It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING To the World - Future Earthquakes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I wanted to warn the entire world that there is going to be a large string of powerful earthquakes in the very near future across the globe. Haiti was only the start.

2010 will be full of lots of earthquake damage. I wanted to warn you earlier but I didn't know if it was true or not, but now I know it is.

I certainly believe California will be hit hard this year, and in the very near future, so be on your toes.

You will see a rise this month and next month.

This message is so that I can say I warned you.

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I wanted to warn the entire world that there is going to be a large string of powerful earthquakes in the very near future across the globe. Haiti was only the start.

2010 will be full of lots of earthquake damage. I wanted to warn you earlier but I didn't know if it was true or not, but now I know it is.

I certainly believe California will be hit hard this year, and in the very near future, so be on your toes.

You will see a rise this month and next month.

This message is so that I can say I warned you.

Good Luck

Agreed, I know Las Angels is going to be hit hard with a 9.6. just watch!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately I agree. I absolutely agree. I am going to go ahead and predict that this thread is going to be largely filled with others who agree and sense this earth change.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So you waited until another devastating earthquake hit to make this thread?
It looks like you're trying to get your topic read by posting it at this time in a bid to get flags/stars from all the paranoid end-of-the-world people.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Looks are deceiving.

No I'm not trying to ride a bandwagon.

I successfully predicted the last 3 earthquakes, and so that finally convinced me that I should warn you about the next ones that may also happen.

California is next. I am putting my money on it.

Just watch.

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I don't question your ability whatsoever, I know certain people have the gift of premonition, but are you sure its actually California ?? The San Andreas ??
The reason I'm asking is I also have the "gift" to a certain degree and for quite a while now I've been picking up on Cascadia, which would hit Seattle for sure, but I don't know if it would affect California ??

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

There will be quakes all over the globe, not just California. It could be anywhere.

I'm told when one part of the Earth shakes, the shock waves travel around Earth and start to shake other earthquake prone areas. Energy built up in the crust of the Earth starts to release.

Also, the earthquakes will be in places that large earthquakes have happened before. So it shouldn't be bad at all, and nobody should worry or anything.... just stay on your toes.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If you all truly had a gift,you would have predicted the quake in Illinois and the one in Ohio.

There is no gift in predicting quakes anywhere around the Pacific rim.

It is logical there are going to eventually be one. some where on the west coast.

I am hoping it devastates San Francisco.

Then we can all talk about how god is punishing all the gays for electing Nancy Pelosi continually.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I wanted to warn the entire world that there is going to be a large string of powerful earthquakes in the very near future across the globe.

First earthquake since my post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Magnitude 5.7 - HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN
2010 February 27 23:21:13 UTC
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There is more to come...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Right after I wrote the original post there was a 6.3 in SALTA, ARGENTINA:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Another 6.2 in Chile just now:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Source:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

More to come....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Every once in a while the Earth will experiance a rash of natural disasters. It can take the form of earthquakes or other natural disasters. Since our world wide communication capability has increased the probability when some thing happens, some where, we all hear about it in under 12hrs. That alone may give the impression we are having more disasters, where we may just be able to report them better. I would have to peek at the seizemic and geological data to get a real picture of whats going on. In effect given the huge force of the the recent quakes point to fewer Earth quakes, but the ones we have are super massive. Given the threat along the New Madrid fault, and the identification of numerous super volcanoes around the world I draw a different analysis.

Wishfull thinking perhaps but I hope Earthquakes do their part to relieve preasure off those super volcanoes. If not, if just one goes boom (the biggest threat are Indonisia, Yellowstone, the Siberian Trapps, and northern India.) its most likely some thing we would rather not be around to experiance. The effect on our world of just one going off would exceed by several thousand times the effects of a total global thermonuclear war. There would of course be very little comparitive radiation. It just woulden't matter. The nearest event that could devastate the planet to such an extent would be an asteroid strike.

I do not say you are wrong, I just don't know how a non-geologist like my self can evaluate stuff that seems confusing, and it would appear quite random.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is kind of like warning the world of hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...Obviously, everyone knows they are going to happen...the question is where and when and to what severity. So, with your warning, what do you suggest? That no one enter any structure in a earthquake zone? Move to higher ground? Or are you simply stating the obvious...strong earthquakes will occur in the future just as they have in the past......

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This topic was originally in the Fragile Earth section, and the mods moved it to this Personal Predictions forum, not me.

I am not here trying to convince you I am physic. I don't give a flying [SNIP] what any of you think about me.

I am here telling you that there will be an increase in earthquake activity this year based off of knowledge that I have, and the rest of the world doesn't.

If you don't want to believe me, then go ahead and move on with your life. If you want to believe me, then just "be aware". Fix your house so that you are safe. Earthquake proof your home.... (should already be done) If you don't want to do this fine, just don't [SNIP] cry when you are dead or your family is dead like you all did when Haiti killed everyone.

There were people on top of mountains saying that Haiti is a time bomb ready to happen because it's sitting on a major fault line. Nobody listened... and guess what happen...

Someone on ATS even made a thread complaining "How come psychics didn't warn about the Haiti earthquake?".... well because you people act like a bunch of fools when someone tells you to be "aware" of the future.

Your doubt will be your death. So YOU STFU! Or should I just type this

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Civility and decorum are expected -Please review this link.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
This is kind of like warning the world of hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...Obviously, everyone knows they are going to happen...the question is where and when and to what severity. So, with your warning, what do you suggest? That no one enter any structure in a earthquake zone? Move to higher ground? Or are you simply stating the obvious...strong earthquakes will occur in the future just as they have in the past......

Understanding the nature of natural disasters, One has to prepare based on the local risk. And thats based on where you live. For me we have three types of natural disasters that can be game changers. It may seem odd, but even as a very young child I was always leary about living near the coast. When I lived in Australia on Bondi beach, I owned a motor bike. This could take me safely to the blue mountains in an hour. I assumed the roads would be crammed with cars. Where I come from, and have lived most my life is in the American midwest, the so called upper midwest. We had few things we had to be concerned about. However...

We do from time to time get some very vicious tornados. My house is built like a bomb shelter. Not that I built it, it was built by an ex SAC General. In 1975 a tornado utterly destroyed the town of Zenia Ohio. It looked from the air they had droped a nuke. So it happens from time to time. The other problem we have in Minneapolis is some times the Miss. river over flows its banks. I don't live near the river and so don't worry to much about it. But I have federal flood insurance in case a watermain breaks. The last one is a blizzard or super cold spell, (we get the later a lot). For that I supplement my power with solar cells, and I have a generator in my back yard that runs off of natural gas or can run off gasoline from my cars.

So the best thing you can do is to evaluate where you are. What are the likely dangers and how to mitigate them. If your in or around yellowstone, and it blows, the blast wave at 100mph will over come any chance to escape. You may not want to hear this but its the truth. Another good habit to get into is to pay special attention to the news. I don't mean local news, at least not most of the time. But the cable news channels. A very good news source if all you have is radio is your local National Public Radio station.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Understanding the nature of natural disasters, One has to prepare based on the local risk. And thats based on where you live. For me we have three types of natural disasters that can be game changers. It may seem odd, but even as a very young child I was always leary about living near the coast. When I lived in Australia on Bondi beach, I owned a motor bike. This could take me safely to the blue mountains in an hour. I assumed the roads would be crammed with cars. Where I come from, and have lived most my life is in the American midwest, the so called upper midwest. We had few things we had to be concerned about. However...

We do from time to time get some very vicious tornados. My house is built like a bomb shelter. Not that I built it, it was built by an ex SAC General. In 1975 a tornado utterly destroyed the town of Zenia Ohio. It looked from the air they had droped a nuke. So it happens from time to time. The other problem we have in Minneapolis is some times the Miss. river over flows its banks. I don't live near the river and so don't worry to much about it. But I have federal flood insurance in case a watermain breaks. The last one is a blizzard or super cold spell, (we get the later a lot). For that I supplement my power with solar cells, and I have a generator in my back yard that runs off of natural gas or can run off gasoline from my cars.

So the best thing you can do is to evaluate where you are. What are the likely dangers and how to mitigate them. If your in or around yellowstone, and it blows, the blast wave at 100mph will over come any chance to escape. You may not want to hear this but its the truth. Another good habit to get into is to pay special attention to the news. I don't mean local news, at least not most of the time. But the cable news channels. A very good news source if all you have is radio is your local National Public Radio station.

You did make mention of earthquakes, and I really diden't cover that in my last post. As a general rule, no area on Earth has just one earthquake. After shocks can exceed the power of the original quake. Your pretty safe if in a magnitude of 7.1 if the building has its load beering structures reinforced with rebar. Recently we have seen earthquakes much more powerfull by hundreds of times. We just don't have the data as to what happens. Buildings can twist and contort above 7.2. That can in theory snap the rebar, but oddly I have not seen evidence of that. (I do scan civil engineering journals after a major event, sometimes very usefull data is not picked up by the main news sources, but their getting better.)

Of course, blocks or bricks stacked up on top of each other with out mortor (good) or rebar (better) is what we saw in Haiti. I think some one could sneeze and those buildings would fall. In an earthquake you have two major types of ground movement. You have up and down, or thrust forces. And you have side to side, or shear forces. Construction types can be vulnerable to one over another. If your building your own house and really got money to burn, I have told people to incorporate earthquake protection into new buildings. An earthquake can happen any where on earth, their just more likely in some areas. The most powerfull earthquake to hit the US was the New Madrid MO. quake in the early 19th century.

It was mind boggling, perhaps a 9 or greater. It was sparcely populated, and still killed several hundred. To give you an idea how strong, a magnitude 6.5 will knock you to the ground, and you won't be able to stand up untill it's over. Above that objects are thrown up in the air. If you can in effect build a building that incorporates section isolation, it will wobble but because the main body slides independant of the ground contact, your building and you will make it. Having auto-shut gas lines is very important. The isolation concept is how the buildings inside NORAD are built on giant shock absorbers.

If your just not sure how safe it is to go back inside, don't. You need an engineer to check it out. Some fist responders are trained in "structural integrity, 101" After a massive quake, professionals are going to be scarce. Assuming they survived, they will have their hands full. Its a good idea to own a sleeping bag, pup tent, and camping stove. You might need them awhile.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I predict that there will be earthquakes and hurricanes this year. I also predict something big will happen dealing with our government. See... i can do it too. Honestly I am not attempting to be a dick on the subject but such a dull prediction stating that there WILL be future earthquakes is kind of like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow morning. Its not so much a prediction but basic knowledge that everyone who isn't ignorant possesses. I am just saying maybe show some proof behind your statement and get more specific when dealing with such a broad statement.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Do not post something if your not prepared for some negative feedback either. Being negative is no way to get people to take you seriously. I do believe Cali will be going down in the future...that's inevitable.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

the only reason I agree with you on the earth quakes are going to rise this year, is because there has been over 20 earthquakes already over 6.0. For those who don't know too much about earthquakes, any thing that is higher than 5.0, is quite capable of taking down some buildings. So anything above 6.0 is pretty dangerous. Even though a lot of these have been in the ocean, a increase is a increase. We also must keep in mind though, there is a lot more USGS that have been placed around the globe now, so there is a lot more to know about now. But do believe this year will be very interesting, for large earth quakes.

Since the last 9.1 earthquake that shifted us of our axis a little, I believe this one would have also done the same. Which could also count for a very dramatic climate change. Last time scientist notice that birds were migrating earlier than normal, and season times change as well. So we will find out within the next year how much this earthquake has disrupted our planet again. Peace to all

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Trappedinspace]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
HE HATH SPOKEN!!! PRAISE HIS WORD FOR IT SHALL BE!!!

I perdict that we're all going to die at some point in our lives.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join