It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible moon pictures!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey all,

I know a lot of you enjoy looking at moon pictures, but most of the time they are pixelated or (ahem) retouched, but these pictures from the mercury missions are unedited and more than that they include a zoom function where you can get real close..on unedited high resolution pictures!

I myself have spent many nights looking at these, and let me tell you thay are NOT the usual moon pictures we get here on ATS.. why i'm posting these in the Aliens and UFO forum is because some of these show some incredible features, that if aren't made by men..well you get the drift

I don't know how to upload and post them on ATS but I'm sure our more avid researchers might start many a threads on some of these..I really hope some of you enjoy these..

Mods feel free to move these to the appropriate forum if they ruffle a few feathers..
If any of you have any comments, please i would love to hear them..

ser.sese.asu.edu...

PS. they are downloadable..and yes i know some of you will always just see rocks

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Conluceo]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

PS. they are downloadable..and yes i know some of you will always just see rocks

I know that everyone sees rocks, the difference is. I see a rock and know it is a rock others see rocks and know they are time machines, aliens,ufos,buildings, or lizzard men.
Anomolies are not too frequent on the high res pics these days, you need a really crappy picture to "find" things.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Great pictures. Where are you seeing the anomalies at? I'd like to take a closer look.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well that's just it isnt it?

Finally we have pictures where things are really discernible, i mean I for one have never seen the moon this close with all of it's incredible features. These for once are not crappy, that's the ticket, they are in High Res...

If I'm not mistaken these are some of the pictures that were used in books that are rare and hard to find like "Someone else is on the Moon"... so keep your eyes open..you might be surprised ;0

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Well the mercury 5 pics are pretty outstanding, just click and use the zoom function.. you're eyes wont deceive you

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Conluceo

Mercury V? There was no "Mercury V". Maybe you should learn a bit more about what you are looking at and the US space program in general.

These are images from the Lunar Orbiter Missions which were unmanned satellites whose main purpose was to get high quality images of potential landing sites.

Higher quality versions of some of the images are also available here:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you not figgured it out by now phage? If there are no aliens,buildings or UFOs in the moon pics then they are doctored by NASA.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah sorry Phage, you're right, they are Lunar orbiter pics. Sorry to have mislead some of you. my mistake.

Other than that you could have at least made it easier for people to find the pics you are referring to. I did. See? click, pic and zoom.

ser.sese.asu.edu...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Conluceo]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You can get much higher resolution images of the Moon here:
lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov...

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

But it's a work in progress. They are still working on complete coverage.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, But I still recommend looking at mine since I'm pretty sure they are a lot different and from some different locations. That being said, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see the site I linked to, inaccessible in the near future.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That site has been there for quite a while. I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

Here's another source for the Orbiter images and more.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Mercury V? There was no "Mercury V". Maybe you should learn a bit more about what you are looking at and the US space program in general.

These are images from the Lunar Orbiter Missions which were unmanned satellites whose main purpose was to get high quality images of potential landing sites.

Higher quality versions of some of the images are also available here:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

These are some very good high resolution shots. Why don't you check out lo5-105-h2left on the Lunar Orbiter Image scans on HD under V section. It lookslike they whited out some tracks at least.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, will have a look at those. At first glance they seem pretty interesting as well. Having said that, i believe folks interested in moon pictures should take a look at all the sites previously mentioned. Great, great features on our moon. I've never seen the moon in that way before.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

There is a whited out section, i don't know if that's due to tampering but there are all the others that don't have that anomaly. I'm pretty sure it's a scan error or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If any one interested in finding geography that just looks out of place on any of the moon pictures from the lunar orbiter high resolution zoom pics want to post them up , I would love to see those.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Great to see new faces looking at the Moon !

Check my links in my sig to download and view my findings!

keep on truckin'

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What I wondered about. I admit that some moonpictures appear to have been retoutched in the shape that could hide a tower, or a tower with an adiacent building.

So what I wondered about, are those original nasa pictures or are the retouched pictures themselves fake.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Anybody have any idea what this is?

Kinda looks like something that has been blown across the surface?

source--just zoom all the way in.
edit on 12/5/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

ser.sese.asu.edu...

Ah-HAH! --- Little white plane in the center of the picture? Haha, not sure, what do you think?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Nevermind, turns out to be cross-hairs of some sort in the actual picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join