It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 61, Arrested for asking 'why'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Four women, two of them well into middle age, were discussing funeral plans for a friend when an Atlanta police officer told them to move.

Three did but one asked "why." In answer to her question, Minnie Carey, then 61, was handcuffed, put into a police wagon and taken to jail, where she was held for nine hours.

"I was blown away," Carey told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I had heard about people in the community being harassed by the police ... It really didn't shock me as much as it probably would have if I had not heard of people going to jail for no reason. I figured I was just another one.

“What we have here is an abuse of power. He abused his power of having a badge and a gun,” said Kirschenbaum. “That [now] 62-year-old woman got handcuffed, put in a paddy wagon and held in jail for nine hours."

“I was very upset and very angry. Here I am being treated as if I’m not a human, not a citizen of this country,” Carey said in an interview. “I was in this little hot box. There was no air. I was perspiring so much my glasses were sliding off my face.”

www.informationliberation.com...

Just another case of how insane the lunatic's, that call themselves law enforcement officers, have become....

We heard from the nuts in Florida and the psychopaths in Texas , this latest article is from the tyrannical deranged thugs from Georgia...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Policestate Usa where they can do just about anything in the power of the patriot act...Well you have build your country to what it is today..like it or change it...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

The usurping illegitimate son of a Georgian, gives a bad name to Barney Fife,
Keystone cop’s name is Dolson. An officer for the Atlanta Police Dept. He has had 18 complaints filed against him and 3 are pending. APD states that he has been "suspended without pay for an unrelated incident.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What is going on with law enforcement..?..?..

Is it a 'power trip' or are they psychopaths.......

Why are they doing this..?..

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Complete abuse of power.

remember all those nerds, that you used to laugh at, and make fun of at school ??? gues what .....

THEIR COPS !!!

My cousin was falsely arrested,... luckily he had a complete psychopath of a public defender who actualy fought for him. ... and even after the officer LIED on the stand, they were able to prove he lied, and he got off.

Yet are they punished for lying on the stand ?

One of my friends was recently falsely arrested as well, .... an officer drove by and shouted " what the f##k did you say ". My friend just continued walking, ..... the officer then drove around the block, came back and arrested him.

My friend didn't know why, ... in the report the officer gave him some bogus charge like " pedestrian unsafely doing something" ..... and claimed my friend was standing in the middle of the street, and he had to swerve to avoid hitting him.

This officer also lied on the stand, .... yet it was my friend who bit the bullet this time, and went to jail.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I would be interested in seeing a number of complaints vs. number of officers in the US.

This individual had 18 complaints alone, in addtion to being on leave without pay. Instances where one bad cop gives more a bad name, of course, there are instance where whole departments have issues.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wait until martial law comes.

They don't even need to cuff you and cart you off to jail for disobeying an order.

They can just shoot you in the head where you stand. All perfectly legal too.........

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Martial law has supposedly been just around the corner more times than i've had hot dinners. Anyway, this sounds typical. There may be more to the story but i know the types of officers who huff and puff when you undermine their absolute authority(in their eyes) and then take silly actions against you. Don't even try to tell one of these guys your rights.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Solomons]

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think you have it backwards. It is the ex- jocks who are cops. The nerds went off to school and became scientists, doctors, lawyers, and astronauts.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Police are human too and prone to abuse and misuse of power. I've seen it first hand and heard of it many times...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I hope I don't run into that cop when I have my 3 year old with me. She's always asking "why?".

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Monsieur Neary]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Wait until martial law comes.

They don't even need to cuff you and cart you off to jail for disobeying an order.

They can just shoot you in the head where you stand. All perfectly legal too.........

My fear is that if martial law does come and the sh!t hits the fan, uniformed officers probably will be the first target......people are getting sick of their abuse!....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Just another case of how insane the lunatic's, that call themselves law enforcement officers, have become....

So your statement is that not only do you believe anything you read in the newspaper without question if it happens to match your beliefs, but that you are readily willing to vilify police officers, most of which are decent, law protecting citizens as insane lunatics.

You labelling them in this way implies that you propose law enforcement be closed down and police officers locked into a psychiatry, correct?

tyrannical deranged thugs

Your irrational hatred presumably comes from the fact that you've commited crimes and have been arrested or handled by law enforcement?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

uniformed officers probably will be the first target......people are getting sick of their abuse!....

Are you openly threatening with violence against law enforcement on a public discussion board?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I just wonder if we're being told everything here.

There's a polite way to ask, "Why?"

And then there are other ways.

Not that it gives the police officer the right to necessarily arrest the lady, but I do wonder if something more happened.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

This is true, never argue with an officer at the scene. Remember all that is pertinent to the incident, take notes if possible. when you day in court comes, be your own lawyer, and put that officer in the stand. Now he/she is at your mercy. Ask where their authority comes from? They always answer the same, "from the State." Well, the "State" is an act of Congress, and also know this, all court cases are either Civil or Criminal. There is no "Statutory" court. Prove this to any judge, and you have won without firing a shot. Be certain this is on your driver's license where you sign:

"Without Prejudice, UCC 1-308

If a judge sees that, like when you ask the officer where he got your address, he will dismiss.

6.a. you had reserved your Common Law rights under the UCC;

b. you had done it sufficiently by writing "Without Prejudice, UCC 1-308 (old 1-207)" on your driver's license;

c. the statute would now have to be read on harmony with the Common Law, and the Common Law says the statute exists, but there is no injured party; and

d. since there is no injured party or complaining witness, the court has no jurisdiction under the Common Law.

5. If the judge tries to move ahead and try the facts of the case, then you will want to ask him the following question:

Your Honor, let me understand this correctly, has the court made a judicial determination that it has authority under the jurisdiction that it is operating under, to ignore two sections of the Uniform Commercial Code which have been called to its attention? If he says, yes, tell him that you put the court on notice that you will appeal that judicial determination, and that if you are damaged by his actions, you will sue him in Common Law action - under the jurisdiction of the U.C.C.

Here is another good way to always win, and make money at it too.

You are in the courtroom waiting for the bailiff to call your name, when your "name" is called, stand up and ask plainly if this court is on the record. After making certain you are on record, say this to the judge:

Judge, I am the Beneficiary of the Trust. I now appoint your, Judge XXXX, as Trustee of the Trust. I now instruct you, Trustee, to pay me, from the Court fund, the sum of $$$ (whatever you want, don't be greedy) You put them in a corner, they will leave the field.

I got this last from a retired Criminal Courts Judge of 42 years.

Know the Law, or be a Victim of it.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Your irrational hatred presumably comes from the fact that you've commited crimes and have been arrested or handled by law enforcement?

Your assumption is totally wrong..
....never been arrested and my father is a retired lieutenant from Maryland...

I've seen and heard enough to come to my conclusion.

Are you openly threatening with violence against law enforcement on a public discussion board?

Wrong again......I said

My fear is that if martial law does come and the sh!t hits the fan, uniformed officers probably will be the first target......people are getting sick of their abuse!....

You ass-ume too much....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

[my father is a retired lieutenant from Maryland...

That could explain your rage against legitimate authority. Tough childhood?

So you take hearsay without a shred of evidence vilify all law enforcement employees, many of whom have family and children and pay taxes as

a) Tyrants
b) Psychopaths
c) Insane
d) Lunatics

and predict violence be used against your fellow citizens.

So the question arises: Why? What did a police officer do to you for you to smear the entire profession which includes Millions of people worldwide?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

So the question arises: Why? What did a police officer do to you for you to smear the entire profession which includes Millions of people worldwide?

B.A.R.T. officer executes innocent civilian..

Enough said.....what you do to my brother you do to me...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by rainfall]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That has nothing to do with my questions regarding your OP. Where is the evidence that the woman in the OP was arrested for no reason?

You stand here today with the announcement that police officers ARE

a) Tyrants
b) Psychopaths
c) Insane
d) Lunatics

so let me ask you: Do you feel the same way about their families or only law enforcement employees?

And most importantly: Do you believe that criminals are not

a) Tyrants
b) Psychopaths
c) Insane
d) Lunatics

???

Enough said.....what you do to my brother you do to me...

What did I do to your brother?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join