It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this should go here or not but here goes. Sometimes I can see auras I used to do it with teachers which most of their were white except this one substitutes which was black. Anyway was in class today (college) and I was writing some notes and I noticed the pen had like a white light around it and even the page was kinda showing some white light.

When I wrote down the stuff on the board my pen had basically a white aura it looked like to me. This was towards the beginning of class so I wasn't bored yet. I thought it was weird.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by sandman441]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can nearly see auras... maybe you where concentrated on something so much you transferred your aura to it?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I never saw absolute colors. I've seen yellow, pink, or blue. I've seen a few people's words as color. They have been blue or brown. I vaguely reading of a theory that a few people have certain connections in the brain that allow this phenomenon.

Whether or not we can associate certain colors as bad, calm, or peaceful seems to be relative.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not saying you're wrong or you don't as I belive auras are real myself, seeing as you se white, have you considered that you are looking at the object of attention intently for more than 30 seconds?

Have you ever been accused of staring?

its not an accusation, just that if you do, it's most likely an optical illusion that burns like a sort of image in to you eye, especially against monochrome backgrounds.

There is a fun one, where you look at a black and white picture of Jesus (no religious thingies implied either, it just was) for 30 secs and then look away, and hey presto you see Jesus!!

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe in auras, but I am thinking what you saw was a tick of the eyes. If you stare at something dark for a while when you move your eyes away you will see light in the same shape. I believe there is a psychological theory called color-opponent process theory or something like that which describes this phenomena. I have noticed it before when I stared at myself in the mirror and then when I moved my eyes away I saw light around my head, I thought it was my aura but it wasn't...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I have seen stuff that is similar to that since I was quite young and first noticed it on teachers too. In my case the usual color is blueish green. But can be almost any color. Even when I was little I thought it was probably some kind of artifact related to vision dysfunction. It so happens that your eye sends many 'pictures' of the same moment at the same time to your brain which puts them all back together to give us a representation of things (see Scientific American April 2007 Volume 296 Number 4 pg. 72 "The Movies in Our Eyes by Frank Werblin and Botond Roska). A misalignment of any of those 'sub-frames' of our optical information might look like an aura, and would likely be in different colors depending on the 'sub-frame' out of alignment.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well Op as everyone stated it is a trick of the eyes most likely, however if you meant that a large portion of the pen had the "aura" then it is possible as the aura would flow arround the object you come in contact with.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I dimly recall when I was a kid, numbers had colour, and a 'weight' or feeling to them. Never heard tell of that before.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

were you under the influence ?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
To the OP, I would definately consider some of the valuable suggestions given here about dysfunction in the eyes.

However, what some of the posters describe sounds like synesthesia. I have always been interested in this disorder.

In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored

Synesthesia

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Auras on an object like a pen. Very interesting. I will ask my youngest if she sees this. She sees auras surrounding people, at least she has talked to me about that. Never thought to ask her about inanimate objects. What puzzles me is she says she either sees no aura surrounding me, or sometimes she sees a swirl of a variety of colors surrounding me.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Everything gives off auras, including pens. You can see auras around objects if you slightly unfocus your eyes. One of the best ways to see auras is to simply try to appreciate the buety in the object you're focusing on.

I read a book years ago called "How to see and read auras" and it appears you are seeing them naturally without the training. Most people need to practice to be able to see auras.

edit- Living things give off a stronger aura then inanimate objects.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by lafcadio]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I have not. I was in class and copying stuff off of the board so I don't think I was staring or concentrating too hard. I also was not under the influence I don't do drugs or drink alcohol.

It was just kind of a weird thing I saw. I've seen it one other time before this years ago. Though after noticing it Like I was looking right at it for a few seconds. I didn't see it after that.

Originally posted by anubis9311
Well Op as everyone stated it is a trick of the eyes most likely, however if you meant that a large portion of the pen had the "aura" then it is possible as the aura would flow arround the object you come in contact with.

Yeah could have been a trick of the eye. from what I remember of it I noticed it on the tip of the pen and then on the paper. It was kind of like as I was writing it was moving too. Yeah I mean I was just more curious as if anybody else had something like this happen. Even after I noticed it I kinda just watched it and it didn't disappear or anything.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by sandman441]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

I have not. I was in class and copying stuff off of the board so I don't think I was staring or concentrating too hard. I also was not under the influence I don't do drugs or drink alcohol.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by sandman441]

Hey don't et me wrong I was no t accusing you of drink or drugs.

Just that sometime we zone out, I know do from time to time.

As I said in my original post the white light around inanimate objects is a known phenomenon!. from looking at a monochromatic image for too long

Ochams Razor mate!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hey don't et me wrong I was no t accusing you of drink or drugs.

Just that sometime we zone out, I know do from time to time.

As I said in my original post the white light around inanimate objects is a known phenomenon!. from looking at a monochromatic image for too long

Ochams Razor mate!

oh sorry I know was trying to kinda answer more than one reply in there I shoulda quoted everything. Haha yeah I zone out alot too and I do know I wasn't doing that yet cause it was within 10 minutes of class starting and I'm usually zoning in and out within 30-40 minutes so I wasn't zoning out. Hmm maybe but the guy has some bad handwriting and I was only concentrating on getting it down word by word. So I kept switching from the board to my paper.

It coulda just been the sun or something but it was kinda weird.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I dimly recall when I was a kid, numbers had colour, and a 'weight' or feeling to them. Never heard tell of that before.

Funny you make mention of this....I didn't exactly see numbers as colors...(and this is going to REALLY sound strange....but it was as if each number had its own "personality" )best way to describe it)....I could really sense this up until I was around age 10....now, (i am age 43)...it's just a faint memory...but...kinda strange to read this comment as I have NEVER, EVER told anyone about the numbers thing...cause it just sounds insane....

Peace ya'll

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Funny you make mention of this....I didn't exactly see numbers as colors...(and this is going to REALLY sound strange....but it was as if each number had its own "personality" )best way to describe it)....I could really sense this up until I was around age 10....now, (i am age 43)...it's just a faint memory...but...kinda strange to read this comment as I have NEVER, EVER told anyone about the numbers thing...cause it just sounds insane....

Peace ya'll

Isn't that interesting? I had the feel for the 'personality' as well...what I was alluding to with 'weight'. Yet today I have no skill with numbers...I joke that I have to take my shoes off to count to 20. An above poster provided the following link which explains things a bit:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I saw "auras" in a photo my husband just took of white pelicans. They are beautiful, silvery white.

top topics

join