It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Floor Statement on Assassinations 2/24/10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Congressman Paul speaks on the floor about assassinations of Americans by their own government

For those that don't know, Obama said that it's okay to assassinate american citizens.

They hate us for our freedoms!

I think that everything that has been and is going on overseas, it will now come to the US.

Has it really come to this?
Before saying this is what tptb want this world to become let me say first:
How have we allowed ourselves to get to this point?

I can't believe no other congressman/senator is also opposing this in masses
Who are they representing?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And they reauthorized the Patriot Act today. Good on Dr. Paul for speaking out in support of the constitution.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair in open testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Feb. 3rd of this year acknowledged that American citizens can indeed be assassinated at our governments discretion."

I fear where we are heading in this country.

Are we really so afraid to allow the govenment to kill citizens with no charges or trial?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Trying to look up what you said, I can't seem to find a link to it. So, do you have a credible link to such a source? I would hate to look foolish by believing you blindly about what Mr Blair had said.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
How did it get this way? Because people keep working, keep voting, keep buying their products and keep their money in banks. Want to stop it? I suggest a slow movement toward changing all of the forementioned statements.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

"National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair in open testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Feb. 3rd of this year acknowledged that American citizens can indeed be assassinated at our governments discretion."

I simply do not believe that is true (that it was said, that is).

Do you have a credible link?

edit: because if what you are referring to is what I think you are referring too, your characterization of Blair's statement is misleading at best and an outright lie of scandalous proportions if done on purpose.

[edit on 24/2/2010 by rnaa]

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is one of the most incredibly brave citizen-politicians of the Millennium. God protect him from all evil. Amen.

President Obama is such a disappointment that with any news at all about his administration I simply want to scream at the top of my lungs.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I thank God for Ron Paul. I mean that and I say that because I believe that he might be our only hope. I'm just clinging on to my last hope. I can't believe this is where we are at.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

do you have a credible link to such a source?

abc news

Huffington Post

Democracy Now

World Net Daily

I can't seem to find a link to it.

You didn't look very hard.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Congressman Paul speaks on the floor about assassinations of Americans by their own government

I can't believe no other congressman/senator is also opposing this in masses
Who are they representing?

This is the American congress that we're talking about here. They're just a bunch of worthless cowards and liers. It's not like they ever do anything productive.

If they wanna be the ones that get the revolution going they are gonna have to spill 1st blood.

The American people sure as hell won't do anything.

I think they're bluffing.

Let's see them do it. Bring us a body.

BRING FORTH A DEAD BODY FOR US ALL TO SEE CONGRESS.

GIVE US BLOOD.

WE WANT BLOOD.

WE WANT BLOOD.

They'll need to televise the 1st assination on MSNBC so that we can know that they mean business. I think MSNBC should get the 1st assination rights don't you? After the 1st one the other networks can bid on future assinations, like the superbowl. Corporate sponsors should be willing to spend big bailout dollars on advertising. Just think of all the advertising jobs that will be created at the networks. At least 3 or 4 new news anchor positions should be created at the big three networks as a result of the assination stimulous bill.

Go ahead government start assinating American citizens if you got the balls.

What is the preferred method for offing dissident citizens anways?

Head shots in a motercade?

POison?

Exploding cars upon turn of the ignition key?

HOw about they just tax and persecute someone until they crash a plane into an IRS building?

Make it look like a suicide.

Fucin' retards - a real assination policy would be a damn secret.

I'm starting to think that Ron Paul is the official shill for the NWO revolution. Rest of 'em got no balls, WTF?

[edit on 25-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Trying to look up what you said, I can't seem to find a link to it. So, do you have a credible link to such a source? I would hate to look foolish by believing you blindly about what Mr Blair had said.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by whatukno]

I find it hard to believe you even looked. In fact, I'm inclined to assume that you know of at least a handful of credible sources on this, but your only intention of that post was to leave a discrediting remark towards the OP on the first page. Leaving a grossly damning statement for readers on the go, who see your statement and take it at face value.

Stop being so disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
thats pretty #ed up

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I find it hard to believe you even looked.

I find it amusing he even felt the need to ask. After all, the original post of this thread contains an embedded video of a US Congressman delivering a official speech on the Congressional floor.

That's far more of an original source than any media outlet could possibly be. What further corroboration was he expecting?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

You didn't look very hard.

In fact I found exactly those entries.

None of them have the quote provided by ErasureHead which was:

EH put that statement in quotes, so I wanted to know who was being quoted, because that is NOT what Blair said.

Blair said that overseas terrorists are targets for the American Intelligence Community and sometimes that includes 'direct action'. When the terrorist target is an American citizen, special permissions are required.

There is nothing "discretionary" about it and making it sound like "direct action" against terrorist targets is somehow "government assassination of random American citizens by whim" is a dangerous beat up.

Welcome to the world.

This statement is not to be read to indicate that I condone even this 'direct action' stuff, I don't. But to beat the story into something more than it is is, plain and simply, ignorant.

[edit on 25/2/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I see. Thank you. Was that so hard? Perhaps next time when a member posts a quote so out of context that it no longer resembles what was actually said, we can indulge my curiosity a little and post the links, maybe without such snarky remarks attached.

Now that it's clear that we are talking about Americans abroad working with terrorists to plan attacks on the United States can be targeted for assassination, it puts it in a different context.

When Erasurehead posted:

It makes it seem that any American could be targeted for assassination doesn't it. But when you put it in the context of Americans working abroad with terrorists, it changes the meaning.

While I still don't agree with Mr. Blair's comments, and would urge him to refresh his memory on the writ of habeas corpus and how crime and punishment is dealt with as far as our citizens go. I would have rather been right to say those things than to take Erasurehead's out of context quote as the truth.

Because it takes on a whole new meaning when you are talking about people practicing open war against their own country. Assassination? No, I don't agree that we have the right or duty to assassinate Americans overseas working for terrorists. But I think it is right to arrest them, bring them back to the United States, and put them on trial for treason.

LordBucket & SyphonX,

I did look, but I looked for the exact quote that Erasurehead mentioned. The reality of what he did say and what Erasurehead put in his post are vastly different.

So sorry that you were aghast and offended by me asking a question, and forgive me for not taking a politician at his word. Just because it's Ron Paul doesn't make me trust him any more. While I agree with what he is saying in the video (And yes I did watch it) I would rather have facts to look at rather than jump to conclusions about something that as we see now is taken completely out of context and edited to deliver a completely different message.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Um - Bush policy - continued by Obama. Thanks Ron - think you might want to be a bit more concerned with the war they are about to start with fracken China in Iran - FFS people.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
And they reauthorized the Patriot Act today. Good on Dr. Paul for speaking out in support of the constitution.

What a great point. Where was the natl debate on this?
Commentary by the President on renewal of the Patriot Act?
For all of you who are still supporting/believing the "hope and change" rhetoric, pls reply as to how the Patriot Act figures into your dreams.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
All the hullabaloo about torturing terrorists (or enemy combatants if you are liberal) is small potatoes compared to this!! Wow. Assassinating our own citizens. I doubt the MSM will bother covering this.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Sorry to burst your bubble but ron paul is on the nwo side. Do you really think they would let this knight in shinning armour come and mess up their plans that have been going on probably since nimrod.

Politics is nothing more than a pantomime to trick us into thinking we live in a free society.

Jesus tried teaching us about our true potential. The elite new where this would lead so they killed him. The same elite some years later bring out a book of his teachings and turn it into a religius corporation. Do you really think they would put anything in the bible that truely empowered ther common person...

Its all about seeing through the crap, realising we have potential and learning to stand on our own 2 feet!!

ron paul- www.youtube.com...

This might be worth a read- 2012time2growup.ning.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Actually, the renewal was done back in December.

Two sections were changed to sunset on December 31, 2009: section 206 — the roving wiretap provision — and section 215, which allowed access to business records under FISA. Section 215 was amended further regardless so as to give greater judicial oversight and review.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know of any provisions of the Patriot Act that were due for a vote, and I don't know of any that are due to be renewed this year.

Perhaps that is another thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join