It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My consciousness seems to have EXPANDED everywhere...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to commend the initial poster of this thread for reaching a level of consciousness I have barely begun to delve into, myself. Upon reading this thread and these posts, I felt the need to share my experience, so I hope all of you will bear with me while I tell it.

About two years ago I had open-heart surgery for the closure of an Atrial Septal Defect, or what is more commonly known as a hole in ones' heart. The doctors initially tried to close the hole via cathederization with a device, but the hole was too big (about the size of a half dollar). In learning I had to undergo open-heart surgery, I became incredibly worried about my own mortality.

I recall sitting in the waiting room and clutching onto a pair of rosary beads, only to realize prayer gave me no relief; as it used to when I was young. The doctor's made me wash down for a second time that morning using dial soap, and the nurse instructed me to get a good lather and essentially 'draw' a line down my chest with the soap so the area would be clean when the doctors went in.

Once I was in my scrubs, I collapsed into a sobbing heap in my mother's arms. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to see her again. Granted, I'd had leg surgeries before, but this is a serious life-organ we're talking about.

And so I gathered up my courage and got on the gurney, lying there. I remember them putting the IV in, and they hadn't even had a chance to run the saline solution through before they added the sedative, and I was out cold. It wasn't necessarily a shift in consciousness like the initial thread-starter had; however, I felt the need to share my 'letting go' experience.

Regards,

Stellar Divinity

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stellar Divinity
First of all, I would like to commend the initial poster of this thread for reaching a level of consciousness I have barely begun to delve into, myself. Upon reading this thread and these posts, I felt the need to share my experience, so I hope all of you will bear with me while I tell it.

About two years ago I had open-heart surgery for the closure of an Atrial Septal Defect, or what is more commonly known as a hole in ones' heart. The doctors initially tried to close the hole via cathederization with a device, but the hole was too big (about the size of a half dollar). In learning I had to undergo open-heart surgery, I became incredibly worried about my own mortality.

I recall sitting in the waiting room and clutching onto a pair of rosary beads, only to realize prayer gave me no relief; as it used to when I was young. The doctor's made me wash down for a second time that morning using dial soap, and the nurse instructed me to get a good lather and essentially 'draw' a line down my chest with the soap so the area would be clean when the doctors went in.

Once I was in my scrubs, I collapsed into a sobbing heap in my mother's arms. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to see her again. Granted, I'd had leg surgeries before, but this is a serious life-organ we're talking about.

And so I gathered up my courage and got on the gurney, lying there. I remember them putting the IV in, and they hadn't even had a chance to run the saline solution through before they added the sedative, and I was out cold. It wasn't necessarily a shift in consciousness like the initial thread-starter had; however, I felt the need to share my 'letting go' experience.

Regards,

Stellar Divinity

I WANT MORE!!
your story sounds amazing bro, what happened next???
hows your heart!? how did it all turn out??

new topics

<< 1   >>

join