It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's raining fish ... no really

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's raining fish ... no really

www.ntnews.com.au

The freak phenomena happened not once, but twice, on Thursday and Friday afternoon about 6pm at Lajamanu, about 550km southwest of Katherine.
Lajamanu sits on the edge of the Tanami Desert, hundreds of kilometres from Lake Argyle and Lake Elliott and even further from the coast. But it's not the first time the remote community has been bombarded by fins from above.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The whole fish/frogs falling from the sky thing - Theories!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The fish are identified as Spangled perch an Australian native freshwater fish.
A good probability the Spangled perch came from either Lake Argyle or Lake Elliott.

Weather bureau senior forecaster Ashley Patterson... said it would have been an ideal weather situation to allow the phenomena to occur - but no tornados have been reported to the authority.

"These fish were alive when they hit the ground."

Lajamanu ( 18°20'19.84"S 130°38'12.28"E ) sits on the edge of the Tanami Desert, hundreds of kilometres from Lake Argyle and Lake Elliott and even further from the coast.

Zelong.

www.ntnews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would hurry up and gather as many as possible and start scaling! Free fish is free fish, after all. Even if it is a sign of the end times, no reason to die on an empty stomach.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well isn't that completely bizzarre.

Perhaps this has something to do with the Chile earthquake?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm very perplexed by this. How long do fish stay alive out of water? How on earth (literally) did this happen? I've seen the movie magnolia before. I just never thought this was truly possible. What can cause this? Hurricanes?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It almost seems like a strange glitch. It's almost as if out universe is a computer program the suffers from an odd glitch here and there.

Fish and frogs falling from the sky... Whoops that wasn't supposed to happen!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Waterspouts is what causes it:

Waterspouts are capable of capturing objects and animals and lifting them into the air. Under this theory, waterspouts or tornados transport animals to relatively high altitudes, carrying them over large distances. The winds are capable of carrying the animals over a relatively wide area and allow them to fall in a concentrated fashion in a localized area. More specifically, some tornadoes can completely suck up a pond, letting the water and animals fall some distance away in the form of a rain of animals.

It's happened a number of times.

No end times here. move along.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Supposedly, fish can survive long periods of time out of water.

BUT!!! I really can't see this as a natural event, especially since the scene was somewhat far from a water source. Like Nomad said, it seems kinda like a computer glitch. It seems so weird.

Maybe we are living in some sort of hologram or "Matrix". Reminds me of Matrix Reloaded, when the oracle is speaking about the glitches in the system, and that's the reason for ghosts, UFOs etc.

I don't buy into the whole fake world theory, but just laying it out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
Supposedly, fish can survive long periods of time out of water.

BUT!!! I really can't see this as a natural event, especially since the scene was somewhat far from a water source. Like Nomad said, it seems kinda like a computer glitch. It seems so weird.

Maybe we are living in some sort of hologram or "Matrix". Reminds me of Matrix Reloaded, when the oracle is speaking about the glitches in the system, and that's the reason for ghosts, UFOs etc.

I don't buy into the whole fake world theory, but just laying it out there.

Was there a C-130 flying overhead at the time?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The theory has long been that this is caused by waterspouts. Although, Charles Fort reported some similar cases in his book Lo! where fish, frogs, and numerous other organisms hundreds of miles from their natural habitat.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

You think like me: Quick, freeze them. Free fishsticks for everyone for a year!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In addition to Charles Fort's collection of anecdotes, such "rains" have been so frequently reported that, bizarrely, they appear to be natural phenomena!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have seen this before when I was a kid. I guess they were picked up by a tornado from the river and dumped on land miles away. We found them everywhere and living in puddles in the streets.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is known as a "Fortean Phenomenon". It has been ongoing for a long time: frogs of all the same species, fish of all the same species, little pond pebbles, blobs of "manna", ice chunks. All dropped without the surrounding mud, pond-weed etc.

See: Wikipedia Link to Charles Fort
Also See: raining animals

[edit on 27-2-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Great a witness, thanks Sky watcher
. and what location was your sighting and was there any news reports.

Zelong.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
It almost seems like a strange glitch. It's almost as if out universe is a computer program the suffers from an odd glitch here and there.

Fish and frogs falling from the sky... Whoops that wasn't supposed to happen!

There is a good book that explores exactly that ---The Universe is a simulated reality. The author is an electrical engineer from MIT if I remember correctly.
He leads the reader into the premise and goes through all the paranormal and quantum mechanics states to arrive to this conclusion and by the end of the book one gives a serious thought about the Universe being a computer generated reality.
At least I did.

Here is his book.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c578d8169277.gif[/atsimg]

1. Fish are picked up from lake 2. Cloud moves over urban area and drops fish

news.bbc.co.uk...

... or ... God did it

[edit on 27-2-2010 by nophun]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
frogs of all the same species, fish of all the same species, little pond pebbles, blobs of "manna", ice chunks. All dropped without the surrounding mud, pond-weed etc.

Yeah, that makes me wonder as well. If a large quantity of water was snatched up by a natural phenomena, then where's the rest of the stuff that was in the water along with the fish?

I can stretch my mind enough to allow the explanation of a huge school of fish all swimming together in open water, but a school of frogs? Nah...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Theres an excellent episode of Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World all to do with this subject, its a little old but has some great interviews about this phenomena.

I especially like the one where the old couples house gets rained on with beans and other assorted veges

Its not a new phenomena, but still one that makes you scratch your head... especially since it hasnt really been reported for quite some time, or at least i havent seen any recent mention of it (and by that at least the last 15 years).

Nice to see it still happens

Edit:- hmmm the links refusing to work
, nvm I fixed it

[edit on 27-2-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

I can stretch my mind enough to allow the explanation of a huge school of fish all swimming together in open water, but a school of frogs? Nah...

That's a valid point Conspiracy Pianist
frogs get a mention with no Tadpoles as well there should be more Tadpoles than Frogs

I can confirm how frogs can get picked up on mass as I've had a problem with frogs since Dec 09'
There was 2,000 plus frogs in my front yard and up and down the street
that came from my pool(fifty thousand litre) 50' by 20' so I sat out side for a few nights to work out the best way to get rid of them with out emptying the pool my findings were

1. There were 8-12 bull frogs only ever
  2. 2-3,000 tadpoles, the whole surface would move
  3. every month the frogs move out and migrate
  4. Frogs stay in the trees and bushes rather than stay in the water, tadpoles in, Frogs out

So at the time of a Full Moon Frogs can be plenty full so are Tadpoles.
For frogs only to be picked up may mean the tornado was not powerful enough to suck the water up, a thought.

Zelong

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join