It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cryptoterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

What exactly is focusing on the UFO phenomenon if it isn't trying to figure out where they're from? Is it preferable to know where they're going?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Trying to figgure out what it is first, if UFOs are a "they" at all. It first needs to be found out what UFOs are. "trying to figgure out where they are from" is a guessing game in which everyone loses, it would be like trying to figgure out a man's life story and motives based off of an unconfirmed sighting of his car. It is a bad way of working a problem backwards. Most theories on where UFO's come from and who they are, are flawed. That is how UFOlogy gets turned into a joke.

It starts off with someone saying they are aliens from another planet. Then someone else says Mr.X says they are aliens from another planet i have gone further into investigating this and have determined that they come from mars. Then it turns into Mars has no life on it so they came from mars but now they are somewhere else. Then its, they were on mars but now live in the ____ star system since they do not attack us they are peaceful people and wish us no harm.

This goeson and on and people feed off eachothers idea that are all founded on the original unproven theory that they are aliens untill eventually you get to the 6th density,reptilian and spirit light mind orb BS. They all source previous similar works but they all lead to BS.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I was thinking the same. It seems a waste of time to keep up the back and forth of what's driving things that may or may not even be anything special.

The idea itself doesn't sound too plausible to me anyway. Unless these things were never on the surface, you'd think we would have already seen some kind of physical evidence of their existence. Bones, architecture, artifacts, something.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, this earth has had life on it for billions of years.

I know it may be difficult to understand a billion years, but it's 1000 million years for each billion. That's more than enough time for a separate race to evolve and start a civilization.

So I do agree with you, that it is much more likely for UFOs to be the result of a hidden race.

I believe reptilians evolved right here on earth during the time of the dinosaurs. There was more than enough time for a reptilian race to evolve right here on earth.

If you ever studied the dinosaurs, you'd realize there was 3 distinct periods on them on earth. Between these periods, scientists have little knowledge of what was going on between these periods.

Reptilians could have hidden underground, and lived there for years, they simply need to have "holes" to them for oxygen.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
its a nice theory/idea but where is the evidence of this?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

This goes on and on and people feed off eachothers idea that are all founded on the original unproven theory that they are aliens untill eventually you get to the 6th density,reptilian and spirit light mind orb BS. They all source previous similar works but they all lead to BS.

LMAO, end of last sentence. That is is the exact pattern Mr. Greer followed.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I think it is far less plausible than the ET explanation for a number of reasons -

lack of archeological evidence
historical "writings" and folk lore indicating an ET explanation
contactee descriptions

There are substantial pointers towards the ET explanation - I'm not aware of anything that actually points to a cryptoterrestrial solution ?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Have you investigated the Jaques Vallee issues that gave rise to the book?
With no mention of them you have no issues to talk about.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I suppose anything is possible, but without any substantial evidence I have a hard time believing that UFO's are from another species living on our planet right under our noses.

My mind has a much easier time accepting that they are either created by the human race or arrived here from somewhere far far away.

We know much more about our own planet than we do about the universe and what exists beyond the lens of our telescopes.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Let me be clear, I am neither proposing it as a explanation nor trashing it as another poster accused. I'm just offering it as a topic for discussion because the book has sparked some interest in the field. I was curious what people thought of the idea behind it, especially UFO believers.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Physical evidence for such claims is an absolute requirement for verification.

One can speculate and conjecture all day long. Many do, and wind up fictionalizing these speculations! lol

It has come to the point where campfire wide eyed stories of amazing things must come to an end and we must look for or at hard evidence of these things.

We waste so much time chasing smoke. life is too brief to waste time with stories that go nowhere.

There is nothing in any of this, ufos, cryptology etc etc that has produced much at all. A few ooparts that can be explained, stories about other ooparts but hey, the physical evidence is not there for them or like we have seen recently, completely rational explanations for some of them. Say the Antithikera mechanism which baffled people for years. But now it is know that it was essentially a navigation device that was highly complex for it's time and must have been made by an absolute genius of his time, but nevertheless is a very human device made with human hands for human subject matter and understanding.

bagdhad battery, electro plated sword in antiquity. This was also done elsewhere. Not a big deal.

Copper has been a treasure for as long as human history, the properties of it when coiled may have been discovered long ago and we can see some likelihood that electricity may have been generated with it.

Don't sell the ancients short, they were not dumb cavemen, they were as able minded as many of us, in fact there is no difference between the brain of those people 5000 years ago and our brains now. All we have that is different is teh collective experience of humanity from then til now.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That review was pretty interesting and new theories have propped up in my mind.
Its a deception and we aren't alone in the universe its just that we haven' been discovered yet and that the Crptos themselves may be making UFO reports to make it seem like there is a huge armada from thousands of light years away when in fact its very miniscule outdated craft

When it said

" how the "aliens" seem to spend a hell of a lot time ensuring they are seen: whether its taking "soil-samples" at the side of the road; equipping their craft with bright, flashing lights; or hammering home the point to the abductees that they are from this planet, from that star-system, or from some far off galaxy. Just about anywhere aside from right here, in fact."

Thats true, made me go
never thought of it that way.

as well as how it said that Roswell could of been a balloon of an impoverished species hiding below us trying to spy on the military which rightfully has them worried. The reason Roswell was covered up was due to that they may of found something among it ("alien" body)

When reading that review i really want to read the book now.
I kind of feel sorry for the Cryptoterrestrials if what he says could be true.

"who are now - under cover of darkness and while the cities sleep - forced to grudgingly surface from their darkened lairs and interact with the very things they fear (and perhaps even hate and despise) most of all: us.
"

Quite creepy ending for a review i better start watching people closely

Thanks for the link and thread OP S&F

EDIT: He also theorised that they may only be a century ahead in terms of technology and knowledge which indicates their fear and hate of us.

So in conclusion if someone veers away from people in the street looking terrified you may have found a Crypto
but seriously...it could be *twilight zone music*

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I was curious what people thought of the idea behind it, especially UFO believers.

DR, after some of your previous comments on these boards, I'd actualy class you as a 'UFO believer' - well not a 'denialist' anyway.

I certainly think we should be looking to the oceans for some answers behind the UFO subject - theres an almost unprecedented number of reports of unknown objects entering (or emerging from) the sea so I don't think its too outlandish to suggest there may be some activity down there.

USO Research

The UFO/Water connection.

As for origins, I've no idea which concept is more plausible (or preposterous) - the inter-terrestrial, extra-terrestrial or inter-dimensional hypotheses are all very intriguing - maybe its all three.

I also have to say that I do think some of these objects are not ours - Dr James Mcdonald makes an interesting point here .

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
that is a very good theory.
and one that definately COULD have some form of truth in it.
im not saying i think ALL ufos are piloted by this species of being, but its a good chance soem of them are.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Let me be clear, I am neither proposing it as a explanation nor trashing it as another poster accused. I'm just offering it as a topic for discussion because the book has sparked some interest in the field. I was curious what people thought of the idea behind it, especially UFO believers.

Yes. I undersatnad what the OP was. I was asking you for just a bit of detail as to what you think and why? I never said it was your theory. I realize you read a book and wanted others opinion. I was curious about yours is all.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
I think it is far less plausible than the ET explanation for a number of reasons -

lack of archeological evidence
historical "writings" and folk lore indicating an ET explanation
contactee descriptions

Forgetting the fact that in almost all cases archeaologists have very human and terrestrial explanations for such "evidence" can you tell us why you think it points to aliens over non-human earthlings?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
DR, after some of your previous comments on these boards, I'd actualy class you as a 'UFO believer' - well not a 'denialist' anyway.

True; however, saying "those who think aliens are visiting the Earth" was too wordy.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

After thinking about the review and the theory for a day or so, I have decided to read the book. It is pretty interesting. I'm sure we have all pondered this theory also in one way or another, but this book seems to take it to a more serious level.

Thanks for the post, DR.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Interesting theory. I suppose it is just as plausible that UFOs are non-human entities of Earthly origin as it is that UFOs are alien in nature...perhaps even a bit more plausible.

If they, in deed, are of Earthly origin, then can you imagine their surprise when they come "out of the shadows" only to discover that the apes have taken over the planet.

Nice Find OP. I may actually read this book, if for no other reason, because it sounds like a good sci-fi story.

EDIT: to add my reasoning for this theory being more plausible than ET origins of UFOs.

It's fairly simple, it removes the need for explanations of interstellar travel. It seems more plausible for an ancient race of earthly beings to have the ability to cloak themselves...after all, cloaking technology is something that is being actively developed right now. So, if we can do it, why not a sufficiently advanced race that existed before man.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Theres some other interesting reading below about Biologist Ivan Sanderson's speculative work on the subject - he covered quite a few intriguing ideas about origin - from the 'unknown lifeforms indigenous to earth' hypothesis right through to the 'advanced machine intelligence' hypothesis.

..I assume that I am not the only proponent of this idea, but I am not aware of any other UFO researcher who has expressed it in this way. Back in the 1960s, there was one writer whose thoughts moved in this direction, or who at least entertained the possibility. That was Ivan Sanderson, surely one of the most original thinkers ever to write about UFOs.

It is a shame that Sanderson, a biologist by profession, wrote only two books on UFOs. It is a greater shame that he is all but forgotten today. His first book, Uninvited Visitors (1967) remains among the most sophisticated analyses yet done on the possible nature of UFOs (Sanderson called them Unexplained Aerial Objects, or UAOs).

Too long to summarize here, Sanderson methodically asked, not what UAOs were, but what they could be. He developed a six page outline of the possibilities. Thus, they could be inanimate or animate. If inanimate, they might be natural, or artificial, each possibility with several subsets. If animate, they could also be natural or artificial. Natural forms might include life-forms indigenous to space, or to atmospheres, or to solid bodies. Artificial forms might be domesticated natural life-forms, genetically created life forms, or biochemically created life forms. And so on.

Sanderson at several points suggested the possibility that the "occupants" of UFOs might be artificial life forms. He was not dogmatic about this, and also entertained the idea that they might be an as-yet unknown life-form indigenous to Earth. Still, the concept of UFOs as a form of artificial intelligence is fertile enough that we might have expected some follow-up.

Link

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join