It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE/Astral Projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Good Evening All,

Ok, first off, I know there are many threads on these subjects but I felt the need to start my own. Mods if this is in the wrong place, please move appropriately and accept my apologies.

I became interested in this subject about 2-3 months ago and started reading and researching all I could. I have a gang of reference e-books and threads bookmarked for reference. I have been so unsuccessful in my attempts. I have not given up...yet.

On to the nature of my post tonight. Is it possible for someone travelling astrally to "pull" another out? Whether it be voluntary or against the wishes of the one being pulled out of body? In all my reading I have not run across this subject. My intentions are not bad and the reason I ask is because I was wondering if someone more adept in this subject is able to pull me out. I have also read that meditation is one of the keys as well. I guess I don't know how to meditate. Even after all the reading I have done. I guess I would rather have the words straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, from someone experienced. My mind is open to the concept but I don't think I believe with every fibre of my being yet and maybe that why I have not been able to do it.

I have also read mixed reports. Some say this is bad and satanic in nature while other say that it is not. Some say there is danger of evil entities taking over your body while others say it is perfectly safe.

If there is anyone out there that would care to lend a hand or give me some feedback I would be greatly appreciative. Feel free to write back here or U2U me. I am not to comfortable just throwing my email addy out and I believe to be against forum rules. So if there is anyone out there that could act as a mentor, we can do so through email.

Thanks All!!

-Nate

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Is it possible for someone travelling astrally to "pull" another out? Whether it be voluntary or against the wishes of the one being pulled out of body?
I'm guessing it's very possible, but that's a guess...if it is possible, it's most likely that there isn't a single human on Earth capable of this...you'll probably need the help of a highly advanced ethereal being...but that's almost impossible, not to mention there is no way of knowing whether or not you can trust the being...

My mind is open to the concept but I don't think I believe with every fibre of my being yet and maybe that why I have not been able to do it.
This is what you should be focusing on...this is THE key...and beleif goes hand in hand with a calm and silent mind, free of random thoughts and distractions...you need to become completely absorbed into the moment...and with a clear mind, your intent must be focused on one thing...having a clear mind that is calm and stable is important, which is why meditation is so important, but not completely necessary...

I have also read mixed reports. Some say this is bad and satanic in nature while other say that it is not. Some say there is danger of evil entities taking over your body while others say it is perfectly safe.
Utter ignorance...I wont even get into this...but there is absolutely nothing satanic or evil about it...although, I don't doubt that evil beings inhabit the ethereal plane...however, I don't think they are able to take over your body...I've never heard of such a case...and as long as you remain connected to your physical body via the "life cord" or whatever they call it these days, it should be practically impossible for another being to sever that connection otherwise it would happen all the time, since people astral project practically every night...it's also highly likely that a physical human body can only handle one soul at a time.

If there is anyone out there that would care to lend a hand or give me some feedback I would be greatly appreciative.
Well, all the help I can give has been given in this post...I'm certiantly not any type of mentor as I've only astral projected a few times, and very briefly...my knowledge is pretty much the result of research and inner truth seeking...

[edit on 26/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
1 reply? Where is everyone at?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is possible..

At least if you believe this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope someone can yank you out, and if it's not too much to ask, yank me out too.

You should look into brainwave generators too, binaural beats and stuff like that, I'm going to start trying them myself at night for a period.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
It is possible..

At least if you believe this thread:

Hope someone can yank you out, and if it's not too much to ask, yank me out too.

You should look into brainwave generators too, binaural beats and stuff like that, I'm going to start trying them myself at night for a period.

Good luck!

Not saying I necessarily want someone to "yank" me out...not for nothing but there are many shady characters in this world. Not being all to familiar with this whole thing and not knowing someone's intentions might be a little uncomfortable.

The rest of that stuff...I have no idea what all that is. I guess it is time for my ol' friend Google.

As far as that thread. Well I will not pass judgement because I have no idea if it is even possible. I need to figure this out and confirm or deny the reality of astral/oobe.

-Nate

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you're willing to astral project, a few monthes of training is nothing. I have been trying since this summer, and I had no astral projection yet. I'm just getting finished opening my chakras (only one left, w00t !).
It is likely to take years before you master astral projection, especially if you're young.
But don't despair, just enjoy the trip !

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not to young...not to old. I am 35.
Need a trip first first!!

Problem is there is to many resources on the net with to many damn methods. Kind of why I wanted info straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I'm American, I want it and I want it now!

I would be happy to know that it is 100% no crap true, but I need to achieve it in order to know that. Damned if I do and damned if I don't!

-Nate

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
From what I heard, 35 is a good age to start.
I think you should use what is said in that thread :
Hopefuly this will help you.

Edit : Also, if you meditate before sleeping, I suggest you take the habit of drinking some tea. This won't get you as excited as coffee usually does, but will still allow you to avoid falling asleep too easily.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Jalis]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I have two subjects to tell you

First off, glady, nothing can relieve you of your body. By that i mean, you cannot be torn unwilling from your body if it still lives.

But secondly i warn you, if an expeienced person at this art knows who and where you are, attempting this would be very foolish. Ill just add, there is the chance worse beings are waiting to take control of your body should you leave it behind.

This isnt something i would recomend to anyone

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The method that ended up working for me was the look at your watch and ask your self if you are awake method.

What you do is while you are awake, look at your watch and look at the time, then ask your self if you are asleep. To check if you are asleep, recount in detail everything that has happened to you since you got up. Be specific, example: I got up, went to the bath room, brushed my teeth, go ready for work, drove to work, started Work Item A, Did work Item B, Had lunch at such and such, I ate such and such, etc... Do this about ever 30 mins to an hour, what ever is convenient for you.

Eventually after doing this every hour, of every day, you will eventually start doing it while you are dreaming. If you are asleep, you will remember the dream sequence and realize that it doesn't make sense. Such as you will think, what was I doing before I was here, let see I was talking to some people, and before that I was riding a pink elephant, then I was with my dead father... wait WTF, I must be asleep.

Then you will be able to gain consciousness while you are sleeping. Then you can attempt to leave your body.

I think this method came from one of Monroe's books.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
- Edit! -

I read a few posts and my original question was answered. To the post above me, wouldn't your methods be used for Lucid dreaming also?

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Simply J]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post.

I'm a person that was skeptical with Astral Projection mostly because I failed at it with every single attempt, up until today. I didn't astral project, but it felt like I was about to, and after having this weird ass event go down, my determination is stronger then ever. I'm gonna say how it went down, and if any of the more experience people can relate to it, please do so, and maybe I can get some advice on how to repeat.

So it's 11 something pm, and i'm laying on my back and just closing my eyes, emptying my mind, trying to astral project. My eyes start reverberating, but after a few minutes, I give up and resort to lucid dreaming. I tell myself three times, "I will remember my dream." Then proceed to go to sleep. Now my dream was fairly weird. I'm 20 years old, and this dream took place during an 8th grade graduation. I thought it was very weird.

So anyways, in this dream, i'm hanging out with my best friend and we're just sitting down, cracking jokes and whatnot. Now, suddenly ... my cousin comes into the picture and asks me a question. I do not remember the answer, because the question 7 years earlier. I then tell my cousin and friend, "I'm from the future." They both immediately start making fun of me.

The scene skips to my best friend's backyard, where he is fixing up a barbeque set up. ( Sorry for the spelling? ) As he's fixing this up, I again tell him. "I'm from the future, don't you believe me?" He said he didn't know if he could or not. Then? It hit me. I thought in my head, this can't be right. I think i'm dreaming. So when this thought occured, I immediately tried to get a bunch of girls into the dream. That was a failure, but I did manage to explode one of the propane tanks underneath the barbeque.

He was unscathed and glanced at me, and I at him. Then I told him, "Did I do that?"

"I don't think so." Was his reply.

So then, I glance at him again and say "Am I dreaming?"

His response was "If you were, I'm not gonna tell you."

So when he said that, something weird happened. It was confirmation that I was dreaming, and I immediately wanted to astral project. The dream was over, but the picture of the scene was still in my head, even though I knew I was awake. It felt like I was on the bed, but that I wasn't in my room. I honestly don't know what was going on, but I remember reading that you should try and sit up. So, I tried sitting up while in this trance and IMMEDIATELY had these tingling sensations run throughout the entirety of my body, and my ears were buzzing constantly. I kept trying, but then started to realize I was lying on my stomach and woke up.

So uh ... sorry for the overly detailed story, this literally happened about 10 - 16 minutes ago. Is my description of this experience somewhat accurate?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My apologies for deleting what i had to say here. I'm frustrated by my failure to have an OOBE, I will continue trying on my own, good luck to you.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by chubbybuffalo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chubbybuffalo

I just made a thread. I was going to give a tip to the OP but it got lengthy and made a thread out of it. Don't be frustrated, don't give up!

There is the thread. Hope you succeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Get the book "Mastering Astral Projection." It comes with a CD of binaural beats. It's a 90 day program, with steps to do every day. Other good books to find out about what it's like, maybe at the library are Robert Monroe and Bruce Moen.

Yes, your spirit guide or other spiritual helpers can help pull you out.

There are also hemi-sync CDs that can help. But I would go with MAP first. You need to know what to expect and how to make it successful. Basically before you go out you will generally feel a ton of vibrations and sometimes loud noises. Better to know what to expect first and get a feel of the territory.

Nothing evil about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It is possible to pull somebody out although the presence of another astral traveller can be very disturbing. You would probably mistake them for an evil spirit or something.

Robert Bruce is a great teacher of astral projection, I highly recommend you read his stuff.

I've had many astral projections in the past, some disturbing but mostly fascinating....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hey, I have a question about Astral projection. I tried to do a OOBE, but when I went my room to lie down, I start to lose all feeling and went numb. (I was trying to do this.) After that I tried to get to project by the Rope method but for awhile I just laid there total relax but my heart beat kept speeding up faster and faster, and my body just kept feeling like it was going back and forth. Any ideas what happened?

PS: First post, don't bash to hard on me please.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monetize
Hey, I have a question about Astral projection. I tried to do a OOBE, but when I went my room to lie down, I start to lose all feeling and went numb. (I was trying to do this.) After that I tried to get to project by the Rope method but for awhile I just laid there total relax but my heart beat kept speeding up faster and faster, and my body just kept feeling like it was going back and forth. Any ideas what happened?

PS: First post, don't bash to hard on me please.

I'm no expert, but this sounds like typical exit sensations. Your heart will feel like it's going at 1000 bpm but it's not really. It's your heart chakra being energized. The sensation of going back and forth is your energy body loosening. Sometimes you will end up moving into your actual bed and back. Next time, try to focus on the back of your head just above your neck - this really kick starts the whole process for me. I believe this activates the pineal gland. The vibrations will then start to happen and you'll feel strange sensations in your stomach area, like you are going over a dip in the road while driving.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm no expert, but this sounds like typical exit sensations. Your heart will feel like it's going at 1000 bpm but it's not really. It's your heart chakra being energized. The sensation of going back and forth is your energy body loosening. Sometimes you will end up moving into your actual bed and back. Next time, try to focus on the back of your head just above your neck - this really kick starts the whole process for me. I believe this activates the pineal gland. The vibrations will then start to happen and you'll feel strange sensations in your stomach area, like you are going over a dip in the road while driving.

Ok, while doing it look like I was seeing through my eyes closed and I opened em to see if I was right, but I didnt realise I stoped everything.

Thanks, but what do you mean focus on it? I was wondering what went wrong with the what happened. Was it the exit technique or something?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Monetize]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Monetize]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Monetize

That's a good step forward, well done... That's known as 'astral sight'. At least now you remember clearly what astral sight was like. Next time you have a projection you should be able to 'open' your astral eyes without too much difficulty. (This is much like the first time you ever opened your eyes when swimming under water).

By focus on it I mean have your awareness center around it. Really just a case of putting yourself in that area if that makes any sense. You'll know what I mean when it starts to cause the vibrations and/or intense pressure feelings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join