It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers: Pakistan arrests American-born al-Qaida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Officers: Pakistan arrests American-born al-Qaida

news.yahoo.com

KARACHI, Pakistan – Pakistani intelligence officers say they have arrested Adam Gadahn, the American-born spokesman for al-Qaida. Two officers say Gadahn was arrested in the city of Karachi in recent days. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

Gadahn has been wanted by the FBI since 2004 and two years later was charged with treason. There is a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

He has posted videos and messages calling for the destruction of the West and for strikes against targets in the Un
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/7/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Its great to hear that he is arrested and hopefully returned back to the U.S. to stand trial. But will he be convicted of treason? What will Obama do with him? Execute him to make sure any other Americans will not do the same thing? Or be passionate and understanding why he was doing it and just put him in jail with parole in the future because he was misguided or something.

If we let him go, will that send a message to all Muslims that we have an understanding with them? That we are not at war with Muslims.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-3-2010 by deltaboy]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Wow,

That's a tricky situation. On the one hand, he DID commit treason, which carries the death penalty. But at the same time, he's Muslim, which means they will call him a martyr. Even just imprisoning him could cause a plane to be hi-jacked with a demand of releasing him.

I'm interested in how this will play out. S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good news if it is true but this is at least the third report of his capture or death. I'll believe it when there is better confirmation.

I've seen it posed that this fat Jewish kid is really some kind of plant. Doubt he's burrow so deep into the al Qaida network but he comes across as so ridiculous one does wander.

Maybe he's some kind of inept double agent?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I used to have a refueling boom on the front of my aircraft...get me a Pave Low outta mothballs stand him out in the open...and I'll pick him up and deliver him...I am not however responsible for damge claims on delivery. I think I could still do it @ about 170 knots...

Would be fun to see if I could deposit him on the Empire State Building's radio mast...

Fantasy aside...trial for treason suits me fine. There is no mercy in me for those that support harm to our fighting men and women...none! I'm betting there are a few Marines here that have a fantasy or two for dealing with him also.

Obamma will privately if not publically claim he's just a product of his environment, and had no idea that his actions were in any way bad. He will get every break the administration can give him, and a public forum to spout his rhetoric...Come to think about it get me my bird...

A s&f for bringing this to my attention!

[edit on 3/7/2010 by rotorwing]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is good news! However, he probably won't receive the death penalty, although it is legally possible since he has aided and abetted the enemy and has committed treason. Moreover, past precedence regarding a similar situation would be how the government dealt with John Walker Lindh

was captured as an enemy combatant during the United States' 2001 invasion of Afghanistan. An American citizen, he is now serving a 20-year prison sentence in connection with his participation in Afghanistan's Taliban army. He was captured during the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi, a violent Taliban prison uprising where American CIA officer Johnny "Mike" Spann was killed.

Lindh received training at Al-Farouq, an alleged Al-Qaeda training camp located in Afghanistan. There, he attended a lecture by Osama bin Laden before the September 11, 2001 attacks. Lindh had previously received training with Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, an internationally designated terrorist organization based in Pakistan.

en.wikipedia.org...

He, like Lindh, will probably receive a lengthy prison sentence. However, in the case of Gadahn, he may receive a life sentence, and a new home at the supermax in Florence, Colorado. His accommodations would include 23 hour lock down and solitary confinement. It would be too politically incorrect to execute the man for treason, although legally speaking, it could happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is weird. Sunday (Today) he released a video calling for attacks on America:

Al-Qaida calls on US Muslims to attack America

AP Source

"You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that military bases are the only high-value targets in America and the West. On the contrary, there are countless other strategic places, institutions and installations which, by striking, the Muslim can do major damage," he said, an assault rifle leaning up against a wall next to him.

Then he is arrested Sunday (Today) in Pakistan as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
CNN just covered this as well but still waiting for confirmation. Let's hope it's true. 1:54 cst.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Within days, they'll have a confession outta him about a couple of Iranian nuclear weapons given to the Islamic bogeymen, personally autographed by Ahmedinejad himself. Plans of the proposed Iranian deathstar too probably and news of Taliban sleeper cells in every US state, armed to the teeth and ready to reap death and destruction on freckle faced American kids and kittens.

This guy has been a joke from day one, just like the other Jewish guy in New York portrayed as a radical jihadi convert. Honestly, if these are the best Mossad and the CIA can do to scare us then it's a big FAIL on their part. Of course, those that run these little blighters and use them for fear tactics don't really care whether we believe it or not, as long they get the headlines to justify endless anti-terrorism budgets and new wars.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We should reinstate public executions and publically hang his traitor ass until the birds come and pick out his eyes.
This is of course after we torture him for information.

As for Obama, Pfftt, he is to weak to give him the death penalty.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by WhatTheory]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Oh No!! Not the Kittens!!

Next they'll ransack the m&m's factory! Sorry O'bomba....No more for you

But seriously, If this is true, I say we behead him and all other Jihadist terrorists just to prove we can be just as cruel to them as they were to innocent civilian americans when the sent us Beheading tapes.

Oh, but wait, that can't happen. The ACLU would file lawsuit after lawsuit and free them under our own laws.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
On October 11, 2006, a federal grand jury issued the first indictment for treason against the United States since 1952, charging Adam Yahiye Gadahn for videos in which he appeared as a spokesman for al-Qaeda and threatened attacks on American soil.

Looks pretty obvious that, if this proves true and he survives Pakistani custody, he will be tried for Treason. Personally he should face the maximum punishment.

The charge of treason carries a range of penalties from a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in jail to a maximum sentence of the death penalty. The charge of providing material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization carries a potential sentence of 15 years in prison.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow, Pakistan is on a roll. Seems they have been capturing some high profile individuals as of late. Why didn't they do this at the beginning of the war?

I wonder if he has been read his miranda rights?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He probably doesn't need to have them read to him till he is in American Custody.

Time for him to squeal like a pig (pardon the swine reference) and spill what he knows.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Reinstate beheading and execute him in public in London if Obama is too soft to do it. They knew back in those days how to deal with traitorous scumbags!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Time for him to squeal like a pig (pardon the swine reference) and spill what he knows.

That works on two levels, what with him being Jewish AND a pretend muslim Jihadi.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Guess your right.

Although, I don't think anything he says to Pakistanis will be admissible in US courts.

But maybe it will lead to more information we could use to capture others.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Send him to Gitmo....

Oh wait that's for holding non-Americans.

SEND HIM TO GITMO anyway.
Give him a pork chop.

Treason.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was thinking Fort Leavenworth.

I'm sure his cellmates would love to do some bend and thrusts on him.

My bet is Obama will place him anywhere but GITMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hope they come up with something more creative like Life instead of Death Sentence in exchange for him doing broadcasts in an expensive suit surrounded by bikinied blondes that are given to al Jazeera to broadcast.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by mmiichael]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join