It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outright Eurocentric Racism against Muslims.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Since you profess a somewhat obvious ignorance of people's Religious Beliefs because of your seemingly Indifference to it buy those comments , who are you to Judge the people of Europe's feelings towards a Fear that they might loose their sense of a Nationalistic Idenity when through an open door policy by their Goverments , Immagrants come in and disrupt the Status Quo there ?.............

There is no loss of European Identity because there never WAS one. No one of the people considers themself 'European' unless someone askes what continent are you from. Its like someone saying, where are you from? "North America". We have individual identities, I mean I often say Scandinavian and a lot of us do, but its a bit different because were all so similar and its regional, not so broad as 'European'.

The whole point of the NWO (off topic?) is to CREATE union identity, "we're not Norsk/French/German/Irish/Portuguese, we're European!" and the next step to remove even THAT distinction. I see status quo as both a good and a bad thing, there should be no extreme either way.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I agree with Subjective Truth on this 100%. Live and let live. No one's liberties are being harmed here.

And why do women need to remove this item of clothing anyway? I thought the fascists had scanners now?

You can't have both. Either get rid of the scanners and allow facial concealments, or get rid of facial concealment and allow scanners.

Both is unfair simultaneously and I will call totalitarianism if both occur at the same time.

Also, my wife (we are Americans, non-religious), she actually envies the tradition of women concealing their faces and wishes she could do it too. This is because she is hot and gets sick of drooling men treating her like a object to be looked at. Concealing her face, she claims, will help her feel more comfortable in public.

She hasn't done it or anything, only talked about it. I told her she looks dorky with it on. And still hot. lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yup ... I am making a new resolution come this summer I am doing all my shopping wearing a 2 piece swimming suit...and when I go to the movies I will wear a very see threw top and shave my head so they can't say my hair is to long ...
When I go to the bank I will take everything off to prove I dont have anything to hide LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I was implying in my previous post more on the lines of a Nationalistic Identity that could be Lost , not a Generic European one . British , French , Spanish , Slav , German etc. In that pretext those Peoples Unique Cultures would be the ones most to suffer a Cultural Shock that Immigration Policys would bring them . I personally thing that is a Bad thing .......

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

You are so right.

'Religion' is where this world has gone wrong.

'Religion' causes most of the wars and suffering.

'Religion' is made by corrupt people who want power.

There should not be any man-made religion, just people following whatever they want and not being judged for it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
they're scared of the general mutual dislike that has to be brewing after the Pris car-b-cue season, the murder of van Gogh (the film producer), the general trend within this demographic to lock their women away for use as baby factories and home slaves as well a myriad of other problems, ranging from habitually p*****g in the elevator to gang violence and trafficking of anything you can think of. the consensus is that a failure to comply will often result in so called honor killings and it's only a matter of time until they're going after random people:

www.heraldsun.com.au...#

needless to say, attacking the symbol is ineffectual as well as discriminatory. enforcing the laws and actually asking a couple of questions when a family member vanishes would do wonders, but the politicos won't have that, since division and unrest appear to be essential to the political process as it actually exists.

[edit on 2010.3.2 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I dont see how this is racist against Muslims.

Islam is a religion and not a race

The Burqua is a tribal custom not an Islamic one

[edit on 3/1/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

You don't see how this is racist huh? Well, no amount of my explaining things to you will make a difference then.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Everyone should be able to do and believe what they want as long as it does not infringe on another's right to do the same. This is wrong if they do not have any other reason than religion. You should be able to pray to whatever god you want!!!!!!!!

Flag for you OP good thread let the truth be heard.

Thank you my friend. I wish that others could see this for the infringement on rights that it definitely is.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Everyone should be able to do and believe what they want as long as it does not infringe on another's right to do the same. This is wrong if they do not have any other reason than religion. You should be able to pray to whatever god you want!!!!!!!!

Flag for you OP good thread let the truth be heard.

Well said sir, not much to add .

To each his own.

Thanks Sean. You and I agree on many issues. I finally added you as a friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have it so bad that your wife is so hot she needs to hide her face

You are a lucky man!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I agree with part of your post. However, freedom of expression is being attacked here. Eventually, the system may decide against something that you have a personal right to do. And when it happens, that is when you will experience your personal freedoms being limited.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...well, obviously, the only fair and reasonable thing to do is ban ALL clothing... jewelry, hats and shoes will still be permissable and purses but not those fanny pack thangs...

Honestly, I'd rather run around naked myself. It would definitely serve to level things out a bit.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Good for them.
I think its great they are banning the burka, atleast in public.
When I walk down the street i wanna see smiles, I want to see expressions, character.

Not distressed looking eyes in the slit of a hood.

Wearing the burka has more negative impact for relations, than removing it.

People are suspicous if they cant see your face. People are afraid of whats different, and in the western world we show our faces.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Agit8dChop]

Well, since you favor this...I can't wait until they start passing laws that might infringe on things that you may not favor. Then maybe you'll get an idea of why its good to still have freedom of religion, expression, and individuality.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Distressed looking eyes? Are you kidding me things are not this simple, is it alright for a person to wear a cross around there necks? Or what about a priest in his clothes or nuns. I think you might be have a hard time seeing the truth past whatever walls you have put up. We should live and let live as long as no one is taking aways some one's rights I say more power to them.

I am in agreement with you my friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

: Look people. This stuff has gone far enough. Look what is happening in this world. Freedom of religion and expression is being attacked. Personally, I deplore religion because I feel that it is a disease very much like syphilis. It goes through your system and begins to shut down neurological centers, especially the thought feature that we refer to as critical analysis. But, taking away other people's freedoms are just another step to take away ours. Plus, we can't keep pushing our Muslim brothers. And yes, I do say brothers. They eat like we do, sleep like we do, have sex to procreate, and get married and live miserably like the rest of us. They are flesh and blood and deserve to be treated with respect. The same respect that you deserve from anyone else. Extend some love people. "

Since you profess a somewhat obvious ignorance of people's Religious Beliefs because of your seemingly Indifference to it by those comments , who are you to Judge the people of Europe's feelings towards a Fear that they might loose their sense of a Nationalistic Idenity when through an open door policy by their Goverments , Immagrants come in and disrupt the Status Quo there ?.............

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

What you said makes no sense. At all. Period.

I recognize everyone's individual freedom of expression regardless whether I agree with how they use it. If it doesn't bother, or infringe on my rights, then there's no reason for them not to express themselves how they choose. For instance, regardless of whether anything that you stated has any merit (and it doesn't) I still recognize your right to say it.

I hope that's clear enough for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I am not refering it to being a racist issue or a religion issue. What I am saying is in GENERAL our FREEDOM to dress the way we want to is being attacked. It is the start of our freedom being taken away and this is not good. NO matter who ya are what the heck is a burka any different form a a big scarf wrapped around your head and face protecting you from the cold?

Well stated. It really won't be until more of American rights and freedoms are infringed upon before people understand how bad things are getting.

Its only until after something affects us directly to we decide to take offense.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I am not refering it to being a racist issue or a religion issue. What I am saying is in GENERAL our FREEDOM to dress the way we want to is being attacked. It is the start of our freedom being taken away and this is not good. NO matter who ya are what the heck is a burka any different form a a big scarf wrapped around your head and face protecting you from the cold?

Well stated. It really won't be until more of American rights and freedoms are infringed upon before people understand how bad things are getting.

Its only until after something affects us directly to we decide to take offense.

I love what you said in this reply it is the root of our problems apathy is a parasite feeding on the American people. It needs to stop before we are left with nothing and wondering why?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Subjective Truth

So , by that response I would imagine you feel Nationalism is becoming a thing of the Past ? What will Replace it , and how will it effect the lives of every one of those Countries Citizens when it comes to Religious and Political Diffrences ?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

???

I wish I could understand your direction here, but, I don't. Democracy is based on liberalism which means the protection of the individual. Liberalism and being a liberal are two different things. Once you attack the individual, you in turn, attack democracy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Since you profess a somewhat obvious ignorance of people's Religious Beliefs because of your seemingly Indifference to it buy those comments , who are you to Judge the people of Europe's feelings towards a Fear that they might loose their sense of a Nationalistic Idenity when through an open door policy by their Goverments , Immagrants come in and disrupt the Status Quo there ?.............

There is no loss of European Identity because there never WAS one. No one of the people considers themself 'European' unless someone askes what continent are you from. Its like someone saying, where are you from? "North America". We have individual identities, I mean I often say Scandinavian and a lot of us do, but its a bit different because were all so similar and its regional, not so broad as 'European'.

The whole point of the NWO (off topic?) is to CREATE union identity, "we're not Norsk/French/German/Irish/Portuguese, we're European!" and the next step to remove even THAT distinction. I see status quo as both a good and a bad thing, there should be no extreme either way.

Being Scandinavian is not an individual identity. And, Individual Identity is not determined by race, color, or creed. That is an ethnic or nationalistic association to define the collective, not an individual. Being European is roughly the same thing. All it defines is a region, not the person. It defines where you are from, not who you are.

The NWO has not been mentioned here previously, this is something that you have brought up. And the NWO is about Globalization (world network), which actually attacks individuality as opposed to supports it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yup ... I am making a new resolution come this summer I am doing all my shopping wearing a 2 piece swimming suit...and when I go to the movies I will wear a very see threw top and shave my head so they can't say my hair is to long ...
When I go to the bank I will take everything off to prove I dont have anything to hide LOL

Yep...that's about the size of it. Airports are now using security measures that pretty much exposes everything (good or bad), so, we might as well start going naked everywhere. That way, everyone knows what we're packing, and we all end up in the same boat.

But of course, we'd be arrested and individually attacked for that too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join