It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate denies link to 9/11 conspiracy theorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Holliston Massachusetts— Although as of yesterday he was listed online as a member of a group that questions the validity of government and mainstream media accounts of the 9/11 attacks, state Rep. candidate Jonathan Loya says he is not a conspiracy theorist and joined the group because of his libertarian ideologies.

He was a listed member of the "Boston Change for Truth" group on meetup.com, a networking Web site for groups to coordinate meetings and events. According to the Boston Change for Truth page, the group is "for those concerned with issues from 9/11 truth, ending the Federal Reserve, vaccine resistance, big pharma - medical industrial complex, to banker bailouts and the erosion of civil liberties and the ongoing global wars of occupation."

Loya, a UMass-Lowell sophomore studying political science, said he decided to run because he is fed up with "business as usual in Washington" and wants to bring down taxes. He is running as an independent against Democratic incumbent Carolyn Dykema, D-Holliston, in the Nov. 2 election.

In a phone interview yesterday, Loya said he was not a "radical 9/11 truther (who doesn't believe the government's account), as some of the people in that group are." Loya said it was "ludicrous" to believe the U.S. government or any other outside force except for al Qaeda was responsible for the attacks. He said he had questioned traditional accounts of 9/11 on his membership page in order to be accepted into the group by the group's administrator. He also said he wasn't a believer of theories maintaining there is a group of elite political leaders trying to establish global governance. "I'm not a believer of any of those things, no," he said.

Loya is also a member of a Libertarian group on meetup.com, in which he said he is actively involved and regularly sets up an attends meetings.

Link to News Story

[edit on 1-3-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
19 year old candidate signs up at meetup.com and joins the "Boston Change for Truth". As a result he got his name in the newspaper for having a "link" to conspiracy theorists.

Interesting story and I would appreciate your comments on it. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
19 year old candidate signs up at meetup.com and joins the "Boston Change for Truth". As a result he got his name in the newspaper for having a "link" to conspiracy theorists.

Interesting story and I would appreciate your comments on it. Thank you.

My thoughts are the guy just claimed he LIED to get into the list. So, what else is he lying about? What a snake. I wouldn't think about voting for him or supporting him. And his comment about "only al-quaida could be responsible" is mind-bogglingly mentally retarded. There could easily be 20 to 100 Arab terrorist networks, but "it had to be al-quaida". What a brain-dead man.

He's clearly stating something with complete certainty without knowing anything about it at all or doing any research at all. This political snake is the very worst of all worlds whether he is really a truther or not. I hope the worst for him when it comes election time. Or perhaps I don't really care if the liar gets elected since all politicians seem so dirty its almost hopeless.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
He's just a sellout. And like the other poster said, don't vote for this guy. Good find.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Don't vote for him.

Yes he may have joined to get information on what truthers were saying but I think he actually did/does support the movement and only said he didn't when his campaign became in jeopardy. Real shady.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Does having a known membership on a site like ATS mean an automatic disqualification for public office?

Seems that way, huh? This kid denies even believing in the conspiracies part of the web-group, and he is still being torn apart.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe he just doesnt want to 'commit suicide' for his beliefs and is making excuses to keep his life.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Does having a known membership on a site like ATS mean an automatic disqualification for public office?

Absolutely not, but that's the field of politics for you. If you can't stand firm on what you actually believe in, you probably shouldn't be in politics to begin with.

I am working on running myself. I will probably be outed as a conspiracy theorist, and I won't deny that I have a membership here. Fact is I probably will encourage people to visit the site, read my posts and decide for themselves whether or not they agree with my political stances.

new topics

top topics

join