It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread Proving 2012 is of signifigance, but not the end of the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So I have been doing research, every single day. Usually into the late hours of the night. It is 4am right now and here I am writing this. So I had a smart idea. I decided to do the math of the zodiac. Each age is supposed to be 2160 years in length, and each world is 3 ages long. Well, I used 2012 as my starting point, and I subtracted 2160 three times. The year I ended up with, was 4468 B.C.... So I decided to google that year. Surprisingly enough, I found a timeline of the ancient egyptians. And there it was, the year 4468BCE. I have found something called the Narmer Plate. It tells all about the precession of the equinox's, and how the age of taurus began in the year 4468BCE. It also states how every 3 ages, the new age begins on an equinox. The age of taurus, began in the fall equinox, sept 21st, 4468BCE. Three ages later, the age of Aquarius is supposed to begin on Dec. 21 2012. Three ages before Taurus, was the age of leo, which began June 21, 10948BCE. And it continues like that every 3 ages. So now we are living in 2010, we are about to enter a new age of the zodiac. Now, judging by what is said about the narmer plate, 2012 will not be the end of the world, it will be a time of purification. There are many mason symbols related to this narmer plate as well, which is very odd. But they are there. The site that I have found dates back to 1999. So it has been around for a while, perhaps it is not contaminated by all the rest of the 2012 crap going around.

However, My personal theory, when you look at the scientific evidence of major climate change, and how alaska was once tropica, as was antartica, and the sahara, I can't rule out the possibility of this new age first flushing out the old age and us with it. I still see denver airport as something very odd. As well as the fema camps, the seed vault, and the dutch preparing for the worst. This new world order is very strange too. The amount of earthquakes, and global warming are also of concerns which I believe are all connected to something beyond earth. Such as the coming of the new age, on of course, another coincidence of dec 21. 2012. Here is the link, check it out for yourself. There is a lot of reading involved there, but it is worth it. It is very informative, and revealing. It just shows that the ancients weren't as retarded as everyone seems to think.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net... This is where the info about the narmer plate starts.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net... For those of you too lazy to do the reading to get to this page.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net... For the even lazier.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net... And just for the skeptics that want to read somewhere that 2012 is not the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It makes sense that people have survived this sort of thing before, and will again. Even if 90% of all Humans are killed, that's still millions left to repopulate the Earth. The underground bases like Denver "New World" Airport may only be for the power elite, which on the surface is really unfair, but they have the best chance of making sure that our culture and most importantly our technology survives. We've been through enough dark ages. I want us upright apes to go out and infest the Galaxy!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

could you point me to where the masonic symbols are at? I am interested in the 2012 phenomenon, and I agree that I don't think it will be the end of the world. But as a mason, I have never encountered any significance to that date. Maybe I'm just a low level mason thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Please describe the significance of each age and how real-life events match the profile of what the "age" would predict. For example, Wikipedia defines Aquarius as related to air. Really? Wouldn't Aquarius be related to water? ("Aqua").

In other words, were there any significant changes that happened around the previous two ages and if so what were the changes? Furthermore, were these changes in line with what would have been predicted? And what would therefore be predicted for the age of Aquarius.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Really?

My view is, if the 'elite' (contradiction in terms, if you ask me) are using OUR resources to save THEMSELVES only, and leaving the huge majority of the worlds population to be exterminated, then IMO, the human race does not DESERVE to survive.

I can't imagine anything more abhorrent, than these merciless, self serving, greed machines masquerading as human beings, propagating their philosophies as the last representation of what it is to be human!

I'd rather we all went extinct and allow another species to become dominant in time.

If they'd warned us 20 or 30 years ago, we would ALL have had decades to prepare, just as they have done in secret...but no, we are the slaves, the scum, the expendable units of commerce.I wouldn't be surprised if they would look at it as a chance to start again with a clean slate.

All i hope is, IF an ELE is headed our way, they don't survive either.
Not warning us of something like this, is tantamount to genocide.
If my beautiful kids are not 'allowed' to survive, they should not either.

Question to the OP;

What does the 3 ages mean? Why does each world have these 3 ages you talk about? Why not 4 or 5 or 22?

[edit on 28/2/2010 by spikey]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I like your thread.

The thing that gets me with things like this is the fact that we can't know that our current way of counting years is the correct way. How do we know if a "year" is the same length as a year back in 2000 BCE? How can we use our current year length as a measure then? How do we know where to start? It's for this reason that I think that the Mayans have a better start on things like this than we do because their calendar at least was for a very long timeline. They may not have started at the "right" place either but at least theirs was consistent through the millinea (sp?). Take this for example,

History of Our Calendar

Before today’s Gregorian calendar was adopted, the older Julian calendar was used. It was admirably close to the actual length of the year, as it turns out, but the Julian calendar was not so perfect that it didn’t slowly shift off track over the following centuries. But, hundreds of years later, monks were the only ones with any free time for scholarly pursuits – and they were discouraged from thinking about the matter of "secular time" for any reason beyond figuring out when to observe Easter. In the Middle Ages, the study of the measure of time was first viewed as prying too deeply into God’s own affairs – and later thought of as a lowly, mechanical study, unworthy of serious contemplation.

As a result, it wasn’t until 1582, by which time Caesar’s calendar had drifted a full 10 days off course, that Pope Gregory XIII (1502 - 1585) finally reformed the Julian calendar. Ironically, by the time the Catholic church buckled under the weight of the scientific reasoning that pointed out the error, it had lost much of its power to implement the fix. Protestant tract writers responded to Gregory’s calendar by calling him the "Roman Antichrist" and claiming that its real purpose was to keep true Christians from worshiping on the correct days. The "new" calendar, as we know it today, was not adopted uniformly across Europe until well into the 18th century.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
we have to assume that all prophecies take into account of calendars used at time of said catastrophe. if you were to look into the future you would see everything as is, including what kind of messed up jean style people are paying 500 dollars for. the time our prophets lived in is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
we have to assume that all prophecies take into account of calendars used at time of said catastrophe. if you were to look into the future you would see everything as is, including what kind of messed up jean style people are paying 500 dollars for. the time our prophets lived in is irrelevant.

I would tend to agree with you except that OP started with 2012 in our current calendar.

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Well, I used 2012 as my starting point, and I subtracted 2160 three times. The year I ended up with, was 4468 B.C.... So I decided to google that year. Surprisingly enough, I found a timeline of the ancient egyptians. And there it was, the year 4468BCE. I have found something called the Narmer Plate.

In order to "count back" to 4468 BCE he would have had to take into consideration all of the many calendar changes within that period.

Edit to add: But all that aside, I don't want to derail the thread. It's an interesting one and it might not make all that much difference in the overall scheme of things. It's just something that continues to bother me.

[edit on 28/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Excellent post. S & F.

These theories fall into exactly what I've been researching myself. I will read the entire website that you provided a link to. Yes it is long, but there are many jewels to be found in the theories presented.

Also this is definately linked to the Mayan calendar and the precession. The Mayan calendar is a calendar of the Earth's precession. The reason the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 is only because it is the completion of one precession cycle. (Which, of course starts again as the world certainly doesn't end).

More and more information is coming forward about all this symbolism being tied to the precession of the Earth.

This is an excellent thread started by Portugoal:
Freemasonry: The Great Cross and the End of Time

You will see the connections with the freemasons, symbols of the cross and their connection to the precession.

It's all related, the maya, the aztec, the constellations, the gods, the pyramids, the temples, the hindus, the freemasons, etc.

It's just a matter of putting it all together. It's the same story told by many cultures.

Here on ATS there are many attemps to tie all together. So much information to be found. Eventially when all the pieces of the puzzle are finally put together the truth and knowledge will be known to all.

"At the right time" Is that 2012?

As Hawass is now pumping out the water under the Sphinx to look for the Hall of Records and it's going to take awhile.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Great thread pal! Star and flag for you! I too am a fan of the 4am research
I'll have a good read of those links later on.

I agree with Julie Washington that there are so many connections throughout history. Too much to be just coincidence.

I need to look into the age of aquarius. Could the hippies have been right all along?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I like your thread.

The thing that gets me with things like this is the fact that we can't know that our current way of counting years is the correct way. How do we know if a "year" is the same length as a year back in 2000 BCE? How can we use our current year length as a measure then? How do we know where to start? It's for this reason that I think that the Mayans have a better start on things like this than we do because their calendar at least was for a very long timeline. They may not have started at the "right" place either but at least theirs was consistent through the millinea (sp?). Take this for example,

History of Our Calendar

Before today’s Gregorian calendar was adopted, the older Julian calendar was used. It was admirably close to the actual length of the year, as it turns out, but the Julian calendar was not so perfect that it didn’t slowly shift off track over the following centuries. But, hundreds of years later, monks were the only ones with any free time for scholarly pursuits – and they were discouraged from thinking about the matter of "secular time" for any reason beyond figuring out when to observe Easter. In the Middle Ages, the study of the measure of time was first viewed as prying too deeply into God’s own affairs – and later thought of as a lowly, mechanical study, unworthy of serious contemplation.

As a result, it wasn’t until 1582, by which time Caesar’s calendar had drifted a full 10 days off course, that Pope Gregory XIII (1502 - 1585) finally reformed the Julian calendar. Ironically, by the time the Catholic church buckled under the weight of the scientific reasoning that pointed out the error, it had lost much of its power to implement the fix. Protestant tract writers responded to Gregory’s calendar by calling him the "Roman Antichrist" and claiming that its real purpose was to keep true Christians from worshiping on the correct days. The "new" calendar, as we know it today, was not adopted uniformly across Europe until well into the 18th century.

The Ancient Egyptians' knowledge of geometry and Precession is clearly demonstrated on the Nermer Plate. The centre point is the tip of the White Leo/Gemini Crown. Line One is through the Club. Line Two bisects the Crown. This creates four angles each of 90 degrees. Line Three is the horizontal at the tip of the Crown. Line Four is the vertical through the tip of the Crown. Already the formation of angles of 30 degrees can be observed. The tip of the White Leo/Gemini Crown becomes a dot within a circle; the Ancient Egyptian hieroglyph for Ra and the concept of Precession. It is the pinnacle of the Axis Munde around which the heavens appear to revolve. (See Part 5) A revolution through the heavens of twelve 30-degree segments can take one year or, in the case of Precession of the Ages of the Zodiac, 25920 years. The division of the heavens into twelve 30-degree segments gives the appearance of a starburst. A further division into 15-degree segments creates the 24-hour day.

That was taken directly from the site I gave you in my OP. There is more there as well stating how they kept track of time.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

could you point me to where the masonic symbols are at? I am interested in the 2012 phenomenon, and I agree that I don't think it will be the end of the world. But as a mason, I have never encountered any significance to that date. Maybe I'm just a low level mason thought.

You obviously didn't read the site then. It is littered with masonic symbols.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why should we be dependent on astrology like the ancients were? Sorry but the precession of the equinoxes does not mean certain doom or even massive changes in any way. This planet has been here for four billion years and in that time never once has anything astrological threatened us (mainly because astrology is superstitious hogwash). Sorry but this only proves 2012 has significance to people who like to follow the Zodiac. I doubt TPTB are dumb enough to follow this superstition, though perhaps they are as obsessed with the ancients as everyone claims... Still I have my doubts

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Alright, so you finally made the thread! but I thought you demanded all of us did our own research

Anyway, this is actually pretty interesting, and doesn't seem so far out there! But I do want to challenge your non-egypt based points; specifically, the one about antarctica et cetera once being tropical. They were once tropical because they were at adifferent part of the world, not because the world's climate was different; Antarcica used to be near the equator, and attached to what is now Europe. So I really doubt that has any connection.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The seed vaults and a pole shift makes sense, since they would end up in a warmer environment, would be interesting to know if a seed-vault was built in the Antarctica as well, the northern and known vault is located at Svalbard, Norway. The ages is quite interesting too, each major world spans 3 ages each 2160 years and then a new world, each zodiac advance with +3 months i.e ancient pre-Egypt dynasty world jun (Leo June 21, 10948BCE.), current sept (Taurus, sept 21st, 4468BCE) and upcoming world/zodiac dec (Aquarius, December 21 2012AD). The next world after Aquarius would start march 21, 8492AD.

THE GRAND AGES AND THE COMING OF AQUARIUS
Read more here: www.greatdreams.com...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The fact that antartica, and alaska, and the sahara desert were once tropical, prove that the Earth can go though major changes like that. It is possible that the united states could turn into the north pole. I am not saying it would be an instant event. It is possible it could be an instant event. When scientists look at the ice core samples they do see rapid changes. Same with lava flow. Very fast changes are evident, but we have not lived in those times to prove this. So all we can do, is call it BS, until it happens to us, then say oops.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Okay, but just real quick, yes or no question: Are you accounting for the fact that to move from tropical to polar, Antarctica physically moved? And that for the U.S. to move up to the north pole, we too would have to move? Your ideas are commensurable with that, but it still sounds to me like you aren't believing it.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am not talking about astrology. I am talking about the zodiac. The oldest known calender ever made. No one can even date how far back the zodiac goes. It has been proven to be accurate. Not just by the egyptians, but by everyone. Even modern scientists have been able to calculate the zodiac, in the same way the ancients did. There is a thing called the great year. That great year is 26,000 years long. It is measurable from the earth because our view of the stars changes by one degree every 72 years. We are moving through the constellations. The ancients saw this, we see this. And here you are telling me its superstitious hogwash? The zodiac is the single most impressive thing ever made. Perhaps you should maybe, read something about it before coming to a conclusion that its BS, or perhaps the world is still flat, and the sun is rotating around us.... We are told we go around the sun, but we can't prove it. We can only take the scientists word for it. So perhaps nothing we have ever learned is true. Maybe its all superstitious hogwash?

[edit on 28-2-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
It's the same story told by many cultures.

...is it really the same story?... or are the interpretations of outsiders making it appear that way?...

...the latter gets my vote - because - imo, people not reared in a particular culture (outsiders) have the tendency to believe they have the ability to not only fully understand that culture's phrophecies, practices and traditions but, also, to define them... the outsider's own bias (sub-concious conditioning) will insure that their interpretation is inaccurate...

...i've been guilty of that and surely will again...

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Eventially when all the pieces of the puzzle are finally put together the truth and knowledge will be known to all.

...the truth could turn out to be that some folks were so desperate to validate their version of their pet phrophecy that they tried to force it to manifest - or - it could turn out that making it appear that a phrophecy is manifesting is profitable...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

If there was a such thing as a geographical polar shift, which, I personally believe is accurate. Then yes, I believe it is possible for great land masses to shift across the liquid mantle in which they sit. All it would take, is some sort of extra gravitational pull. Like crossing the plane of the galactic equator. Or even the rumoured 10th planet, or binary star system we are in. I, like you, am a skeptic. However, I have been research this to death over the years. And in all honestly, 2012 is of major signifigance. I have yet to find out that 2012 is a hoax, and I have searched in many places. Everything, every single ancient civilization, religion, and modern scienct back up the fact that the time we are living in right now, is very interesting. The whole time era surrounding 2012 has so many different prohecies which seem to be coming true. The evidence is amazing. Even the zodiac ends on dec 21 2012, and that to me is just crazy. How many coincidences can there be? Honestly, how many?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join