It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My consciousness seems to have EXPANDED everywhere...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I cant really describe the feeling... as im sure most of the people who have a spiritual growth cant. Its rather hard to DESCRIBE, but i will try my best.

So a few months back i had done my first chakra meditation...to make it short, it felt as if i was EVERYWHERE... but only for a fraction of a second. Was quite amazing.
I felt energized and pumped.

Anyhow...i had a dream about 2 weeks ago that i died.
It sounds funny but in my dream i was the soldier in "CALL OF DUTY 2". I was inside the game acting as the person. I choose the "wrong class" so i said oh shoot i need to die real quick so i can choose a new class.
SO i walked up to this older guy and asked him to kill me real quick please. He said ok kneel down and turn around. So i got down on my knee's he stood behind me. I closed my eyes and in my dream i was thinking of just random thoughts. And all the sudden i heard a blast, and it was quite and euphoric feeling.
In my dream i went from thinking. To all the sudden THOUGHTS didnt need to form. Thinking felt so old...so "old school" for a lack of a better word. it was as if thinking was something that wasn't needed anymore. I was in a state of being that just felt i was everywhere, everything, there was no I or ME...but i realized i was a consciousness...but i was everything at the same time. It felt as if i was in a concert hearing everything, thinking so much...and all the sudden i submerged my head underwater, and went into the deepest meditation. I was floating...hearing nothing but feeling everything.
Anyhow i woke up...and i was thinking to myself, wow if thats death then its quite amazing...

Lately though i think about it randomly and say wow thats more of what i want.
NOWADAYS though...when i meditate...i am truelly able to get that almost exact same feeling. I just got done meditating and it felt as if my consciousness went from my head...slowly "raised out of my skull" and all the sudden i was everywhere. I didnt need to THINK, i just KNEW...but i didnt so much KNOW all the secrets of life...i just had this FEELING...this "GUT" feeling persay that everything was me. I told my girlfriend...it felt as if i had eyeballs EVERYWHERE in the room, on everything and i can view everything...but i didnt say "I AM THIS PLANT, AND HEY I AM THIS SPEAKER"...there was no personal clinging to any one thing. It was as if....just peaceful...

like i said hard to explain...

Im moreso curious if anyone has had this same experience? What exactly it is? Would love to hear some peoples input =]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
aaah Sounds very much like the dream I had but without the COd piece

In my dream "someone" had asked me who I was and he showed me and from that point our dreams are very much alike. So I guess you can answer the question "who am I"

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

...but i realized i was a consciousness...but i was everything at the same time.
Deep...and I don't think most people will realize just how deep that statement really is...interesting post.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hey, I'm 17 and i have been having those feelings from meditation as well. Its what keeps me going spiritually, knowing life after death is just an illusion, there is no death.

It really allows you to look at the big picture very easily. Did you have the really weird vibrations in your body and the weird springy sounds around you too? I've even had things whisper and yell, but just for seconds at a time.

Fun stuff

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

It is fun but you have to be careful, rushed exposure to these things can lead to serious problems with mental health if you are not prepared for them on every level.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
reply to post by gandhi

It is fun but you have to be careful, rushed exposure to these things can lead to serious problems with mental health if you are not prepared for them on every level.

I have to agree, i wrote a thread awhile back...im not sure if i OBE'd or ASTRAL PROJECT'd...it could have even been a dream or whatever you wanna call it.
The point is i was in deep meditation...i "fell onto the floor" and was frozen, i couldn't move, everything got dark, i felt an evil presences, i felt all the joy and happiness sucked out of me. Finally i said "I WANT TO WAKE UP GO TO MY BODY" and i "came too"...
i laid there and surprisingly i still had the same "pain" as i did in that, obe/projection".... it took me about a week to try to go back to that deep meditation again. It def. sits in the back of your mind, and plays with your spiritual development. just kept saying "i hope that doesn't happen again"

Like he said...be careful, tread carefully and keep a positive outlook!
NOTHING

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Wow! This story was awesome... to say the least!

Although I cant explain your experience, nor can I say I have
encountered the same. If you don't mind, I have some questions
for you.

-How long have you been meditating?
and....
-What position do you sit or lay in when meditating?

I've been trying to get used to the meditation process and further
expose myself into these states of mind. I just started practicing
a little over a week ago, and I am quite sure I have gotten somewhere
so far with it. The process is difficult but my experiences have been
slight to none. Meaning, the first time, I was able to feel very, very
relaxed (physically) and was able to form my own galaxy so to speak
in my mind. Beautiful colors, spirals, green like oceans, blue and purple
skies, etc.

On my second attempt I achieved the same as the first.

For my third, nothing.... I had too many thoughts disrupting my practice.

(NOTE: I have been laying down in a 'coffin' position, since I feel
more comfortable compared to crossing my legs, torso in an upright
position due to lack of flexibility, lol)

Does this sound familiar with your beginning stages? I know everyones
experience is different but just to get an idea.

Maybe you can equip me with some advice.

Once again, great story... THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

Hi just some tips for beginners.

Firstly even though some people will start getting 'high' or 'floaty' feelings after deep meditation even after just a few days. It will take most people at least a month of 30minute + daily meditation before they really start to realize the effects of it. So don't worry if you nothing happens right away.

Secondly don't try and make anything happen. The focus of each meditation should reflect your desired outcome, but you should try to focus on symbols for unlocking potential or try to still your thoughts completely as basic forms of meditation before going on to trying anything fancy like OBEing or Lucid Dreaming. Some beginners find it useful to start with mantra based meditations and then stop using mantras (or keep using them if they help get you into a trance state) once they have learnt how to still the mind consistently.

Meditation takes practice it isn't something that can be just picked up and put down if you want to see real results. Though no doubt even meditating once a week can help reduce your stress levels. For real results you should be aiming for an hour a day everyday, but starting with 15-30mins is a good target.

You dont have to sit with your legs crossed either (not that you do), that is just something which came from the east because thats often how they sit naturally. The most important thing is to keep our back stretched and dont cross any parts of your body (without knowing correct posture) as some traditions state incorrect flow energy lines during meditation is harmful. You can have your hands touching but personally I prefer to either have my hands planted face down on my legs or my palms empty and skyward.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

The first thing i had to think about was one of those TED talks...

Very interesting how she also talks about her consciousness expanding everywhere...

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Really cool. I have had a few experiences of varying intensity levels as of late.

Never forget, always keep the One Infinite Creator in the forefront of your mind, for it is because of him, through him, and for him that we are here, IMO. So, always express gratitude and appreciation. Genuine of course.

When going out and about in the "conscious" state, so to say, where lucid dreaming, etc is possible. You are exposing yourself to, as the distortion is understood, psycic attack by negative entities attempting to further polarize in the negative distortion. If possible, try to understand the service they offer, see that that's all it is, they're doing what they think is best, however distorted it may seem; there IS a reason. So, understand, if possible, and accept, not necessarily their distortions, but their attempt at service and love them back; thus denying their attempts to control yet you gain in positive polarity (and this forgiving, accepting love protects you from them).

So, just a few extra important points, IMO. Hope I didn't interfere or infringe. Good luck to all...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Very interesting post OP!

The only thing I can think of to relate to your experience is a feeling of dual consciousness I experienced during a past life dream. I was a Russian fisherman during World War 2, short and stocky in appearance with a weathered face, tatty hair and a salt and pepper beard. Me and my 2 companions chanced upon a dock. On exiting our small fishing boat we were met by members of the SS who stopped us and accused us of being spies. The odd thing about this dream was that the language spoke was obviously foreign to me, (German/Russian) yet my dreaming mind understood it and translated it instantaneously into English so that my sleeping self could comprehend it.
The German general leading the SS soldiers then informed us that we were to be executed and given a choice. We could be shot in the head or the chest.
As me and my 2 fellows were lined up on the dock I experienced the most intense fear I have ever felt, knowing in that moment that death was a certainty, an inevitability. I was afraid of death. And then suddenly, as this Russian fisherman I became aware of my future self; in bed asleep dreaming of this moment. It was then that my consciousness split, I was occupying the body of not only my Russian dreamself but also my sleeping form, and I gained a sense of awareness I've never felt since and in near impossible to describe. It literally felt as my consciousness was stretching across time and space. It was mind blowing. At this point I snapped back into my Russian form and lost all fear of death, knowing I had nothing to fear. That I'd live again as a boy in the future, dreaming of this moment, warm safe and comfortable in my bed. I was an eternal soul. I felt such a peace and serenity and acceptance of death. Then I woke up in my bed, the experience over.

This happened to me more than 5 years ago now, but I still recall it more vividly than any other dream I can ever remember having. It was truely a remarkable experience.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Kascade-
What you describe is a spiritual awakening or enlightenment. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Your consciousness expanded and you experienced life the way it's supposed to be all the time. You felt what it is like to be ONE with everything and everyone! I think You experienced......what it's like....... to be God.

When it happened to me- I had tears streaming down from my bugged out eyes and my jaw agape in utter AWE of what was happening. OMG!!! I WAS HOME!!!!!!... I was home!!!!!!. After a long time gone away. AND IT FELT SO GOOD....better than ANYTHING EVER. Like being wrapped in a goose down comforter made of warm light.....there was no doubt...no question....it was the clearest most lucid moment in my life! It is so obvious that you laugh and say OMG!....I REMEMBER. How could I ever have forgotten THIS!

Sound familiar?

Just being.......no thoughts , no ego bluring your true vision....and you saw the world in a new way...the way it really is without the veil of forget you've been under your whole life.Don't tell me- everything was like new...bigger, better, spotless, like YOU just made it. (which in fact you did) When you are "in that place" of perception, everything is just as it should be. You realize that the Universe is unfolding exactly as it is supposed to be. You realize that this lifetime is as Bill Hicks said..."just a Ride".

Not real easy to integrate enlightenment" back into "regular life" after that, is it? You feel like you've been away from home for so long....and now you're God and you've just been handed a big warm piece of God's grandmother's apple pie, (can you imagine- that'd be some good freakin pie) only to have it yanked away and replaced with a frozen pie in a box....and all of a sudden you're in Iraq. You want to go back.........and to stay forever.

Now you know the truth. Now you understand the difference between thinking something and knowing something. More and more people on Earth have been having this experience....and until the naysayers have it happen personally- we will smile and chuckle....like a Grampa talking to one of today's teens- who are sure they "know it All". After all, the teen is a good kid..., and will "come around some day". We know that we are all on the same ladder to "Remembering That We Are God"....only on different rungs. All will make the climb.

Many pray for 2012 or God too save them...not realizing that the change the world needs is from within yourself. You are like a movie projector....when you open your eyes the Reality you make flies out. YOU MADE THIS!!! ALL OF IT. Every problem, every illness, every good and bad thing in your Reality is of your own construction. It's a very elaborate set, lot's of really high tech 3D effects to really WOW you into beliving that it's real. Well its not.......it's a Dream. Or like Bill says..."It's just a Ride". So relax and enjoy it. Quit prowling the doom & gloom threads secretly hoping for the world to end.

Don't accept the Reality that MSM or the doom/gloom forums brainwash into your head! Turn off that @$#% TV and computer and do someting you enjoy for chrissakes. Go play with your kids. Go outside...have some Fun. Because that's what we're here for......to ENJOY life and HAVE FUN. All the rest is a guilt trip laid on us from childhood on up.

It's time for things to be different..... to be the way they're supposed to be. And it's all our thoughts that can make the shift happen. We are powerful spiritual beings! This little "human gig" is something we're doing for fun! A mre blink in the life of the God that we ALL are....Don't you REMEMBER??? WAKE UP ALREADY! You're missing the show!

Namaste-
-Boypony

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Boypony]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I feel as though I am more 'conscious' than most people around me... But I still have problems meditating. I just can't get to the point where anything unusual happens. At the most, I feel as though I have woken up from a full nights sleep after meditating for about 15 min or so. Everything seems fuzzy when I open my eyes, but that's about it.

I think I may have some sort of mental block, because deep down I am quite scared of what I might experience.

If it's anything like sleep paralysis, where I see strange things and have trouble getting out....then I'm definitely not ready.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55
reply to post by kaskade

Wow! This story was awesome... to say the least!

Although I cant explain your experience, nor can I say I have
encountered the same. If you don't mind, I have some questions
for you.

-How long have you been meditating?
and....
-What position do you sit or lay in when meditating?

I've been trying to get used to the meditation process and further
expose myself into these states of mind. I just started practicing
a little over a week ago, and I am quite sure I have gotten somewhere
so far with it. The process is difficult but my experiences have been
slight to none. Meaning, the first time, I was able to feel very, very
relaxed (physically) and was able to form my own galaxy so to speak
in my mind. Beautiful colors, spirals, green like oceans, blue and purple
skies, etc.

On my second attempt I achieved the same as the first.

For my third, nothing.... I had too many thoughts disrupting my practice.

(NOTE: I have been laying down in a 'coffin' position, since I feel
more comfortable compared to crossing my legs, torso in an upright
position due to lack of flexibility, lol)

Does this sound familiar with your beginning stages? I know everyones
experience is different but just to get an idea.

Maybe you can equip me with some advice.

Once again, great story... THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

No problem man, i'll try to "help" as much as i can.
I have been meditating for about, 9 months now. I WAS meditating about 2hrs. a day. Sad thing is... my faith/schedule got the best of me. And before tonite...i haven't meditated honestly in about 2-3 weeks. (so sad i cant take 15 mins out of my day to do so)

It wasn't so much hard going back INTO it. Although i did have more trouble trying to RELAX my mind, and silent my thoughts.
I used this guided chakra meditation tonite, that is absolutely amazing. My girlfriend said she was able to open up her chakras for the first time tonite. Her experience sounded a lot better than mine, to be honest =/

If you'd like, im not sure if your allowed to put your email here, but i can send you, as well as anyone else, the tracks(s) if you'd like. Hopefully they will help as much as they did me. Just send me a private message !

Well tonite, did both sitting meditation and laying meditation.
I started out in sitting meditation. Half lotus. Then indian style (like you would as a kid) most people's knee's fall asleep indian style, its most comfortable for me.
I actually use different mundras, I guess its whatever mood im in at the moment.
I had left hand in a fist with my thumb sticking out as if i am hitch hicking. And my right hand also in a fist but holding my left thumb slightly. Right above my naval. Only reason why i switched to laying down meditation is cause my neck was bothering me all day and it was irritating my meditation. I tried to focus on it and use it but i said eh forget it =p

So i went in laying meditation. just on my back, shoulders back even on the floor. Feet and arms spread out from my body comfortably. And just listented to the guided track. For me honesly the tracks are amazing. Im sure anyone who hears/listens to them will no doubt grow rapidly in meditation.

Ya your experiences are the same as mine when i first started. I will say this first and foremost and most will agree. DO NOT GET DISCOURGED. Your mind is a muscle... you wouldn't go into a gym right now and think you can lift 300lbs. you have to build up your strength, our stamina etc.
same as meditation. It DOES take time being able to clear your thoughts, and focus truelly on what meditation is. Whether its to relax, expand your mind, think things throughly, or just to "zen out" any and all are great for you. DONT GIVE UP!
As well...dont think to much into it...my problem for awhile was i wanted the same experience over and over....and well it never has happened yet lol I guess just like working out... your never gonna have the SAME workout everytime, just go with the flow what happens is meant to happen, cant change it!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

Hi just some tips for beginners.

Firstly even though some people will start getting 'high' or 'floaty' feelings after deep meditation even after just a few days. It will take most people at least a month of 30minute + daily meditation before they really start to realize the effects of it. So don't worry if you nothing happens right away.

Secondly don't try and make anything happen. The focus of each meditation should reflect your desired outcome, but you should try to focus on symbols for unlocking potential or try to still your thoughts completely as basic forms of meditation before going on to trying anything fancy like OBEing or Lucid Dreaming. Some beginners find it useful to start with mantra based meditations and then stop using mantras (or keep using them if they help get you into a trance state) once they have learnt how to still the mind consistently.

Meditation takes practice it isn't something that can be just picked up and put down if you want to see real results. Though no doubt even meditating once a week can help reduce your stress levels. For real results you should be aiming for an hour a day everyday, but starting with 15-30mins is a good target.

You dont have to sit with your legs crossed either (not that you do), that is just something which came from the east because thats often how they sit naturally. The most important thing is to keep our back stretched and dont cross any parts of your body (without knowing correct posture) as some traditions state incorrect flow energy lines during meditation is harmful. You can have your hands touching but personally I prefer to either have my hands planted face down on my legs or my palms empty and skyward.

i COULD have just scrolled down and read this before i wrote my book above haha, EVERYTHING THIS PERSON SAID is 100% backed by me and im sure all =]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by kaskade

The first thing i had to think about was one of those TED talks...

Very interesting how she also talks about her consciousness expanding everywhere...

Peace

YESS!!! thats eXXXActly how i felt in my dream when i "died"

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
Really cool. I have had a few experiences of varying intensity levels as of late.

Never forget, always keep the One Infinite Creator in the forefront of your mind, for it is because of him, through him, and for him that we are here, IMO. So, always express gratitude and appreciation. Genuine of course.

When going out and about in the "conscious" state, so to say, where lucid dreaming, etc is possible. You are exposing yourself to, as the distortion is understood, psycic attack by negative entities attempting to further polarize in the negative distortion. If possible, try to understand the service they offer, see that that's all it is, they're doing what they think is best, however distorted it may seem; there IS a reason. So, understand, if possible, and accept, not necessarily their distortions, but their attempt at service and love them back; thus denying their attempts to control yet you gain in positive polarity (and this forgiving, accepting love protects you from them).

So, just a few extra important points, IMO. Hope I didn't interfere or infringe. Good luck to all...

Thank you for your input =]
I was reading the Tibetan book of the dead the other day, and they say similar things. Negative energy's and beings are there for a reason. Dont be afraid of them, for they are only a reflection of you, and all. Ask why they are here, face them, and learn from them. Dont be foolish enough to turn them away because it SCARES YOU. Learn there is nothing they can do to you, unless you allow them to.
(in a nutshell what it said lol)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony
reply to post by kaskade

When it happened to me- I had tears streaming down from my bugged out eyes and my jaw agape in utter AWE of what was happening. OMG!!! I WAS HOME!!!!!!... I was home!!!!!!. After a long time gone away. AND IT FELT SO GOOD....better than ANYTHING EVER. Like being wrapped in a goose down comforter made of warm light.....there was no doubt...no question....it was the clearest most lucid moment in my life! It is so obvious that you laugh and say OMG!....I REMEMBER. How could I ever have forgotten THIS!

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Boypony]

haha you said it well!! its funny cause its like a sense of "this feels familiar" but also mixed with NO THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!" lol
its hard to describe im sure you can say the same. I guess the feeling you just feel is as if, you lost ALL your senses, smell touch hearing seeing tasting... and all the sudden BAM there all turned on. its like omg i REMEMBER THIS!! THIS IS HOW A HUMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE!
the feeling is overwhelming

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

YESS!!! thats eXXXActly how i felt in my dream when i "died"

I know.....great, isn't it?

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I will say this...if ANYONE wants to;

Obe
Astral Project
Lucid Dream
or anything else of that sort...

MEDITATION IS THE KEY AND FIRST STEP.
when i was meditating for at LEAST a hour a day.

I was lucid dreaming constantly, i was closest to astral projecting.
I felt my peace come out. I view EVERYTHING different.
I felt as if i was a buddhist...i didnt care for much, but at the same time cared for everything. Before i for some reason quit... for a month i was in total bliss. EVERYTHING was right...
and to be honest all around me was kinda #ty. Didnt have much work (doin freelance) client didnt pay me on time, car motor went to crap, ran out food at one point (live alone haha)

but at the same time, it was the happiest i've ever been cause my outlook and perception knew better...and i can honestly and truelly say that meditation WAS and IS the reason for that....
that and some buddhism (but i dont want to preach religion here)
point is... u want all these spirtual things to happen to you.
keep it simple...
MEDITATION!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join