It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I went to sleep last night thinking about ATS, and although I can't remember the dream I had very well, I know that in it, I was using my IT skills to categorize the stars that people place on threads. I remember thinking before nodding off that you can't star something twice, so somewhere ATS records the fact that you have starred a post. There are SO many ways to use the information of who starred which post, to draw a pretty clear picture of each person who participates in ATS. It seems quite anonymous to just star a post, but there is no reason to assume that a person like me, who can glean the gist of a post and give it a subject title such as 'Aliens have visited Earth' (the most innocuous of beliefs, really) and then collect counts of stars given by any given person signifying agreement with posts about that subject. I'm not saying that ATS is doing this in some threatening way. I'm just saying that no systems analyst would find it difficult to categorize posts and identify who placed which stars where. It should give you something to think about, anyway! And before someone tells me that ATS has the best of intentions, let me throw out there that we can not be sure that at some time in the future someone with more sinister intentions won't collect that information and use it against us!

join