It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifical tsunamis as offensive weapons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was thinking about the potential threat of tsunami-based weaponry when I began to wonder, assuming such technology exists, how would it be aimed solely at the intended target?
In addition, what kind of defenses could be used against such an attack?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think I could design an artificial tsunami machine that would do all that and have somewhat directional capabilities but it can only be so directional.

The problem is, it would be extremely uneconomical and impractical, the cost would be too high, it would be subject to corrosion and big maintenance costs, and frankly I can think of many other ways to get better bang for the buck.

But it's an interesting thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If tsunamis were to be used as a weapon 'they' would be using advanced supercomputers to stimulate the Earth, barring unforeseeable factors to find out the main movements of waves.

It's not a perfect weapon, not a perfect science, but it could be used as a pretext for invasion such as Aid invasion like what's happening in Haiti, and attempted Aid invasion of Indonesia during the 2004 tsunami, where Indonesia rejected the US's demands to have boots on the ground in Indonesia. Indonesia never recieved any aid from the US, I believe, because of this.

It may be that there is no earthquake machine, and that 'they' are simply not letting a crisis go to waste.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
another way to generate a tsunami is really simple.

Large mass hits ocean a many miles off the coast of target (far away from you) tsunami occurs. (ballistic missile only bigger) think about what happens when a meteor impacts

or, nuke detonates in ocean, tsunami occurs. (and radioactive fish occur... probably shouldnt eat seafood for a while after that one)

But, i agree, that directing one is the hard thing, since these methods create "ripples" waves that travel outward in all directions. However, i am confident that they would work.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

The US government sent over 650 million dollars of aid through the Tsunami Relief and Reconstruction Fund that was created in response to the disaster, as well as additional aid through the department of agriculture.

You are misinformed.

top topics

join