due to the frequency of appearance.
So venture a cause for Saturn images for UFOs and balloons.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
When i seen this photo i also noticed the patch on his coat a dark planet maybe Nibiru comeing up behind the sun is it time ??
the sun is behaveing quietly in recent years almost scared to spot and flare, Infact when i am out at night of late, well it seams the whole of nature is stillish with a gloomie light even in the day, well uk anyway .The ufo may have been used as a platform to tell tptb something, its time to get ready?.check this

A massive "current of fire" on the sun has started running at high speed, surprising researchers and challenging some models of the solar cycle.

science.nasa.gov...

maybe something is panicking the sun from behind, like a shadow approaching behind you as you lie in bed, your still as a stone with covers not moveing but your heart is a raceing and ya blood is pumping,quiet you say to your body then you start to shake and build up some courage WHOOSH you lash out, but only to the darkess accidentley creating a massive shout but that disturbs the air which is you surounding makeing your mobile go spinning spinning spinning then your photo frame a crashing your birthday cards fall over the noise makes you pump.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I'm gonna have to disagree with you my friend for numerous reasons.If you look closely at the image,the green light does have a body or shape inside it,no lens flare that I'v seen has that.2)If it is a lens flare,then where the hell are the other colors of the light spectrum followed by similar shapes behind it?
I clearly don't see that on this image either but I could be wrong,the image could've been manipulated.I don't have the full resolution image on hand so I can't give a full conclusion judging by this.

example:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
hmm dailymail, it's got to be utter bunk.

they seem to be even more tabloid than normal recently.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradoxchild

I'm gonna have to disagree with you my friend for numerous reasons.If you look closely at the image,the green light does have a body or shape inside it,no lens flare that I'v seen has that.2)If it is a lens flare,then where the hell are the other colors of the light spectrum followed by similar shapes behind it?
I clearly don't see that on this image either but I could be wrong,the image could've been manipulated.I don't have the full resolution image on hand so I can't give a full conclusion judging by this.

example:

Hi paradoxchild,

I couldn't see your example it just goes to the mockturtle website, so have to use other examples here.

The type of lens flare shown in the op's post is caused by the light reflecting off the internal structures within the camera before it hits the sensor (if its a digital) or film.

Depending on the camera and the lens used the light actually travels through a series of lenses. The more expensive lenses have multiple filters buit in to them that allow you to create all sorts of interesting shots.

example..

Lens flares can occure at all wavelenghs and do not have to represent all visable lenghs so I'm a little confused why you think that a len flare should show this. In other words lens flares can be in all shapes and colours

The type of lens flare in the op's post are almost alwats visable in only one or two of these wavelenghs as it is a reflection from one of the filter lenses within the camera.

Here are a few examples of this type of flare.

Look out its an UFO HELLLPP!! Or is it??

now look at the image below... notice the angles line up?

here is another example.

now look at the image below, notice the angles line up?

You see the camera never lies is in fact a lie. The camera can capture light in ways that you wont be able to tell on the view finder.

You may also notice that the shape of the lens flares above also seem to have some form or structure to them?? This is again caused by the direction the light has been refracted when intering the lense.

I hope this has been of some help,

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yep,that seems more correct now that you explained it in detail;it makes perfect sense and logical too.Hats down to you buddy.Debunked.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

G'day Korg Trinity

Thank you for posting those very good example pic's.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join