It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fannie Mae asks for 15 Billion Bailout!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If it wasn't enough, and now that unemployment benefits have been revoked for millions of Americans, Fannie Mae is asking for 15 billion in further bailout money.

If this happens, and Americans aren't pissed, then there is nothing left for this country.

Star and flag, others need to see this. And despite what some members might think, starring and flagging isn't about popularity, its about getting the message to those who need to see it. For instance: Millions of people who are now being denied unemployment out of pure greed. Especially after the bailouts because of the economy.

Snippet from source:

WASHINGTON — Fannie Mae needs another $15 billion in federal assistance, bringing its total to more than $75 billion. And worse, the mortgage finance company warned its losses will continue this year.

The rescue of Fannie Mae and sister company Freddie Mac is turning out to be one of the most expensive aftereffects of the financial meltdown. The new request means the total bill for the duo will top $126 billion.

And the pain isn't over. Fannie warned Friday that it will need even more money from the Treasury, as unemployment remains high and millions of Americans lose their homes through foreclosure.

Fannie Mae reported Friday that it lost $74.4 billion, or $13.11 a share, last year, including $2.5 billion in dividends paid to the government. That compares with a loss of $59.8 billion, or $24 a share, a year earlier.

source:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's where unemployment benefits were revoked:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's where Fox News defended it:
rawstory.com...

If Americans let this happen, then guess what...we have literally deserved the mess that we consistently allow our Politicians to put us in.

How long? Not long...Rage Against the Machine.

Patriotism is dead. Welcome to Fascism. Why call it the NWO when the official word is GLOBALISM???

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Let's remember they just voted against funding $15 Billion for unemployment benefits. Will this $15 billion they are requesting create jobs?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Let's remember they just voted against funding $15 Billion for unemployment benefits. Will this $15 billion they are requesting create jobs?

My guess would be...No.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How could you allow this to happen to your great country? Americans should be getting bailed out.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

i'm not trying to sound cynical, but source? That would be abso-****inglutey huge. That, to me, would be just short of a direct snub of the American people.

*grumble*grumble* ...ask for the same exact amount that we just got denied will they?*grumble*

edit to ad grumbles

[edit on 2/28/10 by CSquared288]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Where's my bailout?

I spent 4 months looking for a new job, getting into a crazy amount of debt in the process, losing my perfect credit score. Now the banks are raping me.

How about a 20 buck bailout? Sure could use some gas money and food over here.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
How could you allow this to happen to your great country? Americans should be getting bailed out.

You're right, but unfortunately, our politicians don't believe this.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
Where's my bailout?

I spent 4 months looking for a new job, getting into a crazy amount of debt in the process, losing my perfect credit score. Now the banks are raping me.

How about a 20 buck bailout? Sure could use some gas money and food over here.

Couldn't agree more. But, this is the New America. They don't care about the little guy anymore...if they ever actually did.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

You are correct in your assessment. If Fannie Mae gets bailed out after the government just denied the American people relief from this economy, then the proverbial S*it should hit the fan.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree with most of what you said except...

Patriotism is dead. Welcome to Fascism. Why call it the NWO when the official word is GLOBALISM???

Welcome to Corporatocracy.

It's a form of Oligarchy. A few rich and powerful control and keep the masses down.

It of course is the final solution of pure unbridled capitalism.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LOL 15 billion is chump change.

Fannie and Freddie are both insolvent.

The tax payer will end up forking over nearly a trillion to keep them afloat.

This is the biggest crime against the tax payer in the history of this nation.

And we will keep bailing out everyone until all that's left are poor people and rich bankers.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why can't the executives just jump out of their windows like they used to do when they hit bottom?

The logical answer to the 15 billion dollar question is:

"We Fannie Mae, really suck at business. In fact, we suck so bad, we are causing untold financial suffering to the citizens of the United States. Because of our corporate incompetence, we Fannie Mae and the United States government have decided to find another corporation with another business model, rather than throwing money at a seriously failing model."

It's such a catch-22, an enigma, a hypocrisy. Fannie Mae and others like them, basically do their business by profiting off of people who have failed and can no longer support themselves. They accuse the credited of being a failure, basically, and steal their house and garnish their wages, destroying their credit and lives.

When Fannie Mae fails, well, they expect someone to give them money of course.

Still waiting for the window jumpers, please.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Why can't the executives just jump out of their windows like they used to do when they hit bottom?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc5b5376be40.jpg[/atsimg]

It shouldn't be funny, but it is.

So, to the Right, corporate welfare is ok, but helping out the rest of us is just not acceptable? I can't wait for this vote, you will see who actually cares about you the taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
LOL 15 billion is chump change.

Fannie and Freddie are both insolvent.

The tax payer will end up forking over nearly a trillion to keep them afloat.

BINGO

This 15 Billion is only a short term fix.

Freddie and Fannie will be at the Trough for years.

LET THEM DIE

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
While I don't agree with them getting another bailout or ANY bailout for banksters!!! I have to point out that I believe congress has reenacted unemployment benefits now despite the senator who disapproved originally.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So, to the Right, corporate welfare is ok, but helping out the rest of us is just not acceptable? I can't wait for this vote, you will see who actually cares about you the taxpayer.

no, to the right - all welfare is wrong.

period.

Its taking money at gunpoint from the productive and handing it to the unproductive.

If starving mothers need help, they can get it from their family or from a private charity. They have no right to come into my home, put a gun to my head, and loot me of my labor.

No one does.

Not government, not banks, and not starving mothers.

Bush may have proposed the 700 billion TARP package, but Obama signed it and put into practice. Obama's administration is RUN by Goldman Sachs bankers.

Geithner, Paulson, the deputy treasury sec, the head of the NY fed, the former head of the NY fed, etc.. etc.. etc.. Obama may have well just let Goldman come in take over for him.

Fwank the rest of the democrat looters are the ones who made the sub-prime market possible and who are knee deep in the crap with Fannie and Freddie. Acting like everything is fine and these are vital institutions. Its a crime.

Frwank is a criminal.

Obama is a criminal.

Bush is a criminal.

Geithner and Bernanke are criminals.

Paulson and Kashkari are criminals.

And every single member of congress who voted for the bailouts is a criminal.

They all need to be tried on charges of TREASON!

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

period.

Its taking money at gunpoint from the productive and handing it to the unproductive.

If starving mothers need help, they can get it from their family or from a private charity. They have no right to come into my home, put a gun to my head, and loot me of my labor.

No one does.

If you are not a troll you make me sick to my gut. I know what you're gonna say when I say.. "Well the gov't shouldn't give money to other nations or its military." But do you even know how much the govt gives out to other programs OTHER than the programs it gives to its citizens.

WE CITIZENS DONT GET SQUAT COMPARED IN THE GOVT BUDGET!

Then the little that citizens do get.. you say they shouldn't get!!! MAN!! WTF is wrong with you!!??

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LinksINC

period.

No one does.

If you are not a troll you make me sick to my gut. I know what you're gonna say when I say.. "Well the gov't shouldn't give money to other nations or its military." But do you even know how much the govt gives out to other programs OTHER than the programs it gives to its citizens.

WE CITIZENS DONT GET SQUAT COMPARED IN THE GOVT BUDGET!

Then the little that citizens do get.. you say they shouldn't get!!! MAN!! WTF is wrong with you!!??

Dude - do you not understand?

The government HAS NO MONEY

NONE

NADA

ZIP

ZERO

GOVERNMENT HAS NO MONEY

ITS YOUR MONEY

Government comes into my home, puts a gun to my head, loots me, then hands it to their crony partners in crime.

Then they take a cut of the loot for themselves.

After which they give the scraps to some poor people - WHO WERE MADE POOR because of the actions government took in the first place.

You have no right to my money, government has no right to my money, and starving mothers and bankers have no right to my money.

Period.

Being poor does not give you a right to loot people at gun point.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The govenment has plenty of money. An illusion has just been created to make you believe that we are in debt.

Besides the fact...

IF the USA in fact had no money (lol)...

The last thing that should be cut is general welfare for our fellow citizens...

Shouldn't the over massive budget for the military (and others) come before our fellow citizens?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LinksINC
The govenment has plenty of money. An illusion has just been created to make you believe that we are in debt.

Besides the fact...

IF the USA in fact had no money (lol)...

The last thing that should be cut is general welfare for our fellow citizens...

Shouldn't the over massive budget for the military (and others) come before our fellow citizens?

The government is approaching 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Since the government produces nothing of value, it has no capital resources of its own. All money government has comes from the tax payers.

Government does not create money (at least not yet anyways). Government uses a credit card to pay for everything and the tax payer is forced to make the payments.

Imagine if I had a credit card with your name on it - and I could force you to pay the bill for the charges I ring up on it by putting a gun to your head.

That's government.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join