It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in our own house!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Been a crazy night around here and this morning looks to be the same...

to start last night we had this little local news blip...

APD officers combed the neighborhoods off Rio Grande Blvd. Thursday night searching for two suspects on the run.

The incident began earlier near Coors and Sequoia when police were searching for a vehicle in connection with a theft.

Police cornered the vehicle on a cul-de-sac not far from the intersection. Officers boxed in the car and when they got out to confront the suspects, the driver hit the gas, steering towards an officer.

The officer was able to get out of the way and fired shots at the vehicle.

The suspects' car was located a short time later, ditched on I-40 Eastbound near the river. One of the suspects was in the passenger seat, he was arrested and taken-in for questioning.

The other two either jumped into the river or climbed down the ravine and made their escape. Since then, police have been using both airplane and helicopter to scour the neighborhoods and check the river.

Police are telling everyone in the neighborhoods near I-40 and Rio Grande to be on the lookout for one male and one female who are still on the run.

Well that happens to be my neighbourhood....
and late last night one of those big SWAT vans parked in front of my house... were talking helicopters cop cars lights up and down the road you name it... When I walked out to ask what was going on I was yelled at "Get Back in the House!" they wernt messing around then several officers searched my back yard...

This morning were still on lock-down... the Van's still parked out front... me and the kids are up stairs watching the big show out the window... I feel kind of bad for these two Bonnie Clyde types, these cops look like their hoping to shoot someone today!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Keep safe, DaddyBare.

Would you happen to be able to toss us some links and shoot some photos out the window?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Here's a link to the story from last nights story but they havent updated it yet
KOB TV

I'll see what I can do for pictures... were pretty heavily forested here... big old cottonwoods line the river on our side, that's why those folks are having so much trouble finding these two I guess...

Also looks like the search is moving south now downstream... We can see a news helicopter on the other side of the Highway so maybe this will all be over soon???

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Wow thats pretty crazy.

should ease up on you folks once they wrap things up, kind'a scary to be trapped in your home tho.

Is the SWAT vehicle blocking your driveway, or is it just out front?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Take care Daddybare, keep us in the loop so we know all is good

Casing

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Well they just moved it but we live in a townhouse complex. ya know like fancy apartments... one driveway for all of us... that was blocked so they could walk past our townhouse and have access to the river... on the other side of the back fence is a bike walking trail that follows the entire length of the Rio as it goes threw town..

I'm thinking this has less to do with who there looking for and more to do with where this search is going on... we're a somewhat up scale neighbourhood... three blocks over lives or former Mayor... going the other way a half mile lives our current Mayor and further up (North) rio Grande is where the really rich folks with their Rolls Royce's and Ferrari's live... Gotta protect the folks who sign your paycheck right?

[edit on 5-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sounds like a High-profile part of town, upscale upper-middle-class type, and the rich.. Kind'a odd to have activities like what happened last night near or in such said neighborehoods.

Does make me wonder what else is going on. if anything is, infact going on, outside of the manhunt.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Dont get me wrong here... it's not often something happens but when it does it's a big deal... It about this same last year when I was driving my youngest kid to high school was passed one of those rich people houses, out front ICE was conducting an Armed Raid... I kept driving, somethings you dont want to get mixed up even by accident

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No doubt about that.

There was a big ice raid up here in Colorado back in '06.

new topics

top topics

join