It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deluxe 30 Day Emergency and Survival Kit for Four People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
SO I was just surfing at one of my fav web sites and ran across this ad for a Deluxe 30 Day Emergency and Survival Kit for Four People... their everyday Low Price: $3,249.97

Yeah right most of us could put it together for a fraction of the asking... SO to that end I thought it might be helpful to some, if I just posted the contents of the super-duper 3 grand deluxe kit so we can make our own...

This deluxe kit contains enough supplies for four people for 30 days. Kit contains:

* Eight boxes of 10 masks per box with respirators to protect against airborne viruses, bacteria, dust and prevent moisture build up.
* One, survival book written for the U.S. Army and details survival techniques, natural foods, fire and cooking techniques, first aid, and more.
* Four, deluxe Sterno kits; each kit contains a 6" folding stove, two 8-ounce cans of Sterno fuel that last 2 1/2 hours, six 9 hour mini candles, and one 60 hour pillar candle.
* Two, Water Bob 100 gallon bladders with siphon pumps.
* Two, five gallon camper's shower.
* Two, ceramic filtration systems; filter up to 300 gallons of water each per hour, includes filter, filter sock, and spigot.
* One, propane heater/cooker, requires disposable propane cylinders.
* One, solar powered multi band and short wave radio with cell phone charger.
* Two, collapsible five gallon water jugs.
* 360, MRE complete meals, three meals per person per day; includes a variety of hot entrees and side dish, a snack, condiments, drink mix, and an MRE heater.
* Four, volcano stoves that includes an insulated bottle with a cork lid, winged handle canteen cup, and a wing handled vented stove.
* 120 Light sticks.
* Two, magnesium fire starters.

Boxes 1 to 30 contain MRE's, one case of MRE's per box.
Box 31 contains: 120 light sticks, 2 camp showers, 1 book, 8 boxes of masks.
Box 32 contains: 2 water jugs, 2 ceramic filter sets, 1 propane heater/cooker, 1 radio, 2 fire starters.
Box 33 contains: 4 Sterno sets, 2 Water Bob's, 4 volcano stoves.:

There you have it, the recipe for a super-duper 3 grand deluxe kit
Looks more like a few hundred worth of stuff... I didn't see anything most of us can't find locally or off the net... nothing that makes it worth 3 grand anyway. if it were me I'd ditch the Sterno kits for a pair of good ole Colmen camp stoves, lots of junk in here but it's a guide not a rule so feel free to mix and match K

Link to the product page

PS you all do know what MRE stands for right?
Meals Rejected by Everyone!

Edit to add... anyone else think 33 boxes of stuff, a bit much, to toss over your shoulder and make a run for it?

[edit on 9-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
goodness i have only heard of a 72 hour kit or Disaster kit, if help doesnt come after 30 days then, id rather die

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

If it takes longer than 30 days to get to me I might just have to go looking for them...

If for no other reason than to point and laugh...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thats alot of money, .... I should convince one of my family or friends to purchase one, ...... so when the apocalypse hits, I can kill them and take it.

My survival kit contains two things, .... a .45 handgun, and Rusty, my trusty shovel.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Im with you on ditching the sterno, a whole lot of ways to cook that are easier and cheaper than that.

I think I would rather eat plaster than 3 MRE's a day for a month.

It is a good idea from a companies prospective however. With the world is dissary, the chaos from the earthquakes lately, and more people thinking about getting "prepared" that have no survival skills at all, overpriced packages like this make sense.

You find a family of 4 that watches the news and sees Katrina or Haiti footage, and thinks, "boy, I dont want that to happen to my family" so they buy this, and a premade BOB, toss it in their basement and think they will be fine should TSHTF. They wont, but at least they will feel better about themselves.

Also, again, how on earth do you carry 33 boxes of stuff with you? Does the site sell a bus as well?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My buddy showed me one of these in a catalog and wanted to in on halfs.. I laughed and told him we could get most that stuff at walmart and army surplus stores and spend a fraction of the cost.
Needless to say he saved his money when he sat and looked at the catalog again.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I had seen these at Cheaperthandirt and all I can say is RIPOFF.
They are WAY overpriced and many of the items could be better than what is offered.
Heck, I could eat steak and lobster every day for that kinda money.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

to make it easier for other people to understand what were talking about cost wise let me break it down...

If we round it up to 3,250 then divide by 30 days it works out to 108.33 per day.

SO yeah there are folks that having only $108 per day eating money is a Emergency and Survival situation all by itself

to most of us that 108 is living the high life...

The way I see it is 35 bucks will buy me a brick of .22's (500 rounds) with that I can eat pretty darn well for a lot longer than 30 days

[edit on 9-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

join